Means you guys used to beat Solaris' Garchomp?

Lord C

I am currently leveling a Ratatta in the Day Care for him to learn Endeavor, so that I can cross with a Phanpy to breed two Donphans with Sturdy and Endeavor (the second in case he uses Hyper Potion or something [i'm theorizing he has Rough Skin, which would kill off the Donphans) and use my Meowstic's Fake Out to finish it off.

I am wondering however, what other possible means could have been used to deal with the hammerhead dragon

Pretty sure I used focus sash destiny bond the first time, although that was quite some time ago. The way I remember best was when I did it in mono-dark.

5 Prankster Purrloins with Sand Attack, 1 Crawdaunt with swords dance. GG Garchomp.

The easiest (and cheesiest) way of going about is using a prankster Murkrow with Perish Song.

Otherwise a Fairy type with Air Balloon is the way to go, since it'll keep spamming Earthquake over and over. In general there are lots of ways for defeating the thing.

I fluked the heck out of this thing, and i am so proud of what i did.

I used nature power with my Quick Claw Sceptile, got Heat wave, and burned garchomp. Then i switched to Azumarill, then i switched to Noivern, then back to Azumarill and so on. This was to block incoming earthquakes and dragon claws :P .

Easiest way to cheese the fight is with a sturdy sawk from pyrous mountain that has counter in its movepool. Give it enough HP EV's and counter should be able to one shot garchomp provided the moronic AI doesn't use stone edge.

Otherwise I prefer to switch through intimidate 'mons to get it to -6 atk and then stall out with leech seed.

First time I did it with my regular team I just kept sending out mightyena and sacrificing other team members. I finally used sand attack on it until my Mightyena died and then sent out Slurpuff who proceeded to use cotton guard and spam draining kiss.

Holy shit... all you guys make me feel like a noob. All the more because my original strategy failed (partly due to Leftovers, partly due to more Full Restores than I anticipated, partly because I was too lazy to train a second Donphan)

Either way, I used two pokemon with sturdy: Graveller and a Donphan (this one with Endeavor). Opened with Graveller and used Self-Destruct, which set the volcanic field in fire. Next Donphan used Endeavor and Garchomp died due to the burned field.

Believe it or not, I came here in the first place to confirm you were indeed supposed to loose against him.

I'm on my first run, I didn't know at all I'd encounter a lv. 75 Garchomp I was supposed to loose against, so I didn't prepare anything, and I beat him on first attempt. ^^'

How ? With a lucky Curse, because he missed my Cofagrigus ^^' Then a Sturdy Forretress + Self-destruct to speed up the process a bit, and just stalling.

I assumed you were supposed to loose against it because at the end of the fight, things happened as if I had lost - and by logic anyway, no way you can ask a player to beat this at this point of the game with pokemon under lv. 45 *_*

Well now I know I was supposed to loose. Guess I'm not one to do as I'm said.

i find that endeavor./curse feel like cheating vs the boss monsters, i won the muk fight first try,this one too

maybe they should be immune to these type of stuff :/ i might stop using them i feel like a cheater

their huge healthpool has no point

destiny bond should be in the list too i guess

Where is the line? Defeating a single boss mon is quite easy if you're prepared for it. Power split, Power swap, toxic, poison fang, fling, endeaver, curse, destiny bond, perish song, subseed, ... the list is longer but what is considered skill and what is considered cheese?

Edited by FairFamily