Spork Episode 8: Smoothie + Delicia's Delicious Dreamland

Ice Cream Sand Witch

• Global Mods
11 minutes ago, mar_mar said:

Um, I have a question. I'm trying to catch all the legendaries but I have a problem with the Necrozma/Giratina/Virizion quest. I have everything that is needed in order to proceed with the quests but when I interact with the mirror, nothing happens. Is there something else that needs to be done, aside getting the fragments?

I forgot to mention this in the notepad file, but after getting all the Universe Fragments, you need to speak to the scientist in the research institute and he'll merge them together. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I forgot to mention this in the notepad file, but after getting all the Universe Fragments, you need to speak to the scientist in the research institute and he'll merge them together. 

Oh thank you icsw ❤️

This is probably going to be a weird issue that I'm having - since I'm most likely the only person to ever go through the effort to use it. But at the beginning of the game in the hotel room, there's the item storage computer. I actually went back a few times to drop off items I had gotten that i didn't have any use for at the time in that storage system. Anyways, the issue is that at some point a spirte just up and appears and in front of the computer and now i can't access any of the things I put into it. 

image.thumb.png.9b659089a56d0b710f844c4e0bdd5901.png

• Global Mods
29 minutes ago, catbutter said:

This is probably going to be a weird issue that I'm having - since I'm most likely the only person to ever go through the effort to use it. But at the beginning of the game in the hotel room, there's the item storage computer. I actually went back a few times to drop off items I had gotten that i didn't have any use for at the time in that storage system. Anyways, the issue is that at some point a spirte just up and appears and in front of the computer and now i can't access any of the things I put into it. 

image.thumb.png.9b659089a56d0b710f844c4e0bdd5901.png

Emily's sprite reappearing there is definitely weird. I checked the event pages to make sure I didn't mess anything up, and as far as I can tell everything is evented properly. Emily is set to leave the room after the battle at the beginning of the game, and there aren't any extra event pages after that where she reappears. There doesn't seem to be anything unusual with the PC's event page either. 

I don't use the item storage myself because the only time I remember it exists is at the beginning of Pokemon games where I take out the free Potion, and I've never had something like this happen. I tried replicating it by depositing a bunch of items there, leaving the room and re-entering between each one, but she didn't appear. 

I don't know why Emily reappeared randomly, but I think for the next reupload I'll move her somewhere else so she doesn't block anything that players can use or interact with, just in case this might happen with other players too.

If there's something you need to get out of there, I can do that if you send me your save file and let me know which item(s) you need. In RPG Maker I can press control to walk through NPCs and objects, so I'd be able to get to the PC.

Thanks for your offer, there's nothing in there that i absolutely need. It's just a mild inconvenience. 

I'm actually not sure when the sprite appeared. It must have been (maybe) after the 5th gym? I can't say for sure because I didn't go back very often. 

Thanks for checking it out though.

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, BlooKazoo_ said:

I might sound stupid but.... How do i launch the game? ive downloaded it and tried all the options i could think of, im really confused.

After downloading, you need to extract the folder. In the extracted folder is a program called "Game" with an orange icon next to it. Double clicking the Game program will start the game.

• Global Mods
Just now, Kiliokoala said:

Really really dumb question, I’m at the bug type gym now and still have no idea how to mega-evolve my pokes. Help pls?

You need the Mega Ring in order to use mega evolution, which is obtained between the 15th and 16th gyms.

I wanted to play with my favorite Mimikyu, but when I went into battle and Mimikyu took damage I was confused.  It was only after getting into another battle and still take damage on the first turn that I realized that Mimikyu's Disguise ability is broken.

• Global Mods
5 minutes ago, Shadowslash said:

I wanted to play with my favorite Mimikyu, but when I went into battle and Mimikyu took damage I was confused.  It was only after getting into another battle and still take damage on the first turn that I realized that Mimikyu's Disguise ability is broken.

The notepad file gen7movesandabilities has the list of Gen 7 moves and abilities that I was able to add to the game (this file was also mentioned at the end of the intro scene). Disguise isn't one that I knew how to do or was able to find a script for. 

On 8/7/2018 at 2:05 AM, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

The notepad file gen7movesandabilities has the list of abilities that I was able to add to the game (this file was also mentioned at the end of the intro scene). 

I checked and Disguise is not on the list even though its exclusive to Mimikyu.

• Global Mods
Just now, Shadowslash said:

I checked and Disguise is not on the list even though its exclusive to Mimikyu.

It's not on the list because I wasn't able to find a script for it or figure out how to do it. The list is the ones that I was able to add. 

• Global Mods
24 minutes ago, Shadowslash said:

So even though Mimikyu was add to the game, its ability isn't scripted yet thus I have a powerhouse without a first turn shield for easy setup.

All Pokemon are in the game, but some Gen 7 moves and abilities I wasn't able to add. I made the notepad file and referenced it in the intro scene so that people would know. When I was adding in Gen 7 stuff during ep 3 development, I mentioned I wouldn't be able to do all of them due to zero coding experience/knowledge but would do my best to add as many as I can. 

I don't know if I'm reading too much into your tone, but your post sounds kind of angry (or at least frustrated) and it makes me uncomfortable. As I mentioned, I don't know anything about coding. All the Gen 7 scripts in Spork I was either able to find online or involved effects Essentials already has. I did my best but I was never going to be able to add all of them. I have a condition where my body and mind literally stopped developing around 12. So I'm just a kid that decided to make a fangame for fun. I'm not an expert programmer or anything like that, so please don't be angry at me. 

I'm sorry about that, I was just mad that after waiting multiple hours for it to finish downloading so that I can play with Mimikyu only to not check the notepad for gen 7 moves and abilities.  Is there a way to get the script off of Reborn files and add it to the game?  

Edited by Shadowslash

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, Shadowslash said:

I'm sorry about that, I was just mad that after waiting multiple hours for it to finish downloading so that I can play with Mimikyu only to not check the notepad for gen 7 moves and abilities.  Is there a way to get the script off of Reborn files and add it to the game?  

Reborn and Spork use different versions of Essentials, so not all of the scripts are compatible. Ame once tried to help me with something related to hidden abilities and Ame had never heard of some of the sections I had, and one of the sections Ame mentioned  didn't exist at all in mine. 

15 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Reborn and Spork use different versions of Essentials, so not all of the scripts are compatible. Ame once tried to help me with something related to hidden abilities and Ame had never heard of some of the sections I had, and one of the sections Ame mentioned  didn't exist at all in mine. 

Speaking of which, what version of Essentials do you use?

Oh yeah, you got a good point there. I wouldn't even know how to program a script for mimikyu to switch between images while taking account for health reduction, Multi-hit moves, status damage not effecting the ability and moves that bypasses the ability as well.  I'm gonna put Mimikyu to the side and possibly use Riolu for Lucario.

I just had a short heart attack after I won the battle when Riolu evolved.  Do they start with max happiness?  #KratosTheLucario

Quick update: I'm EV training Lucario right now for max attack.  Is the Macho Brace in the first town, or is it later in the game?

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, Zargerth said:

Speaking of which, what version of Essentials do you use?

I use v16.2. 

1 hour ago, Shadowslash said:

Oh yeah, you got a good point there. I wouldn't even know how to program a script for mimikyu to switch between images while taking account for health reduction, Multi-hit moves, status damage not effecting the ability and moves that bypasses the ability as well.  I'm gonna put Mimikyu to the side and possibly use Riolu for Lucario.

I just had a short heart attack after I won the battle when Riolu evolved.  Do they start with max happiness?  #KratosTheLucario

Quick update: I'm EV training Lucario right now for max attack.  Is the Macho Brace in the first town, or is it later in the game?

All Pokemon have max happiness by default, yeah. (this is mentioned in the first post under Features)

The Macho Brace and other EV training items can be bought at the Battle Mall, which is visited on the way to the 8th gym.

• Like 1

Well, I already got my first 2 badges by soloing with overleveled Lucario and was able to grind some cash by using the Bunneary hole and pickup every item, exit the hole, and re-enter to reset and grab the items until I had enough for shadow claw in the game corner.  The items include: evolutionary stones, escape rope, and a couple of berries.  #KratosTooOP

Edited by Shadowslash