What megas do you expect in Pokemon Sun & Moon?

Durken

So here we are in final stand to Pokemon Sun & Moon and before we get drowned in spoilers and leaks I will like to stop for a second and think:

What megas will Pokemon Sun & Moon bring?

Let us think for a few momments in all that bad Pokemons that never had a chance, yes, I'm looking at you Tropius and you are not so far away Cacturne.

Just post what kind if mega you would like to see, maybe how it will repercute in the competitive scene or just go crazy and try to predict the next awesome mega we will have.

Let the megas come!

I will be so pleased if Nintendo gives us a Mega Butterfree like they did with Mega Beedrill.

A huge and badass butterfly that set ups dancing like a dumb insect and then procede to destroy humanity with its powerful stab Hurricane. Just give us the early bug Pokemons lovers something to go full fan about, Nintendo.

Also maybe 2nd gen starters would be aweosme, Mega Feraligatr with Sheer Force or something even better!

All this hype is going to give me headache

Edited by Durken

I'm looking forward for a mega for all the evolutions that were added in gen 4. Mega Magmortar, Electivire, Rhyperior, Roserade, Gliscor, Dusknoir, Magnezone, Weavile.a, Tangrowth..

Edited by Lugruf

All starters should get a mega, looking at you meganium and why not wobbuffet?

Horable mentions: milotic, flygon, weezing, dragonite, blissey, arcanine....couldn't think of others.

Edited by LeMarkyNoob

Honestly, I want this whole mega evolution thingy to take a break. I understand that it is a fun and interesting aspect of the games now, but I feel that it might become too much as well.

Okay, if I had to pick some, it would had to be Hypno and Raichu.

Hypno because it is so overshadowed by other psychic types, with or without megas. It's a shame, really, because Hypno is my favorite psychic type.

Raichu because it needs something that Pikachu can't have. The fact that this monster is overshadowed by its pre-evolution is just pathetic.

Hopefully Flygon gets a mega, because really, it deserves one.

Yx3yrpi.png

Though what's more likely that Exeguttor gets a Mega, since it really fits the tropical theme:

6jwFhNa.jpg

That Mega Exeguttor is nightmare fuel dude.

Hope you are right with the tropical theme prediction, it would be nice to have hawaiian related megas

I'm interested in a quite a few.

What if Venusaur, Blastoise, Alakazam, Gengar, Kangaskhan, Pinsir, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Ampharos, Scizor, Heracross, Houndoom, Tyranitar, Blaziken, Gardevoir, Mawile, Aggron, Medicham, Manectric, Banette, Absol, Garchomp, Lucario, Abomasnow, Beedrill, Pidgeot, Slowbro, Steelix, Sceptile, Swampert, Sableye, Sharpedo, Camerupt, Altaria, Glalie, Salamence, Metagross, Latias, Latios, Rayquaze, Lopunny, Gallade, Audino, and Diancie all got mega evolutions? How awesome would that be?

What if they even one-upped that and gave certain pokemon like Charizard and Mewtwo...not one, but TWO mega evolutions?

Other than hoping that Flygon gets a Mega, I'm honestly hoping Jynx and Sunflora get one. Maybe Nintendo might go back to doing what Sinnoh did with evolutions and finally give Jynx a proper final evolution instead of a Mega, but if not, then a Mega would have to do.

As for Sunflora, I'm hoping it gets a Mega because I think sunflowers also fit in with the tropical theme. They might or might not work, but I'd love to see a Grass/Fire Mega Sunflora sometime soon.

Mega flygon, mega solrock/lunatone, mega ninetales, mega slowking (don't make it as stupid or annoying as slowbro's pls) and mega meganium.

That's all I'd seriously like from this gen. In fact, that's all I seriously think we need; give everythibg else an evolution instead of a mega, pls.

I'm expecting any of the remaining parallels to get theirs', such as Butterfree. Also, pretty much guaranteed that any Pokemon related to the sun or moon are gonna get SOMETHING this time around... still hoping for my Mega Electivire.

i think these are good candidates arcanine,exeggutor,slowking,ludicolo,solrock,lunatone,kingdra,wailord,bellossom,kingler.did not include starters since its possible that a trio of starters will get megas(gen2 possible) and legendaries since it is 100% sure some legendaries will get megas(place my bet on the kanto birds)

i would really like to see a mega venomoth

they could give him a mega beedrill treatment and lower the useless offensive stat in venomoth's case that means attack

like if they shave venomoth's 65 base attack to 15 that would allow say 40 more in defense to make it base 100 and then 15 in special defense to make it base 90 and then throwing 60 in speed would allow it to have 150 base speed and the remaining 35 into special attack so venomoth could have base 125 special attack

that spread would allow venomoth a chance to outspeed anything that normaly could one shot it and give it a chance to either set up some boosts or do some damage also keeping tinted lens would be fantastic for venomoth as he would be able to hit stuff that resists him fairly well

You guys should know there is a thread for fan-made mega evolutions from which you can get some ideas.

That said, I probably should divide my answer into two branches: The fan-favorites likely to happen, and what I personally deem logical and would like to see.

Fan-Favorites:

• Mega Flygon -- This one is pretty much a given. With so many people asking for it, I will be surprized if it doesn't get a mega (bet on Tinted Lens)
  • Mega Milotic -- Gyarados needs a counterpart on the special side. Naturally Milotic could always fit the part. The only issue is not to make it broken
  • Mega Gen2 starters -- Another thing certain. I expect Fire/Ground , Water/Dragon , Grass/Fairy.
  • Mega Froslass -- The only other branched evolution's opposite gender counterpart received theirs at the next game release (not shadow tag plz)
  • Mega Dragonite -- Other pseudo legends got their megas, and D-nite is much derpier and memorable than the other dragons.

My personal picks:

• Mega Raticate -- I want it to be Normal/Dark and it's also quite possible since Pidgeot and Beedrill got one. It will also be at the top percentage.
  • Mega Kingler -- What about a Water/Steel king crab pokemon? No? Only me? Ok. I still want it tho...
  • Mega Toxicroak -- Its distant cousins received one, and it's such a cool design with good complementary movepool doomed to mediorcre .
  • Mega Gogoat -- Absolutely loved the goat's design, yet not impressed by the stats. Hidden potential, hidden power, work on it gamefreak.
  • Mega Krookodile -- Ground really needs a fast mega that can apply some offensive pressure without being too much of a gimmick. Cool too.