Team advice

Shirokiba

So, after having gotten further into the game, I made some changes to my team. I feel like Cacturne isn't as good as I initially thought it was but it at least helped me in two battles. I just do not know which grass type to use (I am still sad I can't get sludge bomb on my Roselia yet)

Blaziken (Female)

Nature: Brave (so wanting to change this)
Ability: Speed Boost
High Jump Kick
Brave Bird
Fire Punch
Shadow Claw
Gardevoir (Female)
Nature: Timid
Ability: Synchronize
Psychic
Charge Beam
Draining Kiss
Misty Terrain
Mamoswine (Male)
Nature: Naughty
Ability: Thick Fat
Earthquake
Ice Shard
Rock Smash
Ancient Power
Nidoking
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Sheer Force
Megahorn
Poison Jab
Earth Power
Double Kick
Magneton
Nature: Mild
Ability: Sturdy
Flash Cannon
Discharge
Lock-On
Thunder Wave
Cacturne (only really useful against the Pulse Abra and the giant steelix... has been relatively useless against other things, I am probably using it wrong)
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Water Absorb
Needle Arm
Revenge
Sucker Punch
Spikes

If you haven't gotten to the circus yet, there's still the opportunity to evolve your magneton into a magnezone from what I understand. You can also get an eeveelution if you wait for the proper weather conditions, which you may use for a leafeon or as any of the others. Another grass type you might find interesting is meganium, but a lot of people don't usually like her.

I could give more advice for the team, but I kinda need to know where you are currently in the game to recommend mons. One last thing based on your team composition, you might want to consider finding a decent water type versus a decent grass type. There appears to be a weakness to fire and ground, which water helps deal with better than grass. But that's up to you.

Since you're at Route 1, that means you can definitely do a lot of things. Nidoking is an absolute powerhouse, and you should have Sludge Wave at this point. It's a bit stronger than Poison Jab, even with Nidoking's attack stat. Just watch out in doubles. As for some other notable things: if you want to backtrack a bit(I.E all the way back to the underground railnet and later onyx ward)you can get yourself Moonblast on Gardevoir via the move relearner, as well as evolve Magneton into Magnezone if you go back to the Power Plant with Shade.

As for water types others have mentioned, if it's raining you can go to Coral Ward and find yourself a Lotad if you want to invest time into training it. It simultaneously solves your Water AND Grass type problem. Just make sure you don't evolve it into Lombre until it gets Giga Drain.

Since you're at Route 1, that means you can definitely do a lot of things. Nidoking is an absolute powerhouse, and you should have Sludge Wave at this point. It's a bit stronger than Poison Jab, even with Nidoking's attack stat. Just watch out in doubles. As for some other notable things: if you want to backtrack a bit(I.E all the way back to the underground railnet and later onyx ward)you can get yourself Moonblast on Gardevoir via the move relearner, as well as evolve Magneton into Magnezone if you go back to the Power Plant with Shade.

As for water types others have mentioned, if it's raining you can go to Coral Ward and find yourself a Lotad if you want to invest time into training it. It simultaneously solves your Water AND Grass type problem. Just make sure you don't evolve it into Lombre until it gets Giga Drain.

I agree with all these points. I've run a mixed attacker Nidoqueen before (slightly different moveset and stats than Nidoking, but the core remains the same) to great success. Sludge Wave will be MUCH stronger than Poison Jab (and if you pair him with Magneton in doubles fights, you'll hit both enemies at no cost to you).

You will definitely want to backtrack to the Move Relearner and give Gardevoir Moonblast, because it's probably her best STAB move and will give you a leg up on anything Dragon, Fighting, or Dark (and the last two have upcoming Gym Leaders in the current version).

DEFINITELY evolve Magneton into Magnezone if you're backtracking. The extra oomph of the higher level evolution is totally worth the time.

Lotad is a pretty good Pokemon, if you take the time to level him up. You can also acquire an Eevee and get a Vaporeon if that would be more your speed.

• Global Mods

DEFINITELY evolve Magneton into Magnezone if you're backtracking. The extra oomph of the higher level evolution is totally worth the time.

I can't second this enough. I didn't get my magneton or lampent evolved before going to agate, and while they were still useful, it really hurt not being able to evolve them till after finishing episode 15

I definitely plan to get Magneton evolved don't I need to get a certain key first? Lotad, eh? Never used him before, can't hurt to try. As for Vaporeon, it is one of my favorite evolutions for Eevee. Backtracking it is, then, at least to get the Lotad and Moonblast. I'll try that sludge wave thing for Nidoking.

Edited by Shirokiba

• Global Mods

To get Magnezone you need a key to get into a special room in shades gym, which you can get after doing Iolia valley and then going back to where you are given the ring and the pendant by saphira

You have two ground types in your squade.Choosing one will give you a free slot.You can add a Flying type(Yanmega (Bug too)) or a Dragon then.

If you want a water type then Ludicolo is the best option.Rhyperior or Golem or Seismitoad will also be helpful but I won't recommend as you already have a Ground type.

You can alternatively add Frostlass or the Walrein( will be available shortly) in the place of Mamo.

Cacturne is good for your team if you can teach it a good Grass move like Energy ball which it learns normally.Grass Knot should be available by now and Destiny Bond may also be suitable.

I already have life orb. Nidoking just feels like it's not doing a whole lot of damage, so I gave it to Mamoswine, whose been taking stuff down in 1-2 hits, unless I earthquake, then whatever it is, just drops.

My Nidoking has an Adamant Nature, so it's more physically inclined (I can fix that, if need be)

Edited by Shirokiba