Pokemon XY and XY&Z. Did the Pokemon Anime get better?

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok... so wtf. Its montage of ash and greninja. Then at the end its a giant shuriken of fire. Ash beats Alain? is this actually happening?

Well we know he beats Sawyer at least..and we know that they feel the need to mention how Ash has never beaten Alain before. That kinda hints he might win (also if you consider that ...doughnut thing) But it's still possible team Flehhhhd interrupts the match or something... or that the giant doughnut doesn't win him the match

you bring up an interesting point. It does still seem to be a fire shuriken (doughnut) so maybe when this happens ash is about to beat alain, but team flare interferes, because they need alain to win, to "investigate" mega energy or something like that.

I'm not quite sure team Flehhhhd is that involved in everything Alain is doing, but yeah, that's about it, I'm not sure if they know he's fighting in the league, maybe they do. Don't think it's stated anywhere whether they do. I was thinking more like they finally find a lead on the red zygarde core so they end up crashing the league party or something. When you think about it, this can only go 2 ways- either the authors finally let Ash win a league in the most asspulled way imaginable ( I mean, it's a currently anime-exclusive 1 in a million yrs event evolution that happened to his frog and made it technically an unfair pokemon to own, it makes megas look like a joke and all), or they find a reason to make Ash lose, be it by interrupting the fight or by letting Alain find a way to win

Edited by Masquerain

So the first league ep aired...I gotta say, it was kinda shitty to watch..I mean..uh

Charizard X OHKOing Charizard Y with a flamethrower after they collided flamethrowers once before? .... Seems...eh?

Same goes for Ashfrog insta transforming later in the ep and OHKOing an altaria with water shuriken...?

I get that they're trying to show just how easily Alain and Ash are gonna stomp the league but come on... That's like making every normal mon out to be a joke and not having had a chance at victory from the start (If we ignore that protags/rivals always win) I've always said it that the ashfrog makes megas look like jokes and thus is a very bad concept to introduce at the same time you introduced megas, but oh well.. I guess they really wanna get to the rival battles

I always had high expectations for the league episodes but i have mixed feelings about the kalos league. Heck they could just call this league the OHKO league with what Alain and Ash are doing. While I initially found the ash greninja thing cool i'm starting to get bored of it. It's starting to become infernape 2.0 which was the only thing that made me dislike DP which was otherwise fantastic. I doubt ash remembers he has other pokemon but the preview for the next episode does show hawlucha getting some action.

Wish the guy that battled ash had a mega altaria. I mean mega pokemon fall before ash greninja. What made that guy believe he could take on that frog with a regular mon. Poor altaria. And trevor was kinda stupid. I mean mega charizard y with dragon tail. I wish he put up more of a fight.

Jeez....this is probably gonna be the 2nd worst league if they dont up the quality in the next episodes.

It's already been pretty much confirmed that Ash and Alain are going to stomp the league with their aces, so I wouldn't expect too much until the Ash vs Shouta fight.

Since they don't have diversions to show next ep, it's probably going to be a split between shouta and ash fighting tierno (shouta) and random megas such as the girl with the mega absol. They probably won't get 1shot this time, but expect the frog to stomp everything anyway. I suppose the poor chap with the altaria had no clue what was waiting for him (probably only Ash's friends know about his frog)

Edited by Masquerain

I know were all thinking that may lose to that guy (the guy with the sceptile). The reason im saying this is because he makes notes all the time, even on ash and his stradegies, pokemon, etc. If ash loses to a guy who just started a swear ive lost hope in him ever winning a league. The first rule of being a trainer don't tell people your strategies.

I know were all thinking that may lose to that guy (the guy with the sceptile). The reason im saying this is because he makes notes all the time, even on ash and his stradegies, pokemon, etc. If ash loses to a guy who just started a swear ive lost hope in him ever winning a league. The first rule of being a trainer don't tell people your strategies.

But it's confirmed Ash wins vs Shouta already and faces Alain in the finals

Yeah the first battle seemed a bit rushed to me, but I'm gonna go off topic for a bit. If you saw the preview for Episode 33, Shota's sceptile has a mega scarf and the scarf looked like it came from the PMD games. Just a little thing I noticed.

I guess I didn't quite understand your post then D: But Shouta is Sawyer yes, and he's definitely winning vs Tierno because Tierno has a raichu and Sawyer has a lightning rod mega sceptile. He'll beat Tierno and manage to fight Ash and then lose, so Ash will face Alain in finals

I didn't notice the scarf, gotta rewatch the preview I guess, but that's a neat little easter egg i guess :ph34r:

I think it's gona be a rather even match that comes down to megatile vs bsfrog , but if they play that card vs sawyer alrdy, it will be meh vs alain..eh well, let's see what they'll bring our way

still secretly hoping ash gets replaced as a mc for the alola season

even if ash loses vs alain i want him to lose when both have 1 pokemon left zard-x vs ash-greninja.i dont want him to be steamrolled like he was in that match vs tobias in sinnoh when he stood no chance

on the other hand if he wins that would be a surprise...

Edited by Bessi