Pokemon XY and XY&Z. Did the Pokemon Anime get better?

This episode made me a little upset. The entire arc was about this whole ash-greninja deal. And then when the series ends, they just decided to release it because ash is becoming a kid in mind again in S/M and that means no strategy or smarts. Honestly I would have been if it was staying back at Oaks lab. At least he would have had something that was as powerful as a mega.

The closer we get to the ending of the X/Y series, the more im regretting that I'm actually going to watch a few episodes of S/M series just to see how much they made ash less smart

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it STAY in its Ash-Greninja form? Because the ending sure seems to imply that.

I presume it does because it's not a speshul snowflake and can't do anything as a normal frog (mostly, it can't see those red vein-like things either) Maintaining the form forever though.. I don't think it can, but I'm sure they didn't intend for the viewer to think about that

All they needed was some sappy line along the lines of "As long as Greninja remembers ash he'll be able to keep his form". But I'm pretty sure I didn't hear anything like that. As it stands Ashninja is doomed to lose his superpowers permanently as soon as he gets hit by a fire type attack. Great thinking there Ash, I can see your Sun/Moon persona is already developing.

Does it STAY in its Ash-Greninja form? Because the ending sure seems to imply that.

All they needed was some sappy line along the lines of "As long as Greninja remembers ash he'll be able to keep his form". But I'm pretty sure I didn't hear anything like that. As it stands Ashninja is doomed to lose his superpowers permanently as soon as he gets hit by a fire type attack. Great thinking there Ash, I can see your Sun/Moon persona is already developing.

From what I gather, the machine caused it to stay that way permanently. I don't know if that's 100% true though. It kind of sucks, but I guess they thought it be best to write Greninja out of the show.

Seeing that ending.... really made me think this would be an epic ending for Pokemon altogether. But naaaaah, it's gonna get the Sun and Moon reboot treatment. And just after Serena FINALLY KISSES ASH. Goodbye AmourShipping, we hardly knew you.

It also looks like Ash's Greninja didn't stay in its form forever, as it went back to normal. But where the hell is Zygarde? Ash-Greninja was meant to "protect Zygarde and the region of Kalos", but it looks like it's doing nothing! What a waste of a release, honestly.

With Sun and Moon's anime slowly creeping up, it really makes me wonder just what we're going to see after XYZ.

Seeing that ending.... really made me think this would be an epic ending for Pokemon altogether. But naaaaah, it's gonna get the Sun and Moon reboot treatment. And just after Serena FINALLY KISSES ASH. Goodbye AmourShipping, we hardly knew you.

It also looks like Ash's Greninja didn't stay in its form forever, as it went back to normal. But where the hell is Zygarde? Ash-Greninja was meant to "protect Zygarde and the region of Kalos", but it looks like it's doing nothing! What a waste of a release, honestly.

With Sun and Moon's anime slowly creeping up, it really makes me wonder just what we're going to see after XYZ.

Weren't the two zygarde on the tree behind Greninja when he was cutting the vine?

No way.... That hast to be Bonnie. Dedenne, blue eyes, it's so uncanny! Only difference is the hair and color of it, but hey, her hair could change over time! And do you know what this means? That theory of Ash being in a coma? It could actually be true! He will forever be that boy who was 10.

08541366a0.jpg

Am I the only one that sees the eyes aren't blue, but rather turquoise or teal (aka greenblue) ?... That's not Bonnie, it's just another character from the past that has the same.... well let's just say same parallels as Bonnie. Ash has had enough of those himself where people mistook him for someone else because this and that. I see this as a way to "explain" Bonnie's relevance in regards to the Zygarde stuff

I think that little girl is the daughter of the girl who got turned to stone or something, but not related to Bonnie in a literal way, nor Bonnie herself

So apparently on the same day that... THAT happened, Junichi Madsuda tweeted "gone are the days of Pokemon being predictable" or something like that. We'll see about that because so far this generation's ended mostly the same way as every other one.

So apparently on the same day that... THAT happened, Junichi Madsuda tweeted "gone are the days of Pokemon being predictable" or something like that. We'll see about that because so far this generation's ended mostly the same way as every other one.

Do you have a link to that?

The episode came out Thursday. He could also have been referring to the Sun and Moon trailer that came out that day. Or it could have been something completely different.

So we have another special announced about Clemont.

In it, Cilian is in Kalos to compete in a fishing contest and meets Clemont. They then head to Prism Tower.

"A TV guide in Japan has revealed another new episode title, this time for the fourty-ninth episode of Pokémon XY & Z, a standalone special. This episode is set to air on November 10th. The episode features Clemont meet up with the Striaton City Gym Leader, and Ash's former travelling companion, Cilan.

XYZ Special: The Ultimate Duo! Clemont and Cilan!!"

Weird special idea, and I'm not sure what to think of it. Cilian was alright, don't get why he came all the way to Kalos from Johto though.