If you were to give each Reborn leader an alternative ace that they don't already use...

Monochrome_Complex

Which would they be? Remember that it has to be a pokemon they don't use normally on their teams.

Julia: Oriorico Cheer is just perfect for her. It's basically Julia in pokemon form, minus the ability to explode.

Florinia: Probably Ferrothorn, as I feel it fits her robotic, distant personality with its steel typing and thorns relating to her keeping others at a distance.

Corey: Weezing since Corey likes to rely on poisonous gas and weezing looks miserable which fits Corey's personality.

Shelly: Leavanny! While it'd probably make her too easy, I think the dynamic of swadloon -> leavanny fits shelly's development really well. Plus Shelly is a good vibes person and Leavanny is such a warm and inviting pokemon.

Shade: Gotta go with Dusknoir. Dusknoir drags souls to the underworld and Shade was seen taking Corey's soul when he died. Dusknoir even has the midsection mouth just like Shade does in his battle sprite.

Kiki: Mienshao I believe...it certainly does have the wise teacher look to it, and fits Kiki's aesthetic nicely.

Aya: I'd use salandit's evo if we knew it, but for now I'll just settle with Venomoth I guess. TBH it's kind of hard to find one to fit her.

Serra: Alolan Ninetales for sure.

Noel: Drampa. Remember that Noel is an orphan, so I think him finding a sort of parental figure in Drampa would be neat.

Radomus: Hypno, since he hypnotized El. Kind of hard to find one for him since Gardevoir and Gallade fit him so well.

Luna: Sableye IMO. She hangs out in the iolia valley, it always has this Cheshire grin and is a playful trickster just like luna.

Samson: Machamp of course.

Charlotte: Rapidash I suppose.

Terra: Krookadile, since she's actually a part of team meteor and Krookadile fits her RAWAAAR ishness as well.

Ciel: Mega pidgeot is the only other flying mega whose grace and aesthetic fits her IMO.

Cal: I'll go with Turtonator here, as its dragon typing plays off Cal's inferiority complex with his brother, and Turtonator sort of keeps Magmortar's tough n ugly aesthetic.

Blake: Cloyster, as his water typing plays off his sense of superiority against his brother and cloyster kind of looks like a jerk, which of course Blake is.

• Global Mods

Luna does have Sableye. Also, Florinia has Ferrothorn at Fiore Mansion. (also if you're going to include Sun/Moon Pokemon it might be best to include a spoiler warning in the thread title)

Julia: Oricorio Pom Pom Style

Florinia: Chesnaught. Spiky moves in desert.

Corey: Salandit. Corrosion. Corrosive Field. Corey's name pun is corrode.

Shelly: Cutiefly

Shade: Dusknoir for reasons you listed, or Cofagrigus because of the eyes

Kiki: Mienshao

Aya: Scolipede

Serra: Alolan Ninetales

Noel: Drampa

Radomus: Alakazam

Luna: Absol. One belief Luna mentions a lot is that darkness is misunderstood. So is Absol. People think Absol cause natural disasters because they appear when they're about to happen, when Absol is actually trying to warn people.

Samson: Machamp.

Charlotte: Alolan Marowak

Terra: Dugtrio

Ciel: Crobat. You can't spell acrobat without Crobat.

Cal: Camerupt.

Blake: Cloyster (was actually his ace for a league season)

Bennett: Beautifly or Mothim are the only two butterflies/moths he hasn't used

Sigmund: Magnezone.

Victoria: Pangoro

Cain: Roserade

Fern: Amoonguss

A lot of mine are the same as yours.

Julia: Oriorico Cheer

Florinia: Cacturne

Corey: Weezing works

Shelly: I like your leavanny logic. Hadn't thought of it before.

Shade: Dusknoir

Kiki: Mienshao

Aya: Scolipede

Serra: Alolan Ninetales does seem to suit her

Noel: Kangaskhan, because it fits the parenting role without the creepy drugged up Drampa

Radomus: Elgyem

Luna: Alolan Meowth (or persian if it exists).

Samson: Machamp

Charlotte: Arcanine

Terra: Krookadile, since she's actually a part of team meteor and Krookadile fits her RAWAAAR ishness as well.

Ciel: Mega pidgeot

Cal: Chandelure

Blake: Cloyster

Just some thoughts for the eventual EX league, post game:

Julia:Zekrom due to the electricity and "power plant" theme.
Florinia: Zygarde, helps with the stall theme, and has good bulk. They can be stoic together :3
Corey: I've got nothing... Groudon perhaps...

Shelly: Rayquaza, it looks like a bug :3

Shade: Giratina, they can be terrifying together ^_^

Kiki: The whole musketeer trio!

Aya: Cresselia, it compliments her nicely. Its elegance and beauty, contrasts Aya's teenage insecurities nicely...

Serra: Latios and Latias. Once more, they can be elegant together! :3

Noel: I'd say Regigigas, but I kinda want to have him use something viable, so instead, let's go with Reshiram, because it looks like a normal type.. if you squint your eyes in the right way.

Radomus: Mewtwo. And then Mewtwo and Gardevoir can be witty together.

Luna: Darkrai, because DARKNESS... Lunala could also work.

Charlotte: Yvetal, because it too, like Charlotte, wants to see the world burn.

Terra: Regiggias... Just to troll people

Ciel: Lugia. They can be majestic together :3

Edited by Tartar

Okay, lets try this.

Julia: Rotom-Mow

Florina: Carnivine

Corey: Weezing

Shelly: Accelgor

Shade: Spiritomb

Kiki: Sawk

Aya: Arbok

Serra: Avalugg

Noel: Stoutland

Radomus: Hypno

Luna: Absol

Samson: Hitmonlee

Charlotte: Flareon

Terra: Stunfisk

Ciel: Does it have to be a Mega? In case of that: Mega Pigeot. It not, then Skarmory.

Victoria: Medicham

Cain: Vileplume

Fern: Parasect

Cal: Pyroar

Blake: Lapras

Sigmund: Eelektross

Please correct me if any of them already have said Pokémon on their team. It's been a while since I've played Reborn, so I don't remember everyones team.

Edited by Lilleen

• Global Mods

Okay, lets try this.

Julia: Rotom-Mow

Florina: Cacturne

Corey: Weezing

Shelly: Accelgor

Shade: Spiritomb

Kiki: Sawk

Aya: Arbok

Serra: Jynx

Noel: Stoutland

Radomus: Hypno

Luna: Absol

Samson: Hitmonlee

Charlotte: Flareon

Terra: Stunfisk

Ciel: Does it have to be a Mega? In case of that: Mega Pigeot. It not, then Skarmory.

Victoria: Medicham

Cain: Vileplume

Fern: Parasect

Cal: Pyroar

Blake: Lapras

Sigmund: Eelektross

Please correct me if any of them already have said Pokémon on their team. It's been a while since I've played Reborn, so I don't remember everyones team.

IIRC, Serra has Jynx in E15. Florinia has Cacnea.

Lol I know we haven't even gotten to her yet, but Titania using Klefki as her ace.

Just angrily shake your keys at your opponents instead of stabbing them.....wait. Those keys are sharp. Never mind then.