Pokemon XY and XY&Z. Did the Pokemon Anime get better?

It seems ash finally understands greninja's transformation as they made the giant water shuriken instantly when it transformed. Good job. Now he will spam it forever

It's more like Ash decided "WE NID TO DO DIS TOGETHA" and then the shuriken magically happens because they suddenly are on the same length or someshet

But yeah, he's definitely gonna spam it. Vs wulfric, vs team Flehhhhhhd, in the league (I bet he's even gonna fight Alain again just for them to show Ashfrog can rek everything)

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really but enough to understand the gist of it .. and yeah, it depends on your standards and how you take it. But I don't see how any of that classifies as anything special enough to get the title of "best episode ever" Personally, I could name at least 5 other more special or emotional eps I've seen from the entirety of the anime.. But there are a lot of ashfrog fanbois and fangrills out there, they tend to exaggerate hardcore. I'd personally be more excited about the upcoming gym rematch lol at wulfric's 3rd 'mon

You really don't like the Greninja arc for some reason, why is that?

I guess I'll have to wait a month to find out whether the Gym battle can top episodes such as A Showcase Debut or Elle Vs Serena, which so far have been my all time favorite Pokemon episodes.

Edited by Tartar

You really don't like the Greninja arc for some reason, why is that?

I guess I'll have to wait a month to find out whether the Gym battle can top episodes such as A Showcase Debut or Elle Vs Serena, which so far have been my all time favorite Pokemon episodes.

Because it's ALL about it. I grow to get annoyed and dislike when something is too centric around only a single char/pokemon... I'll give them credit for improved execution of scenes and overall anime stuff but not for the content of the arc..

It's only gonna be worse (yet funny) when Ash is done with Kalos and ditches all his pokemon at Oak's again , including this asspulled ashfrog that he spent so much time spamming only to ditch it when he goes for Alola

I'm loving these speculations/debates!!! Ash-Greninja was KINDA out of nowhere, but I see what they're trying to do. They made him lose twice in a row (Shota and Wulfric) and now we have the new episode where he

goes all regret mode or something and then Greninja finds him and they bond to save a spewa which is kinda cool. It shows that they really connected with each other to perform a task and is one step closer to perfecting this form.

Okay, so according to the Preview it's gonna be a rematch with Wulfric. Pikachu vs Bergmite, really? Talonflame vs Avalugg, and Greninja -> Ash-Greninja vs Abomasnow -> Mega Abomasnow. This is gonna be an interesting gym battle AND Ash Greninja is in its final form!!! Hype? I think yes.

Yea at this point I think it's going to be Goodra because there's no time for Ash to catch a random new 6th and bond enough with it/train enough with it like usually happens with all his pokemanz.. and I don't see him getting anything from Oak for this league but who knows

There is something I heard about the upcoming ep..or eps and about pikachu. I'm far more interested to see how that rumor plays out if it's true than seeing yet another ashfrog fight (ofc that will be there too)

P.S. some new ep titles have been announced and apparently we're seeing a megazard showdown. I'm going to hope Alain loses that one because then at least zard x would have lost to something worthy like a zard y instead of the inevitable ashfrog... The other title says mega sceptile vs raichu.. is ash finally evolving his pikachu???? no? ok :(That's a weird matchup but hey.. at least it means we get to see another cool raichu in action

Another edit: In light of the newest announced titles , the "preview info" provided here makes it seem incredibly lame, also

apparently Goodra is not returning (yet, it might just return when Ash needs a 6th for the league but not yet

for anyone interested to view dem preview spoilers

Like... wow I never would have guessed that it'd play out this way.. totally not :ph34r: ... :[keepitclean]:

Edited by Masquerain

So you expect Alan, the guy who shreked an elite four member after fighting 9 other trainers in a row without healing, all with just one Pokemon, to lose to Trevor. Seems legit.

I don't expect that, no. Especially since it's the very first match of the league. I'm saying I hope zard x falls (as it inevitably will) to something worthy like another megazard or even megasceptile, but not the bsfrog :mellow: it's my own personal hopes that I don't have to see megazard x get rekt by the frog.. It's alrdy bad enough that it's going to sweep the league up to top 16

So whose zard y is it? im hoping its ash's even tho its not even close to becoming possible.

That episode where its mega scep vs raichu, I don't think its ash evolving Pikachu, maybe someone else then? but on to the 6v6.

We all know its ash vs trevor. But the thing is Ash SHOULD not lose to trevour. trevour JUST started his journey. which is so bs if he wins cuz ash has been to 5 regions. ash should deserve at least one victory in these leagues. (like come on, trevour thought sending out bagon against a fairy was a good idea, even ash knew that was wrong)

So whose zard y is it? im hoping its ash's even tho its not even close to becoming possible.

That episode where its mega scep vs raichu, I don't think its ash evolving Pikachu, maybe someone else then? but on to the 6v6.

We all know its ash vs trevor. But the thing is Ash SHOULD not lose to trevour. trevour JUST started his journey. which is so bs if he wins cuz ash has been to 5 regions. ash should deserve at least one victory in these leagues. (like come on, trevour thought sending out bagon against a fairy was a good idea, even ash knew that was wrong)

The megazard Y is Trevor's. Trevor isn't even going to GET to fight Ash. Neither is Tierno, because the Raichu is his. For his first round Ash is either gonna fight that guy with the mega Garchomp or the chick with the mega Absol.

This isn't speculation, it's all right there in the magazine.

Yeah the zard Y is trevor's and as already stated, neither him nor tierno are gonna survive long since their matches are 1st and 2nd in the league... And it's more or less confirmed Ash will sweep the league till the top 16 with his frog and then he'll realize he still has 5 pokemon . That's probably when goodra will make a return as opposed to the currently announced goodra ep (that or an old mon is coming back)

As for Ash winning leagues, ...well... eh. The unova league was so bad it's not even funny ... remember cameron had only 5 when he beat ash and ash's team was garbage.... But if that dood had only 5 pokemon, then it should be allowed anyway?...

yeah the xyz series showed a massive improvement.i think ash could manage to reach the semifinals like sinnoh or even the final but i dont see him winning the league.i really hoper the writers don screw him up like in unova.there he was like a complete amator and the whole unova season was totally retarded.comparing the match ash had with paul and tobias at sinnoh with the one he had against cameron was like night and day.hopefully in xyz series he did improve a lot.

i think in the league he will also use previous pokemon(because he did not catch a lot this season).

if he uses his old pokemon i can predict some he may use:Staraptor,Sceptile,Snorlax,Heracross(these are league favorites that he used a lot,plus snorlax neve failed him,took at least one before going down)also would like a Charizard,Infernape or Gliscor return.also would like a return of krookodile since it was the most powerful unova pokemon and one of the only unova pokemon that had personality

So the gym rematch battle was.... uh.

Yeah, let's make Wulfric suddenly an idiot that will not utilize his obamasnow's snow warning to give his table the ice body effect. Let us also again take that said table which solo'd 3 of ash's pokemon including his frog last time, put it up against a firebird and have it get 3shot by flame charge and steel wing while Ash's glass cannons survive stone edges and powered up avalanches. I mean, yeah, why not? Sounds convenient that glass cannons last as much, if not more than a freaking physical wall. And then the newly awoken "perfect" ashfrog doesn't even break a sweat against mega obamasnow while pulling a bunch of anime-invented gimmicks and that's about it . At least mega obama was cool while battling

Edited by Masquerain

At this point I think the anime is purposely doing this. they make it challenging, and it makes sense with the pokemon setup strategy, but then when the rematch comes its like wtf that doesn't make. they kinda rush these battles now. why cant they do it like b4, I know that their were some gym rematches that ash had were two part episodes. aside from this the episode made no sense, halfway through battle when ash used talonflame against avalugg, why did it go down so quickly. even without its ice body, in the previous match they put its huge defense to work, but here it was nothing really?!, then with abamasnow, greninja had less difficulty with this then avalugg and it got hit with wood hammer. then ash greninja comes in against mega abamasnow and it easily defeated it. this frog thing is cool and all, but ash learns nothing if its used all the time. personally I think their trying to end this as quickly as possible cuz its an entirely new team of writers for the new series and they want to get it started.

• 3 weeks later...

inb4 ashe wins kalos league, Serena tells ashe her feelings for him and then the sun and moon anime star Ashe and Serena's kid who they give a pikachu because why not right?

it is that or Ashe loses in the finals because charizard x too op and nothing happens with Serena and she gets Mistied by the writers

Of course, but the pokemon anime is never changing so wellp.

2 new titles have been released for the upcoming episodes- apparently Ash is going to fight Sawyer and mega-sceptile in the semi-final? When would that be? I mean, are they just gonna fast forward to the semi-final ep?

Yep, this is the most rushed league in Pokemon history. We have an episode about Alan vs Trevor in the preliminaries, and the next episode goes straight to top 8 with Shota vs Tierno. Ash's preliminary, top 16, and top 8 battles are gonna be either shown in short flashbacks or completley off screen.

I guess that settles once and for all that 6th gen Ash is strongest Ash, because he did what most Ashes couldn't manage to do at all, without even taking up a single episode. And with only 5 Pokemon and without bringing any old mon's back. He'll also be the first Ash to ever make it to the finals because I seriously doubt they'll NOT have him fight Alan.

It's actually already been confirmed that Ash is winning against Sawyer and facing Alain in the finals... some bunch of summaries of the upcoming eps say so anyway. So you can assume that somewhere during this rush, Ash will have his 6th pokemon, and face Sawyer with a full team.

The summary also claims "Ash and Alain have battled before, but so far Alain has always won" ...that kinda hints that Ash will finally win- if so, will he finally win a league? Who knows, but this order of events is really..bad.. Say Alain wins the league, then they find out he actually helps team Flehhhhhd and then you have a weird bunch of events.. idk, just sounds bad to me...it also sounds bad that the league is going on and the evil team are going about their business somewhere else randomly .. maybe they'll interrupt the league? ..nah , they'll just rush it and have a bad order of events

really quick episode or more likely the "league" part of the series. These are usually a few episodes long. Not this one. They either want to finish this series as quickly as they can which may end with a team flare stand off, or they just make it redundant because they need to start with the sun/moon anime.

Well, it's pretty useless to show bullsh*t frog stomp the whole league so I get why they just fast forward it to sawyer/alain. The league will be so far 4 episodes, I suppose there will be a 5th as well, and then move on to flehhhhd stuff

Ash vs alain in the finals. Ash loses. Alain realises that team flare was using him to capture zygarde to activate the weapon of mass destruction. An all out attack happens. Team flare loses, Ash and the gang leave to the ferry. Serena would try to confess to ash about her feelings, but decides not to tell him, because it would be for the best, It ends with Ash at the hill over pallet town and he runs home. The end. The series starts again in November when sun/moon is released.

Did you all see the giant orange doughnut preparing to get launched by bsfrog in the newest trailer tease released by the pokemon yt channel?

Seems the asspulls weren't enough during the wulfric rematch, they'll be inventing even more for the league, probably during the final