What megas do you expect in Pokemon Sun & Moon?

Durken

You guys should know there is a thread for fan-made mega evolutions from which you can get some ideas.

That said, I probably should divide my answer into two branches: The fan-favorites likely to happen, and what I personally deem logical and would like to see.

Fan-Favorites:

• Mega Flygon -- This one is pretty much a given. With so many people asking for it, I will be surprized if it doesn't get a mega (bet on Tinted Lens)
  • Mega Milotic -- Gyarados needs a counterpart on the special side. Naturally Milotic could always fit the part. The only issue is not to make it broken
  • Mega Gen2 starters -- Another thing certain. I expect Fire/Ground , Water/Dragon , Grass/Fairy.
  • Mega Froslass -- The only other branched evolution's opposite gender counterpart received theirs at the next game release (not shadow tag plz)
  • Mega Dragonite -- Other pseudo legends got their megas, and D-nite is much derpier and memorable than the other dragons.

My personal picks:

• Mega Raticate -- I want it to be Normal/Dark and it's also quite possible since Pidgeot and Beedrill got one. It will also be at the top percentage.
  • Mega Kingler -- What about a Water/Steel king crab pokemon? No? Only me? Ok. I still want it tho...
  • Mega Toxicroak -- Its distant cousins received one, and it's such a cool design with good complementary movepool doomed to mediorcre .
  • Mega Gogoat -- Absolutely loved the goat's design, yet not impressed by the stats. Hidden potential, hidden power, work on it gamefreak.
  • Mega Krookodile -- Ground really needs a fast mega that can apply some offensive pressure without being too much of a gimmick. Cool too.

I want all of these.

Mega Macargo. Like, it's a boulder that rolls around, but if you touch it, you're probably going to have to put ice on that. Also, it can explain in the dex entry which gen it was made in, because nobody really knows. Is it gen 2 or 3? I've never seen it in gen 2. It's like Skarmory.

Stats? Maybe a major buff to defense and a minor buff to attack.

New Ability? Obviously, the famous ability Solid Rock, because it's a rock. wow, my creativeness scares even me.

Also, it could have a sign on it that says "remember me? I was in Pokemon Ruby!"

Meganium - Currently, this Pokemon is considered to be the worst Grass starter for a weak move pool and ability. Here's to hoping that Sun and Moon give it some nifty new moves, and a Mega Evolution can grant it a much better ability. Maybe Filter to compliment its defensive nature.

Typhlosion - I think this one's more clear cut. Raw stats will definitely boost Typhlosion's status. Its coverage with physical moves is much better than special, so I'd hope they focus on Attack instead of Special Attack. That or boost speed and defenses while adding the Huge Power/Pure Power abiltiy.

Feraligatr - More stats is already great for Feraligatr. Something really nifty might be a Water-Type version of Refrigerate/Pixilate. Swapping Aqua Tail for a perfect accuracy Stab Return, or Thrash if you want to be reckless, can be devastating.

Ledian - My favorite Pokemon who's unfortunately pitiful in many ways. I'd love to see a Bug/Fairy typing to match Ledian's starlight focused Pokedex entries. Focus on Attack and Speed boosts (while possibly swapping Ledian's Attack and Special Attack from the get-go) and Huge Power/Pure Power to allow it to use all those fantastic punching moves.

Exeggutor - The palm tree theme fits well. Exeggutor has a bunch of weaknesses and abysmal speed. Maybe a new ability that negates one of its weaknesses could really help. A Bug-Type version of Sap Sipper and other like moves could be really nice to cover the 4-times weakness. Call it Pollinator.

Sunflora - This Grass-Type needs some TLC. Giving it a Grass/Fire typing and maybe throwing on some Fire-Type moves like Flamethrower and access to Flash Fire would eliminate a weakness and give Sunflora more flexibility.

Girafarig - People suggest Psychic/Dark, but I think maintaining the unique Normal/Psychic is fine. Added Speed and defensives along with an ability that gives it bonus Attack from its Special Attack and bonus Special Attack from its Attack can help it be the mixed attacker it wants to be.

Magcargo - Volcano theme to fit with the region. Boosted defenses and Special Attack along with an ability that allows Magcargo to take reduced damage from Pokemon that attack before it. This will really help its tankiness, as its low HP can't be fixed with a mega evolution.

Corsola - Like Magcargo, could also really benefit in bulk for the ability that reduces damage from attackers that move before Corsola. Also fits with the tropical theme.

Masquerain - Bring it back to a Bug/Water Type from Surskit. Prankster would be fantastic to pair that with things like Sticky Web and Quiver Dance.

Edited by ty_taurus