What NFE Pokemon do you like more than their evolutions?

ty_taurus

Are there any NFE Pokemon you like way more than their fully evolved forms? Let's share which ones are the best.

For me, Togetic is the biggest one I like way more than Togekiss. I'm not a huge fan of Gen IV's half of the Pokedex where they just added evolutions to try and power-up weaker evolutionary families. I think a lot of the new designs didn't match quite right with the older ones in terms of color and style, or just didn't look as good as before. Rhydon's another example of a Pokemon that looked way better to me than Rhyperior does. At least both of these Pokemon can rock eviolite sets.

There are a bunch of starters that I feel this way about too. I was never a fan of Blastoise's design and was sad about how Squirtle evolved to have Wartortle's amazing new tail and ears, only to lose them immediately in favor of getting cannons. I know I have a pretty unpopular opinion about that though. I always wonder what a Wartortle evolution could have looked like if it retained the beautiful tail and ears in its design. Braixen is also a huge one that looks way cooler than Delphox. These two aren't as lucky with eviolite and have a much harder time getting by (with Wartortle getting by more than Braixen can).

250px-156Quilava.png

I mean come on, that thing just looks sick.

Edit: Rhyhorn's actually another one I really like. If the evolution tree stuck more to Rhyhorn's design I'd use Rhyperior way more.

250px-111Rhyhorn.png

Competitive-wise, Doublade. Aside from the fact that Aegislash is generally ban-hammered a lot, an Eviolite allows Doublade set up against most physical mons and become a pretty bulky sweeper and wall-breaker with Sacred Sword and Shadow Sneak. Basically, it's kind of like a more brute-force oriented Dusclops that gets more raw damage, toxic immunity, and type resistance over Dusclops' utility. Also, doubleswords.

Would be great if Dragonair was a branched evolution instead of a middle evolution, that or just have Dragonite as a stand-alone. I like having both, I just wish both were useful. Dragonair would've made a good candidate for a Dragon/Fairy too.

Edited by ty_taurus

• Global Mods

Would be great if Dragonair was a branched evolution instead of a middle evolution, that or just have Dragonite as a stand-alone. I like having both, I just wish both were useful. Dragonair would've made a good candidate for a Dragon/Fairy too.

This doesn't really exactly fix the problem, but you could swap dragonite and gyarados.

Also on the whole gen IV evolutions, I've seen this mentioned a few times, with things like ryperior, tangrowth and Probopass mentioned, as well as sometimes things like magmortar, ambipom and even magnezone. do some degree, I do agree with the quoted ones. However, I have to disagree with the group as a whole as I really like many of the other ones that people don't mention, such as Roserade, Honchcrow, Weavile, Gliscor, Gallade and Froslass.

Dragonair

meowth

bellsprout

voltorb

clefairy

jigglypuff

Haunter

spearow

rattata

geodude

exeggcute

tangela

goldeen

murkrow

pineco

togepi

elekid

poochyena

zigzagoon

wingull

bronzor

sneazle

patrat

ruflet

braixen brexit

pumpkaboo

I prefer Chansey to Blissey. Not only because it's better in competitive, but also because of Blisseys ears and the white parts of the body. In general, the design is worse.

Imma go with Metang. Honestly, he just looks so cool as a flying sentry-esque robot. Not to say Metagross looks bad, in fact he's badass. I just find a certain appeal in Metang more. Failing that, Scyther would be my next choice.

This doesn't really exactly fix the problem, but you could swap dragonite and gyarados.

Also on the whole gen IV evolutions, I've seen this mentioned a few times, with things like ryperior, tangrowth and Probopass mentioned, as well as sometimes things like magmortar, ambipom and even magnezone. do some degree, I do agree with the quoted ones. However, I have to disagree with the group as a whole as I really like many of the other ones that people don't mention, such as Roserade, Honchcrow, Weavile, Gliscor, Gallade and Froslass.

Was going for the concept that if Dragonair were a final evolution, it could have stat boosts that would place it closer to dragonite in terms of stat total.

From competitive view, I prefer Rhydon over Rhyperior and Clefairy over Clefable (just because is less cancerous than its evolution, although both should be deleted!)

Design wise Braixen, Ivysaur, Dewott, Grovyle and Frogadier from the starters are imo better than the final stages (especialy that Greninja scarf-tongue was a big design demote!)

Other NFE mons that I like their design better are: Shieldon (it's cute, Bastiodon is plain ugly), Carvanha (Piranha > Shark), Marrep, (how could they went that bad with a sheep pokemon), Teddiursa (KAWAI AF!!!), Bergmite (Avallug should look like reborn's PULSE) and ofc MAGIKARP (LOL NOPE :P )

Torchic is the freaking cutest starter of them all. And then it turns into Blaziken in the end.

Sneasel and Buizel. MARILL.

I also like Pidgeotto better than Pidgeot, but it'd feel a bit odd putting them with the others because I still love Pidgeot a lot anway.

braixen >:

delphox what happened to you

yas :'(

mine would be Haunter... WHY GENGAR WHYYYY:'(

also, I don't like the way Jellicent came out... A little bit thinner maybe? please? no? ok :'(

Lairon - Because Aggron looks ... strange to me.

Haunter - WAY more scary looking then Gengar.

Rhydon - Rhyperior is trash.

Chikorita - I wish the evolutions stayed more true to Chikoritas colors, because I feel that the yellow is out of place and doesn't fit.

Sneasel - Weavile looks like a poor attempt at an evolution of Sneasel.

Torchic - It's evolutions doesn't look like an evolution of Torchic. Too humanoid for my liking.

Surskit - Why the heck did they change it from water/bug to flying/bug?!?!

Roselia - Roserade just doesn't appeal to me as an evolution of Roselia.

Buneary - Lopunny is too humanoid.

Frillish - It's male evolution reminds me of Pringles.

Frogadier - Greninja is ugly.

Floette - Florges breaks the trend with its pre-evolutions.

Quilava ( i like typh but quilava <3)
Bunnelby ( why..?)

Braixen (again.. gamefreak why?)

Snivy ( i like serperior but servine, not so much)

Dewott ( I like it better than samurai otter or 1shell otter)

Combusken ( :| )

Wartortle ( I don't like how blastoise turned out)

Ivysaur ( I dont like the blobby pancake that is venusaur)

Sneasel ( I love weavile too but special love for sneasel)

Glameow (seriously, poor cat)

Chikorita (sry, no love for bayleef or meganium)

Erebu ( I like electabuzz more than electivire)

Buizel (floatzel just looks like a bigger buizel)

Makuhita ( I mean..)

Goomy ( I hate barney the dinosaur)

Amaura ( not that aurorus is bad but Amaura is <3 )

Shroomish ( special love for the mish )

Pichu ( because Raichu is not an option. But I like anything more than pikachu )

Cubone( marowak is cool but can't compare to cubone)

Dragonair ( because dragonite's face looks anything but threatening)

Chinchou ( I like lanturn but chinchou more)

Natu ( xatu is weird)

Cubchoo and Pancham over their evos

Lombre ( i dont like ludicolo)

Kirlia ( contrary to popular opinions, I'm not a super fan of gardevoir)

Piplup over its evos

Bidoof ( I mean... uh..)

Croagunk over toxicroak

Every elemental monkey over its evo

Krokorok (krookodile is cool but i like the color scheme and overall design of krokorok more)

Chespin (poor thing)

Litleo ( not a pyroar fan,the face is..ehh)

Skiddo over gogoat

• 2 weeks later...

Braixen: you know exactly why.

Haunter: The more traditional ghost with the disembodied hands beats a purple spot any day.

Magneton: It might just be three Magnemites but it sure as hell beats out the ufo looking wannabee clown. I know that red dot in the centre is an eye but I couldn't care less it looks like the thing has been making out with Ronald McDonald.

Pansear, Panpour and Pansage: I just don't like the design for the Simis they always seemed off to me.

Dragonair: what happened to you? You used to be graceful now you look more like an overweight Geko who is to stupid to understand how dangerous your cholesterol levels actually are.

Dusclops :I don't even know why it just is.

Although I like Diggersby, I kind of had this reaction when I first evolved my Bunnelby in Pokemon X.

I was like, "Oh boy, my Bunnelby's evolving! I wonder what it's gonna turn into... oh. Why did it turn into the Pokemon equivalent of Simon Lane?"