Bad habits in life!

Hect

... Everybody has 'em, some people try to deny it, but in the end it's always apparent. Especially with friends, or people that you stick with over a prolonged period of time. Some people like to share their bad habits, though. Others are not afraid to talk about them, but secretly like it anyway. (Guess I'm of the latter type.. it's just fun. And people get to know you better. Win/win for the whole family, eh?)

Anyway, I felt the need to start another topic that's pointless, so here goes! What are your bad habits? :D No matter if it's gaming, real-life, social stuff, anything! Feel free to share it, I guess!

I'll start off with three of mine, take it as an example, if you want:

1.) I'm very talkative. At least on the internet.. but..

2.) .. on the other hand, I also don't exactly talk much in real-life. Most of the things I say/sounds I make (Sighing. Yes, a lot of it. I sigh a lot and I will not deny it.) are related to pessimism, sarcasm and everything else that's bad. I'm also very cynical, even when I'm overall being relatively polite.

3.) Hmm, huuh, I had a hard time picking this one. It's a close tie between not listening to other people due to my short attention span, or getting obsessed with things rather quickly. Now, if I'm obsessed about something, I talk a lot about it. So I guess it's only right to pick the first thing that I've stated: I'm a terrible listener. I pretend to listen but in the end I almost always get exposed, be it due to a rhetorical question or other things like that.. but it's whatever, if I care enough, I'll make the effort to listen. If I don't, then I won't waste my time and pretend or actively show my disinterest.

Ah, I may just add a fourth one.. oh well.~

4.) I'm very lazy. And I'm not just saying it. On a more serious note, this bad habit may bring me misfortune later in my life. Then again, if I'm fed up with something, I mostly get stuff done. So in a way, I'm having a slow start almost everytime. It's just hard to describe. :P And I didn't say that I'm good at it, either. Stupid language barrier..

Anyway, I have more bad habits, of course. But I didn't feel like the first post should be too big. <.<

• Support Squad

Well, the worst habit I have is R7, and no it is not masturbation see what I did there? so I'll not detail that one.

My second worst habit is procrastination. If I don't want to do something you can bet your bottom dollar I will do everything I can to stall until the need to either passes or reaches critical levels.

• Developers

lets see

(1. I'm indecisive

(2. I get anxiety about things alot and thinking about them makes me sad so I get my mind on something else even if that thing needs atending to.

(3.I won't shut the hell up

(4. I mess up my sleep schedule constantly

(5. I say "I" too much

(6. I say "sorry" too much

(7. I have the tendency to hug people

(8. Drinking to much doctor pepper.

1. procrastination / lazyness

best example is in the morning - Alarm rings for me to get up... turn around... just five more minutes... 20 minutes later I finally get up and rush all my things (bathroom, preparing food for work, getting ready...)

- oh, right I wanted to do XY ... ... *2 hours later*... hehehe... look at that silly cat... wait I wanted to do XY... ah what the hell... I'll do it tomorrow...

2. I'm not that talkative IRL... espacially not on topics I'm totally not interested... I could talk games and anime for hours but other things... not really.

3. I have a really bad obsession with "..." while writing in forums or chatting... god damnit!

4. number 3 might be partly because I hate to finish things (mostly games and other fun stuff)... like RPGs. Everytime a RPG tells me I'm about to battle the final boss, I tell myself "Ok, I finish this tomorrow" and then I don't touch the game for 2 months or so... because I just don't want it to end...

5. I don't like crowds of people, that's why I don't go partying (and because most of the times, their music is just bad) - and therefore I will most likely forever be single :D

6. not really a habit - I was in school, when being a nerd/geek/gamer made you the outsider - and therefore my confidence in dealing with people took a huge hit... if only I was born one or two years later when everyone started to use smartphones and always needed someone with know-how *sigh*

edit:

7. I drank so much soda-drinks (cola, fanta etc.) in my youth I can't stand the blandness/tastelessness of plain water anymore... it just feels wrong

Edited by Cepheus

Finally a list I can fill with a lot of things!

• I love gambling. It may bring me some cash sometimes, but overall it's a dangerous thing.
  • I drink a lot of Monster energy drinks. Like, maybe one every two days. There is way worse, but that's already a lot.
  • I procrastinate a LOT. I almost always accomplish things passively (or do not even accomplish them at all), and it takes a lot of time.
  • I speak too fast and not clearly enough, even in my first language.
  • I am not concerned enough about my family... and my friends.

There are probably others, but these are the worst ones.

Needless to say sometimes I lie down on my bed, doing nothing but thinking about how much of an idiot piece of shit I am.

1. I talk before I think.

2. Horrible at controlling my anger.

3. I'm might be a bit too violent at times.

4. Sometimes I have a hard time understanding other peoples feeling.

5. Morbid humor (yes, I count this as a bad habit)

6. Screaming so loud people will lose their hearing before they are 30.

7. ,,, Having my skecthing pen in my mouth.

8. Singing. Not in general, but in a long term, it can get annoying.

9. I'm an asocial little piece of shit.

10. I let people get to me, especially people who don't know I'm ... aromantic.

1) I'm rubbish at breaking the ice

2) It takes me a lot to meet new people and make friends

3) I have huge difficulties to take part in a conversation if I don't like the topic

4) I forget about things like... all the time

4.1) I'm especially bad at remembering birthdays

5) I can't stand crowds and too loud noises

6) I can procrastinate a lot sometimes

1. I'm way too hard on myself when I don't achieve what I want to.

2. I eat to much unhealthy food (but at least I have good metabolism for now :D)

3. I get way to anxious about things that might go wrong.

4. I assume I dislike most people I meet in real life until they prove to me that I like them.

I bite off my fingernails while nervous sometimes.

I yawn in public like a hippopotamus without covering my mouth when I'm bored.

I like to put my feet up and squeeze my legs together on the chair while eating.

I put too much food on my plate until it overflows. (I eat everything on the plate and don't let any food go to waste though, unless it falls on the floor)

I prefer eating on bowls.

I lick the plate/bowl when the sauce is just so good.

I like filling conversations with subjects about myself.

I stare at people without focusing my line of sight to make my vision blurry sometimes.

Random obnoxious singing in inappropriate places. Like the cemetery.

I scratch or wipe my nose with my hand on random occasions.

• Global Mods

*finds a video/post/article/etc. that looks interesting but is long*

"This looks cool, but I don't really feel like reading/watching all of it right now. I'll come back to it later."

*forgets about it for several weeks/months, and now I no longer remember what's it called and/or it's been buried under more recent things so I can't find it*

Also sometimes it annoys me how frequently I use parentheses and dashes. I used 6 dashes in this post.

Procrastination, laziness, sleeping during the day when possible, drinking far too much pepsi...

Also, I am very sloppy. And only really clean up when the piles of rubbish, and/or clothes are almost up to my knee.

edit: also lack of motivation. That too.

I have a shit ton of problems.

Edited by Captain Breakfast

• Sometimes I allow my mind to wander off - a lot. When I'm not interested on a certain discussion, when something bothers me or thoughts of something interesting appear out of nowhere, it's like all things surrounding me vanish. It also happens in all kinds of situations, appropriate or not.

I smoke.

I'm purposely a jerk to people I don't like.

I'm easy to anger. Whiny people piss me off the most.

My laughter is too loud.

Edited by Gh0stStark

Being secretive of my feelings.

Being too shy.

Shopping too much.

Eating my nails when I get too stressed.

Becoming stressed quite easily.

Holding whatever things are troubling me inside.

Being a bit messy.

And last..become a bit pressured when I can't stay alone even for an hour.

Biting my nails. Have been doing it like whole my life or so.

Hate it but don't know how to stop.

Staying up for waaaaay to long even though I have to work the next day.

And probably some more but I can't remember (another bad habit!)

• 3 weeks later...

Let's see...

1) I can't handle social situations. I either end up saying next to nothing, or I make unintentionally drive the conversation to awkward silence, which never ends well for the parties involved. It's a bad cycle.

2) Procrastination. It causes me so much stress and drains my sleep (I absolutely crack under pressure), but some of the best work I've ever done has been the day before or even ON a due date.

3) Tying in to procrastination, I have a serious case of laziness. It's borderline lethargy, really. If I don't enjoy doing something, or if I don't have the desire to work, I will waste so much time in bed doing nothing or doing meaningless tasks just to get out of doing other work. This is the problem I'm most worried about, to be honest.

I hate my flaws, but I can't say I hate myself because of these flaws, as I still manage to live a (somewhat) normal life despite them. Anyways, cool topic. It actually brightnes my day up a bit and got my thinking after the absolute boredom that is school. Props to you, Lagspike. Awesome name, by the way.

Edited by KuroCovers

doing literally anything possible except study for a univercity i have been attending since 2006.

you could put me in an empty white room with only my study stuff, and i bet i would still find something to do and take my attention away from studying.

Hoo boy, here we have a list!

1) Lazy as hell.

2) Procrastination. If there is something that needs doing, I am usually going to put it off until the last moment. That is what I did with my learners permit.

3)Eat a crapton of junk food. Thankfully, I'm fixing this.

4)Binge eating. Fixing that as well.

5) I apologize too often.

6)I am overly critical about myself.