Spork Episode 8: Smoothie + Delicia's Delicious Dreamland

Ice Cream Sand Witch

• Global Mods
16 minutes ago, Zudak30 said:

Okay I can't get my eevee to evolve into umbreon I've leveled it up at all hours of the night but it keeps going to espeon can someone please help me?

I just checked the PBS file and the evolution method for Umbreon seems to be correct (HappinessNight) so I'm not really sure why that's happening. IIRC nighttime would start at 8 PM. But if you send me your save file I'll change the Eevee into Umbreon for you. (the post above yours has instructions and a guide link for locating your save file if needed)

On 3/31/2019 at 5:08 PM, Zudak30 said:

Okay I can't get my eevee to evolve into umbreon I've leveled it up at all hours of the night but it keeps going to espeon can someone please help me?

I think you can get Umbreon by using a moon stone on Eevee.

i hope this is it, i don't really care about the shiny because it was going in my box anyway, but could you give my drifblim full health IVs and EVs. and if its not to much of a task could you give my breloom drain punch

Game.rxdata

also have you tried to make a randomized version of the game before? if so was it effective or ineffective.

Edited by Answerpls

• Global Mods
29 minutes ago, Answerpls said:

i hope this is it, i don't really care about the shiny because it was going in my box anyway, but could you give my drifblim full health IVs and EVs. and if its not to much of a task could you give my breloom drain punch

Game.rxdata

also have you tried to make a randomized version of the game before? if so was it effective or ineffective.

Gave Drifblim max HP EVs and IVs, and also gave a shiny Roserade that I put in the shiny PC box. 

For giving your Breloom Drain Punch, I didn't see a Breloom in your party or any of your boxes, and I looked at your Pokedex and it didn't have the Poke Ball for caught next to Breloom's entry. Did you have a Breloom that accidentally got released somehow, or did you mean for me to add one from scratch?

randomizer: someone asked if I was going to make one in December 2016 and linked a thread from Pokecommunity that had scripts for randomizer mode. At the time it was something I considered (but wasn't a strong consideration or priority, more of a mild interest/possibility). I looked through the thread and there were mostly people saying it works but also a few bug reports so I got nervous, and I later lost interest. 

Game.rxdata

• 2 weeks later...

Have started playing this again after seeing it updated from Ep7, and after changing into and back from 'Adventurer Cradily' I went from the normal 'nonbinary' player character to this... redhead, in a black/purple jacket with greenish brown pants? Who be this?
Is this a bug of some variation, or no? Because it's even changed my overworld AND in-battle sprite. They look cool, don't get me wrong but... this was most certainly not who I 'used to be'. Adventurer Cradily has co-opted some poor npc's sprites, I think...

• Global Mods
34 minutes ago, shinymissingno said:

Have started playing this again after seeing it updated from Ep7, and after changing into and back from 'Adventurer Cradily' I went from the normal 'nonbinary' player character to this... redhead, in a black/purple jacket with greenish brown pants? Who be this?
Is this a bug of some variation, or no? Because it's even changed my overworld AND in-battle sprite. They look cool, don't get me wrong but... this was most certainly not who I 'used to be'. Adventurer Cradily has co-opted some poor npc's sprites, I think...

From that description, it sounds like the male player character, Frank (attached overworld sprites). 

I know that with the Holiday Pokemon and the Pokemon Center Pokemon, you can have more than one control switch active at the same time. For example if you turn into Adventurer Cradily, and then speak to Dreamer Musharna to become them without switching back to human by asking Adventurer Cradily again, the game will think you're both Adventurer Cradily and Dreamer Musharna at the same time, because both control switches are active, so there can be overlap issues. But if I understood the issue here correctly, you're switching to the wrong human player. I tested myself with Adventurer Cradily just now and picking the non-binary option, and correctly became them, so that's strange. 

I'm not really sure why it's happening as I wasn't able to replicate it, but some possible solutions to change back are:

-If Spade is in the Pokemon Center, you could speak to them to change into them (if you've already done so once, Spade disappears, but if you haven't then you can speak to them)

-You could try changing back through one of the other Pokemon Center or Holiday Pokemon

if neither option works, I can try changing you back myself if you send me your save file. 

trchar000.png

Idk if this is a known issue, but when I entered bolaii beach, I think it spawned me part way through some plot, since I entered the bcc and Chelsea and some ranger or something were pinning portal agents in a room,, so I just kind of walked in, opened the gate, beat up some invisible people, beat up the boss and then went and got the badge, the main problem being that doing it how it happened means cherry doesn't appear to spawn so I cannot get return, I assume that's not normal because of the dialog they were giving me

• Global Mods
14 minutes ago, voltfire128 said:

Idk if this is a known issue, but when I entered bolaii beach, I think it spawned me part way through some plot, since I entered the bcc and Chelsea and some ranger or something were pinning portal agents in a room,, so I just kind of walked in, opened the gate, beat up some invisible people, beat up the boss and then went and got the badge, the main problem being that doing it how it happened means cherry doesn't appear to spawn so I cannot get return, I assume that's not normal because of the dialog they were giving me

From what you described, it sounds like you entered the BCC before you're supposed to be able to. Did you interact with the entrance of the BCC from the left or right as opposed to in front of the ranger? It hasn't been reported (and for future reference there's a bug reporting thread), but I'm aware of its existence if you entered from the side because I accidentally did it myself once. This is because of the tiles to the left and the right of the entrance being passable; if I set those tiles to nonpassable in the tileset than there'd also be a noticeable amount of the empty space/sand near the tiles not passable, because the actual part of the building for those tiles only takes up about half of the tile space:

image.png.e3f323c0ac87872c4485a084280b81ff.png

If you send me your save file I can set the Bolaii story variable back to 0 so that you can go through all of Bolaii that you missed. 

Instructions on how to locate your save file if needed: https://www.rebornevo.com/index.php?/pr/save/

this guide was made for Reborn but works for all RMXP/Essentials fangames. 

• Global Mods
42 minutes ago, ChrolloLucilferZ said:

can you max the IV's of all my pokemon in my team and give my Poipole jolly nature too

Game.rxdata 130.3 kB · 0 downloads

Done; I had to change your screen size because I don't know how to exit the game on full screen mode, but it should be easy enough to go back to full screen in the options menu.

Game.rxdata

• Global Mods

I have a three-in-one announcement post to make today. But before that: I'll be away in Washington DC + other places on the first week of May. During that time I won't be able to help anyone out with Pokemon requests or save file issues, but I'll be able to log in occasionally on mobile and will respond to any questions or feedback during that time to the best of my ability. The leaving day isn't decided yet; it's early in May but may not necessarily be on May 1st. 

1. Reuploaded DDDL and Spork (to mediafire; the Google Drive links will be updated when Steffi is able/has time) EDIT: Google Drive links now updated!

DDDL: added new ICSW sprites that Steffi made; these sprites fix the alignment/chipping issues where part of a different sprite in the sprite sheet would show up with each direction/animation

Spork: also added the new ICSW sprites, updated some Underwater Hotel convos, changed the thunderstorm weather effect in Raila Jungle and one of the Weather Wonderland areas to regular rain, Venipede line now have Speed Boost instead of Quick Feet as their third ability, fixed a typo during the last ranger sidequest where the dentist said hear instead of here 

The reason I changed the thunderstorm effects to regular rain is because of the lightning flashes during the thunderstorms which could be bad for people with epilepsy. I was watching a video yesterday where the uploader was at Raila Jungle, and the uploader advised viewers with epilepsy to skip the jungle part of the video so that they don't get seizures. 

I never liked the thunderstorm animations in Essentials; I think the lightning strikes happen too frequently and it makes it hard to see the map when there's suddenly 5 lightning flashes happening one after another. It can also cause games to lag. But I hadn't realized until hearing it mentioned in that video that it could be an epilepsy concern, so I felt bad and removed all thunderstorm weather from the maps because I don't want people with epilepsy to have seizures or other struggles when playing. I hope the thunderstorm weather didn't effect anyone, and I apologize if it did. 

For the Underwater Hotel convos: I added a little more dialogue to the Triston/Quinn conversation because I thought it was too short considering the situation. I also changed the Ceolis dialogue during the black screen as the player is leaving the hotel, since it didn't fit in with later events. Previously it sounded like Ceolis was waiting for the Champion to find him, which doesn't make sense as Ceolis was just hanging out and having fun on Disco; he wasn't expecting visitors until the Guardian and Pandora showed up and filled him in on current events. Updated dialogue: 

image.png.f5330ad9f6e4afce7c116e40f7beeb46.png

image.png.ca3ed63146508ba6494503830628396b.png

2. CEOLIS REVAMPS - OLIDROLL CITY

Enigma's map revamp project is currently at Olidroll City! I think all the maps that have been revamped so far look amazing, especially Olidroll and the surrounding areas (Classic Park, Opaque Valley)! Here are some screenshots of Olidroll's progress: 

image.png.cb0491c98ad71f16d0dcddabaa9796d8.png

image.png.0a8f1ec8b4c6d8cad7994f0a7ca59723.png

image.png.e2dc525b1cd6386bc8aa1eb28465cc80.png

and also one of Opaque Valley: 

image.png.f67fa7be014045bfe0469f1de3d04168.png

Olidroll and Opaque Valley are currently in progress and are almost complete. Addressing the thunderstorm concerns mentioned earlier, I mentioned them to Enigma yesterday and his idea for the revamps is using fog and sound effects along with normal rain to simulate the feel of a thunderstorm instead of the thunderstorm effect itself, which I think is a very good idea. 

3. DELICIA'S RETURN TO DREAMLAND

Delicia's Return to Dreamland will take place the year after the events of Spork. Like DDDL, it will be four chapters. Each chapter will take place during a different season, going from spring to winter. Seasonal events and holidays like Easter and Halloween being celebrated will be shown. 

In Delicia's Return to Dreamland, the idol group Smoothie will have subunits that are groups of 2, and each one will perform at a different season. I'm still working out details of the subunit and song names, but this is what I have so far:

Lemon + Lime: subunit name Sprite or Lymonade, song name pending, will perform in spring during Easter at the Forest of Feeling 

Orange + Strawberry: both subunit and song names pending, will perform in summer at Inoset Island 

Cherry + Blueberry: subunit name Wild Berry, song name Fruit Punch, will perform in October during Halloween at Wonky Woods

Grape and Frank/Sierran/Spade will not have a subunit; they'll sing with the whole group in winter, possibly at an event similar to the winter ball in Idolm@ster. 

The intro scene before the gameplay starts, players will choose whether Frank/Sierran/Spade was/is the Champion of Ceolis and 8th member of Smoothie, and your choice will be the one that appears. 

Delicia's Return to Dreamland will be the final game of the Spork trilogy, and every character from DDDL and Spork will appear. It isn't in development yet as I'm still brainstorming some parts such as the subunit and song names for Smoothie, and there isn't enough time before the May trip to start development, but I hope to work on it soon after that. 

Originally I was going to announce all this the day before I left, but since I don't know specifically what day that'll be and I also wanted to reupload asap with the removed thunderstorms after epilepsy concerns were brought up, I announced it today. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Global Mods

Update on the above: leaving for the trip is 5:00 AM tomorrow morning, which is in 7 and a half hours if I counted right. The trip is estimated to last for 10 days. 

I made a new save file and have been playing through Spork before leaving for the trip. I fixed some things that I found while I was playing. Mostly I did dialogue cleanup, but I also found an invisible NPC in the Contest Hall, the Terrakion quest being doable before the postgame because I forgot to set the control switch for the event tiles (it's now available after the Battle Frontier opens), and two inconsistencies in the Data Vault. 

If you go to Belinda and Belladonna's house after Crolea's birthday party, Belladonna mentions she's from Alola, but a Data Vault entry says she's from Kanto because I forgot about the Alola dialogue. I made the correct one Alola and changed that. Seamus's entry also mentioned that people "started traveling to a newly discovered region called Ceolis" which was inconsistent with the timeline since when Seamus first came to Ceolis, the region wasn't named yet. 

EDIT: also, the Delicia vs ICSW scene plays before it's supposed to at Coral, though it doesn't sequence break or prevent you from visiting the towers. 

edit2 reuploaded on mediafire

Also, I meant to mention this in the last announcement but forgot:  If I make any announcement posts for Delicia's Return to Dreamland development, they'll be posted in this thread, but when the game itself is released, it'll have its own thread since a thread having three games in the first post and the thread title might look crowded. 

As I said in the announcement I won't be able to help with save file issues or Pokemon requests while I'm away since I'll only have mobile access, but I'll do my best to answer any questions as soon as I can. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Global Mods

Am back now. I'm not ready to start development on Delicia's Return to Dreamland yet, but I did do some brainstorming. 

For announcements and development time: I decided to do one announcement (picture or set of pictures for a scene) per season. DDDL took around a month to make. I think Delicia's Return to Dreamland will take longer. One reason is that by the time I first announced DDDL and started development, I already had everything about it planned out. Whereas for Delicia's Return to Dreamland, I have most planned but am still thinking for some parts (mainly for the summer season). Delicia's Return to Dreamland will also likely have longer chapters than DDDL with more events since every character from Spork and DDDL will appear.

I now have all the subunit and song names decided except for the Orange/Strawberry subunit name. When I decide on one, I'll make another post with all the subunit and song names, along with the real names of all the Smoothie/fruit mascot members.

• Like 2

Great game i really enjoy this one the main story and and the characters are just perfect took me a long time to read all those explainations and the work you've done on the chara at the end but damn it was amazing !

• Upvote 1

• Global Mods

I'm happy you enjoyed the game and appreciate that you took the time to read all of the Data Vault! 

SMOOTHIE SUBUNIT + SONG + REAL NAMES

Lemon + Lime

subunit name Lymonade

song name Spring Sprites

Orange + Strawberry

subunit name Sugar Rush

song name Caramel Carousel 

Cherry + Blueberry

subunit name Wild Berry

song name Fruit Punch

real names:

Strawberry's is mentioned to be Hana in Spork, because Palletite used the idol Hana as a reference when making her sprite. Idol research for the others' names was done in April , before Delicia's Return to Dreamland was thought of. 

Lemon's name is Ami, after Horikawa Ami

Orange's name is Raina, after Oh Hye-rin (stage name Raina) from After School and the After School subunit Orange Caramel 

Cherry's real name is also Cherry, after Cherry from Happy Platinum

Lime's name is also Lime, after Lime 

Grape's name is Jiyoon, after Jeon Ji-Yoon from 4minute

Blueberry's name is Sakurako, after Tanio Sakurako from Himekyun Fruit Can (who Orange was originally going to be named after, but I learned that Himekyun Fruit Can also have a fruit theme like Smoothie, and Tanio Sakurako's fruit is blueberry)

Nosy Nosepass will interview the members of Smoothie in Delicia's Return to Dreamland where their real names will be mentioned, but aside from that they'll always be referred to as the fruit. Similarly, Frank/Sierran/Spade will be called Apple/Raspberry/Watermelon while performing with Smoothie for consistency. 

• Like 1

Hello!

After more than 30+ hours in game (counting my first playthrough that I accidentally screwed up my save), I felt obligated to make an account here just to thank you and everyone else involved in this game for your work.

My interest for Pokemon started to grow up again very recently, and this game has been able to provide me everything I wanted to experience, making me delay any acquisition of official games (specially because they are VERY expensive in my country).

I would like to give a more constructive feedback but, right now, I can't help but just go full fanboy on this. I don't even know if I found any glitches here, and if I did, they definitely did not stopped me for enjoying the game. Hell, even screwing up my save wasn't enough to make me stop playing.

Sorry for making this too long, but I really felt the necessity of showing my appreciation for this fangame. Thank you so much! (and sorry for any grammatical error btw, english is not my native language).

• Like 2

• Global Mods
55 minutes ago, CharaThe1st said:

Hello!

After more than 30+ hours in game (counting my first playthrough that I accidentally screwed up my save), I felt obligated to make an account here just to thank you and everyone else involved in this game for your work.

My interest for Pokemon started to grow up again very recently, and this game has been able to provide me everything I wanted to experience, making me delay any acquisition of official games (specially because they are VERY expensive in my country).

I would like to give a more constructive feedback but, right now, I can't help but just go full fanboy on this. I don't even know if I found any glitches here, and if I did, they definitely did not stopped me for enjoying the game. Hell, even screwing up my save wasn't enough to make me stop playing.

Sorry for making this too long, but I really felt the necessity of showing my appreciation for this fangame. Thank you so much! (and sorry for any grammatical error btw, english is not my native language).

Reading this made me happy, especially the parts about the game being everything you wanted to experience and how you still played even after the save file issues. Im glad you enjoyed Spork! 

• Like 2

Hello I have ran into an issue. I cannot talk to the holiday Slowking. However, the weirder thing is that its text still appears, yet, it i cannot interact with it. I will show a screenshot of my situation in this message. Also I want to say good job on the game. I honestly enjoyed the main story and am enjoying the post game activities. 

help.PNG

• Global Mods
4 hours ago, Dj2 said:

Hello I have ran into an issue. I cannot talk to the holiday Slowking. However, the weirder thing is that its text still appears, yet, it i cannot interact with it. I will show a screenshot of my situation in this message. Also I want to say good job on the game. I honestly enjoyed the main story and am enjoying the post game activities. 

help.PNG

I'm glad you enjoyed Spork! The Christmas Slowking issue is known and is listed in the bug reporting thread; at this time I'm unsure why it happens or how to fix it.