Card Games on Reborn!

Eternal Edge

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say that the easiest way to decide on what cards should be legal is to choose a video game and legalize all the cards that are in it, for example, 7 Trials to Glory: World Championship 2005 is (I think) the last video game before GX came out.

...That is a valid point. I like this idea and I fully support it.

Edit:...except we still run into the issue of stuff like Cyber Harpie not being in this one while it is in previous games: IE, The Sacred Cards. Thing about WC is that it also uses the released cards at the time. I feel like it almost needs to be a mix of if it was in the game and/or released as a card, if anything...

If I can relearn everything, then count me in.

Now while we're on the subject of card games. What about teh Pokemanz TCG? Is there a way we can actually have a tournament for this if we are interested?

ALRIGHT. Final decisions have been made.

Any card that was used in the show in the first series (That being Duelist Kingdom through The Ceremonial Battle) is allowed. Please provide the episode details if you are using such a card. All game promos released within this storyline are allowed, including Nightmare Troubadour. Side-Packs are allowed as long as you give proof of their release.

The banlist will actually be the April 2006 one, which you can view here: http://yugioh.wikia....pril_2006_Lists

When you make your decklist please follow the following format in order to make checking them easier.

Main Deck:

Monsters:

Blue-Eyes White Dragon (Legend of Blue Eyes White Dragon - 2002)

etcetce

Spells:

Graceful Charity (Starter Deck: Pegasus - 2003)

Traps:

Mirror Force (Dark Beginning 2 - 2005)

Extra Deck:

Monsters:

Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon (Episode 098)

So on and so forth, I think you get the idea. Inuki will be checking decks to make sure they are legal since he will not be actually participating, that way I don't have an advantage by knowing each of your decks =P

Next off I'll explain how we'll dodge the banlist on Dueling Network. Because the banlist is different now than it was then (insert You Don't Say here) we'll have to proxy cards. This will have to be included at the end of your deck list, and once your opponent has been selected you will have to inform them of the cards that are being proxied BEFORE the match starts. If find out anything like this hasn't happened there will be reprecautions. Protip on this. Save and screenshot any logs if you supect your opponent may try to use this against you. So, as to actually proxying. Say you wanted to run Solemn Judgement at 2 or 3 copies of the card but it is currently set at one. Instead Use a card later released to act as that card in your deck. In my deck I'll be using Solemn Warning because it was released after, has a similar name and is also a trap card.

I believe that is everything I need to cover, feel free to PM me any questions or post them here on the forums.

The enterants so far seem to be as follows:

SevenDeadlySins

A Pink Cheetah

Ikaru

Amethyst

Phoenix

Poetic

DaZzA

RynerTheGrand

Batl Skard (maybe?)

Bullet

Kaito

Neo (maybe?)

Eternal Edge

Mikey57

[sU]The Rock

Please get your decklists together as soon as possible so we can move on to the actual dueling! =D

EDIT: I had the question of if the God cards are legal. The answer is no. While they were featured in the anime AND they were printed at the time, they were illegal prints, the backs were different. I understand there are legal prints now, but because they were illegal at the time, they are still illegal.

• Administrators

I'm not sure I understand how the proxying works. Even if you have Solemn Warning and tell your opponent that it's Solemn Judgment, won't the system still process it as Solemn Warning...?

Yes, the card in the deck represents the card you can't put in the deck. While the system processes it as Solemn Warning, the card is Solemn Judgement in play between you and your opponent. For the exact effects of a card you can reference the Yu-Gi-Oh! Wikia.

Just to clear things up incase some people don't know, even if Dueling Network sees the said card as Solemn Warning, it will not effect the game since all action are done by the players, nothing is done automatically by Dueling Network itself so as long as both players know about it and agree to it, it will work ok.

Registration for the tournament ends on March 28th. This means if you want to be in the tournament your deck needs to have been sent to Inuki by the end of the day, 11:59 PM EDT (east coast USA).

The matches will be best of 3, so make sure you list your side deck if you use one.