Pokemon XY and XY&Z. Did the Pokemon Anime get better?

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People are always going to be disappointed at seeing something they didn't like (including me, although it was mainly how he was defeated), but the hate will go away eventually, probably when the next episode comes out.

it probably won't help when the second preview for ep 39 saw Ash pretty much ready to be executed. 78% sure that this is when Greninja gets his 'redemption' (quotations because most people are more upset about Alain than Greninja just not being strong enough)

text

yeah the disappointment would go away but it will still linger lol

anyway, the next episode is quite interesting

Lysander is showing his true color, and that face when he's going to execute is plan

DP333.jpg

What would happen to Alain? will he breakdown when he learn what is Lysander doing? Or he would still continue to support Lysander since that guy have Chespie (and probably Mairin) as hostage

To be honest the rant over the recent league episode is slightly unjustified

If Ash is nearly strong enough to defeat Diana when he picks up Ash Greninja and Alain is able to defeat Ash, that means he probably can defeat Diana. We will soon get the team flare arc soon. If i am correct Alain still works for Lysandre and if he becomes champion and then gets defeated in the team flare arc by Ash then by how the anime champion logic works, Ash would become champion. But regardless if Ash won the league in a legitiment fashion and became champion after beating the E4 and champ the people complaining over Ash losing would complain Ash Greninja being broken. We should just wait and see for the team flare arc, Alain my go evil edgelord on us and if that is the case we know how the series treats evil teams towards Ash in the final climax, Ash wins. So regardless if Ash becomes the champion in Kalos or not they are setting the story up to have Ash be shown as the strongest trainer in Kalos, and if that carries over to Sun and Moon could mean that may be the climax of Ash being the main character leaving it off as him being the strongest trainer in a new frontier and he remains to build his own league and then he reigns over it as champion (sounds like the concept of the sun and moon games, doesn't it?)

Edited by Govictory

• Veterans

Eh, Team Flare so far has been quite entertaining so I'll give the Flehhhhd Arc the benefit of a doubt here. The preview is fucking lit as all hell animation wise and from a narrative perspective it makes perfect sense. Hopefully we can see something amazing from this.

Here's the second preview, I think.

• Veterans

From what I see, Alain's extremely conflicted here. He's having trouble grasping the situation here after all, the man, HIS MENTOR AND BOSS that he trusted and gathered all this mega evolution energy for believing the lie he had been told that it had been for Mairin's Chespin turns out to be a psychopath that abused a sacred being to the point where it went full Pulse-Tangrowth and started destroying Lumiose City with fucking plant roots. The facial expression's there show it amazingly and then there's the first trailer with the Tv Broadcast referring to Lysandre's Holo Caster broadcast in the games(Neat touch actually.)

Pretty much yeah, Alan's face cameos show him either confused as hell/surprised, or his eyes are shadowed which is what they usually do when a character has to make a hard choice (for Ash it's also when he loses important battles..or used to be). Seems Ash and his entire team are gonna get used to gather more energy (could we assume they're gathering life force from them too? ) When puni-chan falls into Flehhhhhhhhhd's control, and the megazord zygarde surfaces, who's gonna stop it? Will they fight it or will Bonnie somehow make puni-chan snap out of it and back on their side? There are plenty more cool things to come in this arc and the fact that Ash lost his 6th regional league shouldn't take the "hype" away from watching

Edited by Masquerain

The worst part is that the battle wasn't even any good. Unlike Masqurein I think all the battles before this one were awesome, but THIS? They didn't even play the theme song! It's as if the writers intentionally made it shitty just to insult the audience!

new ep aired

Ash and Alan team up to go get Mairin, eventually get confronted by a Flehhhhhhhhhd scientist who "exposes" that Alan has been working with Flehhhd. Ash seemed to not believe it but Alan entered his do-nothing-eternal-mental-dilemma mode, confirming that it's no lie. Apparently Ash and pikachu got rekt by a confuse ray (ayashii no hikari i.e. eerie light which is the jap name for confuse ray). Malva didn't seem too aware either that Lysandre was going for total destruction as she seemed concerned going "Furadari..." (aka Lysandre...) and then telling Team Rocket that she remembered she has something important to do. It looked cool how every Kalos gym leader got a cameo, I wish the XY games were executed in a way that's even remotely close to the anime version. The bgm that played while Sycamore was protecting Mairin from Fleehhhhhd was quite cool. They surely wanted to get her and use her as blackmail I presume. Alan learns about Lysandre's real intentions but he still does nothing and he's still in some internal dilemma mode since he visibly disagrees with whatever is happening but does nothing. Couldn't understand all of what Lysandre was saying to him but yeah, there's still the possibility that they'll blackmail him with Chespie or somethin. Zygarde showdown which continues into the preview. Speaking of preview, it seems Ash gets used to power up the weapon, but will free himself (or someone will free him) next ep as he's shown to sync with his frog. The little bits that showed Alan only showed him shocked (again) but he still seemingly did nothing. In any case, it's clear that someone or something will have to snap him out of whatever mental turmoil he's having with himself. Overall nice episode, but I still feel sad looking back at how boring Flehhhhhhhhhd were in the games compared to the story they receive in the anime :\

Edited by Masquerain

This episode was clearly made well with the anticipation they put into it. OMG alain was part of the team destroying the world. but all jokes aside it was actually quite good. The fact that its now an all out war to determine the regions fate is better displayed here than in the game. With the two zygardes fighting it seems that's what lysandre wanted almost as if that when they fuse together the complete form will become corrupted. Things are clearly getting interesting in this arc. I wonder who set ash free or if he just activated ash-greninja and they broke free. I'm still predicting that ash will fight alain again. But it will be something along the line of alain needs to capture him again because chespie is still in their hands. Lets see what happens next week, Im actually quite excited for this arc.

What I want to see is Gioavani taking action against Team Flare! We saw once he seemed interested about the existance of Team Flare and I realy want to see him again outside of cameos...

And since the psychic Gym Leader saw that Team Rocket will have a big part in the Kalos crisis, I'm expecting something big from them!

Ash Greninja appears next episode so someone obviously must have helped him escape. There was also a short scene where z2 got rekt and thrown into the wall by Squishy.

It seems that Remo also might make an appearance next episode too, due to the mega Garchomp (Sycamore's Garchomp didn't have a mega stone on its neck when it once mega evolved), which is pretty cool.

Also, how have I only just realised how handsome Professor Sycamore looks? Maybe it's just a psychological thing when he saved Mairin.

Ash Greninja appears next episode so someone obviously must have helped him escape. There was also a short scene where z2 got rekt and thrown into the wall by Squishy.

It seems that Remo also might make an appearance next episode too, due to the mega Garchomp (Sycamore's Garchomp didn't have a mega stone on its neck when it once mega evolved), which is pretty cool.

Also, how have I only just realised how handsome Professor Sycamore looks? Maybe it's just a psychological thing when he saved Mairin.

Nah, Sycamore has been revered as the most handsome professor by many, it's not simply psychological I'd say

Also, dem subs tho. Primitive, but at least they capture the gist. From the looks of it, Alan seems to be still in doubt that Lysandre is truly evil. He keeps questioning him as if hoping to change his mind or something, and ofc, ultimately doing nothing useful apart standing there dumbfounded. Alan pls, you're better than that. I'm curious to see what Malva's planning to do, as I said before, she didn't really seem like she knew this was part of the plan. I'm also curious to see whether TR's boss will play any part in all of this as foreseen by Olympia. That would be pretty cool. I hope the gym leader cameos mean more than just being shown to watch the Lumiose crisis. They probably don't since it's not like they can teleport to Lumiose but it'd have been nice if they'd somehow join in on the fight. In any case, the Flehhhhhhhhhhhhd arc is cool and will keep being cool.

Apparently, some staff dood supposedly tweeted something about 10 episodes left of the XY anime, not sure if including or excluding this one. No idea how credible that stuff is, but it's possible. We only know the confirmed episode titles until September 15 where we're having a zygarde vs zygarde 1h special. They're going on a break after that until September 29. The expected ending date of the XY season is around November 3 or 1 week earlier since the Pokemon anime usually ends 2-3 weeks before the release of the new games. Technically if we count the special as 2 eps (or count this episode in the 10), we'll have 10eps by november 3, so it fits. Do you think the Flehhhd arc ends immediately during the 1h special or will it end during the episode that follows after? And what will happen after it ends? That's still a bunch of episodes to go for a simple goodbye bit

Edited by Masquerain