Version 9 Status Thread

Jan

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Commander said:

Who here would like to make the assumption Jan is trolling us and that thing isn't catchable? Or in other words:

IT'S A TRAP!

Admiral Ackbar would be proud... 

Anyways, Lets start another discussion.

I feel as if one character stands above every other character in terms of complexity.

A character that we can relate to. A character that we love.

We feel this character's emotions. We feel his struggle, and his internal battle between good and evil.

He is the most well written character in any Pokemon Fangame ever.

And his name is.....

Spoiler

Texen

Let's discuss this absolute masterpiece of a character's role in Version 9.

Edited by ShadeStrider

Something about it just screams that it's a trap.  From the background, it looks like either a Xen base, OR a Dimensional Rift.  And you don't catch Pokemon inside Rifts.  Not even the Dimensional Rift Pokemon.  Hell, we probably can't even capture them after they're purified, whenever Melia figures out the way to do that.  There's definitely gotta be a catch.

8 hours ago, ShadeStrider said:

Admiral Ackbar would be proud... 

Anyways, Lets start another discussion.

I feel as if one character stands above every other character in terms of complexity.

A character that we can relate to. A character that we love.

We feel this character's emotions. We feel his struggle, and his internal battle between good and evil.

He is the most well written character in any Pokemon Fangame ever.

And his name is.....

Reveal hidden contents

Texen

Let's discuss this absolute masterpiece of a character's role in Version 9.

I swear to god if you had said John Cena....

Edited by FleetWood

Anyways, I have a random topic i wanted to discuss. This question popped in my head while replaying Assassin's Creed III.

Who is the Main Character's Dad? That is, assuming "They" have one.

Discuss. 

I know we don't even know who our mom is, but, still, lets discuss the MC's Dad.

Just now, ShadeStrider said:

Anyways, I have a random topic i wanted to discuss. This question popped in my head while replaying Assassin's Creed III.

Who is the Main Character's Dad? That is, assuming "They" have one.

Discuss. 

I know we don't even know who our mom is, but, still, lets discuss the MC's Dad.

I hate to be that guy. But literally what is the point of this discussion.

I literally couldn't think of any other question to ask that hasn't been covered to death already. 

How about:

What is Amaria besides a scout?

She has a full team of fire types so far.

So maybe reserve fire leader?

She also says something around the lines" Weird stuff has been happening since you showed up, imma get u fam"

Who is she exactly?

25 minutes ago, Sceptilespy said:

How about:

What is Amaria besides a scout?

She has a full team of fire types so far.

So maybe reserve fire leader?

She also says something around the lines" Weird stuff has been happening since you showed up, imma get u fam"

Who is she exactly?

I thought it was confirmed that Amaria was nothing but a scout, and has no real significance to the story otherwise?

Either way, It doesn't seem that interesting, unless we have the "Amaria is Madame X" theories to talk about. I think those were confirmed false.

Edited by ShadeStrider

I thought it was confirmed that Amaria was nothing but a scout, and has no real significance to the story otherwise?

Either way, It doesn't seem that interesting, unless we have the "Amaria is Madame X" theories to talk about. I think those were confirmed false.

Sigh, I'm not sure what to talk about.

How about new gym teams with gen 7? It doesn't even have to be just gyms!

(Intense Crawli better get an Araquanid otherwise it's not intense)

(Also, Ren needs to get a Silvally to match the nuclear edge radiating off his pixels)

Edited by Sceptilespy

I've been wanting to talk about Amaria (soon to be Amanda I guess). It bothers me how she and Geara look so similar that it can't just be a coincidence, right? I keep looking at the graphics over and over and I just don't get it. Maybe Amaria is in leagues with Team Xen. Anything is still possible since we are at the halfway mark (we are at 10 badges and Jan said that the story will continue on a bit more after we get the next badge - whoever that maybe be?).

8 hours ago, Winter Angel said:

I've been wanting to talk about Amaria (soon to be Amanda I guess). It bothers me how she and Geara look so similar that it can't just be a coincidence, right? I keep looking at the graphics over and over and I just don't get it. Maybe Amaria is in leagues with Team Xen. Anything is still possible since we are at the halfway mark (we are at 10 badges and Jan said that the story will continue on a bit more after we get the next badge - whoever that maybe be?).

By that logic, Saki and Crescent are connected somehow... They look a lot like each other.

20 hours ago, Sceptilespy said:

I hate to be that guy. But literally what is the point of this discussion.

Hey a discussion's a discussion its something to talk about while we wait for V9 

Oh and Jan if you read this, will any previous events slightly change when the update is complete or is the game just getting a re-skin/re-design

Edited by FleetWood

I wonder about the Gym Leader's relationships between themselves and the league.

I mean you're not going to sit here and tell me, the league doesn't know all the messed up stuff that's going on behind the scenes. In fact, what even is the league's game. Why is Marianette a leader with a guardian that happens to be a freaky religious fanatic. Why is the gym in the sewers as well? Why is a blind kid a leader. Why are Venam and Amber leaders? They might be good with their type, but from as far as we have seen, lack the responsibility, and leadership that a leader requires. Saki builds machines like rocket launchers presumably without any permission from the government or any authority, and Volta is away from the city most of the time, leaving the reserve leader to take up the position of Gym Leader and hold the burden that Volta was supposed to shoulder. And apparently it's hard to get a battle with Flora.

What's the E8 and Champion's game? I find it hard to believe a league would do this all obliviously.

The League is probably being monitored by the Gearen City Lab, but it's not being done well. I guess there aren't many people up to the task; considering that Aevium is kind of a damaged region which is still trying to regain its glory after the Divide.

The Normal leader is supposed to be dead. Melia was the one who was planning to apply for that spot, but she quit halfway. Marianette's battle is technically illegal, because she isn't monitored by the league. The MC just had the luck to encounter her. The gym is in the sewers most likely due to magic or the like working.

Blindness doesn't hinder a person from becoming a leader. As long as one can get in touch with his pokemon, he is eligible for being a Gym Leader.

As to Amber and Venam's case, it's either that leadership isn't a necessary skill or that no one can take up their post. A third possibility is that they're just quite good.

Saki is a famous and esteemed mechanic or such, so she can get away with something like that.

As to Volta's case, she's busy with work, thus, she is free to have a reserve leader fill in for her. This also occurs with Narcissa and Venam actually.