What Anime Are You Watching?

Cool Girl

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I just watched the first episode of Overlord. It isn't the anime I was looking for, but it shows promise and I know it's been mentioned around a few times.

It's still just the beginning, so does anyone here have any particular opinions about this one?

• 2 months later...

I'm on the last episode of The King's Avatar. It's only 12 eps long. It's got some great music to it but it's a pretty unrealistic look a mouse and keyboard mmo where you follow a god-tier player as he is forced to start over from scratch and just completely trounce everybody in a way that will make you think Kirito isn't such a gary stu after all. The action is still entertaining though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Watching "The Devil is a Part-Timer" on Netflix. So far, I'd have to give it a B- overall.

The main plot revolves around the devil fleeing to another dimension/world (ours) as he and his forces are routed by the hero. Since our real life world has little to no magic, he reverts to a body little more than a basic human while storing the rest of his magic in order to return to his home realm. Since becoming (more) human his plan to conquer the world follows the path of trying to attain power by rising up through the ranks of a fast food industry chain (obviously stupid). The 'hero' follows him through his gate to our world only to be faced by the same magical dilemma, compounded with the fact that the Devil now feels emotions (maybe) and it makes it hard for her to kill him, as wells as the fact that he behaves like a decent human being now that he is reduced to being a relatively normal human. There is a lot of absurdist situational humor and tactics in a way that I wouldn't recommend this for anyone to take seriously.

If you're looking for a way to pass time, this is okay. I wouldn't recommend it as a good anime in anyway whatsoever. It has way too may trope pitfalls for that.