Pokemon XY and XY&Z. Did the Pokemon Anime get better?

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope for an Ash x Serena mini arc, where they will come closer more and eventually end up together.

Looooooool who am I kiddind??? Script writers are not that smart for something like this :P

The saddest part is that despite Serena being the canonically romantically-interested-in-Ash girl, Ash still seems to not really care about romance, thus Serena will most likely either never voice her feelings, or will get frendzoned

Then again, they're all 10-12 years old so..

Edited by Masquerain

preview v2

It shows that Ash will be set free, whether with Alan's help or something else. The narrator is talking about Flehhhhhhhhhd plans being in motion and also talking about Alan...possibly asking what will Alan do after knowing the truth. Can hear that Alan himself says something like "What have I been fighting for all this time????" and he's visibly angry and will likely finally snap out of it. At this point it's rather safe to say Serena won't be rescuing Ash or anything, but Ash will be freed and he'll be fighting Lysandre with his shiny Megyarados

Having just seriously come back to the anime since dropping sometime around Diamond and Pearl, seeing this kinda made me smile. The animation quality's sooo good now. It's not straight battle anime good, but it's good enough.

XCpgUi1.gif

Edited by Etherwolf

New week, new ep

Wellp..

Many cool battles in this ep, Dem admins are way better than in the games. It seems Serena had no real clue what's going on and now she's going with Mairin to rescue the comatose Chespin.

So apparently, there was indeed somewhat of a rigging in regards to Alain's mega bracelet. Apparently every time a Pokemon mega evolves , the mega energy oozing during that evolution goes to Alain's mega bracelet and gets stored there. Whether that stored energy made his zard x any stronger than it should be or whether it just went to Flehhhd is unknown, couldn't really understand that so I guess we'll have to see. Alain finally snapped and realized he got played. Poor guy probably has all the regrets right now. But hey, at least he finally resolved to choose a side and team up with Ash. That multibattle vs Lysandre was very cool. Poor Pyroar got brutally rekt.

Seems Puni-chan fell into Flehhhd's control.. it's so weird calling it Puni-chan when it's a Snakegarde :| .. but anyways. Next ep is gonna be pretty epic with Clemont and Citroid putting in all the work to protect the gym. Also. Steven. Let's take a moment to appreciate the incoming shiny Megagross vs shiny Megyarados fight next ep. ... On a side note, Megyarados in the anime looks so bad.. it really just looks pregnant :|

So apparently, there was indeed somewhat of a rigging in regards to Alain's mega bracelet. Apparently every time a Pokemon mega evolves , the mega energy oozing during that evolution goes to Alain's mega bracelet and gets stored there. Whether that stored energy made his zard x any stronger than it should be or whether it just went to Flehhhd is unknown, couldn't really understand that so I guess we'll have to see. Alain finally snapped and realized he got played. Poor guy probably has all the regrets right now. But hey, at least he finally resolved to choose a side and team up with Ash.

So will Alain be disqualified and Ash will be the Kalos Champion or they'll rematch each other?

Edited by Slicster

Does anyone here think that it kinda dumb because beside Pokemon battles and catching a new Pokemon on his team and synchro, ash and friends can be a little bit annoy with the fact that they failed to see through team rocket disguise and after a friendly Pokemon battle they keep talking about how it a was a good battle and the only reason Serena did Pokemon contest was because her friend showed it to her and didn't give it any thought and greninja is the only water type Pokemon ash had on it team to fully evolve so they can be sync together even though pikachu had a longer friendship with ash than greninja and only half of that group's Pokemon had evolve and ash has all of his badges and is finish with the Pokemon league

Edited by Pata733

So will Alain be disqualified and Ash will be the Kalos Champion or they'll rematch each other?

I think you can be sure as daylight that Alain won't get disqualified. I mean, as I said, the only thing that was shown and told is that the mega bracelet Alain wears absorbs some of the energy that oozes out while a pokemon is megaevolving during Alain's fight with it. There is 0 indication that the absorbed energy influences his Charizard in any way and there is 0 indication of any Pokemon being weaker due to some of that energy getting absorbed. I believe that it makes little to no sense for team Flehhhhhhhhhhhhhd to simply empower Alain's Charizard with that energy when in fact, they need it to meet their end goals. I believe that the energy that got absorbed was getting transferred to team Flehhhd's labs and they were storing it little by little until they had enough.

I also think that they would have shown it in SOME way if anything was really rigged.. like, maybe they'd show a mini flashback of his Charizard getting powered or maybe they'd show that Alain has a self-realization that he had been winning his fights "unfairly". There was none of that, however, just 3 flashbacks of his bracelet shining while random pokemon were megaevolving as Lysandre was telling Alain that it's thanks to him that all of this (destruction) could happen. Alain himself was only angry at getting played, asking himself "What have I been fighting for all this time??" and whatnot.

And if the case would really be that Alain's Charizard received some benefits from that absorbed energy, Alain could and would be doing the same to Lysandre's Megyarados, but there's not really any of that... but even IF, I really don't think anyone would disqualify Alain for it because it's not like he knew it was happening, and also, it's Pokemon. They wouldn't really go there, but if it turned out to be that Alain was winning "unfairly", I could see him offer to have a rematch with Ash where he loses, even though it may not be for a trophy

That's just the way I see things after watching the episode, though... there's no concrete info atm

I am pretty sure the writers get off on making Ash lose. I know they want him to be perpetually young to appeal to new trainers, but can we PLEASE get some development, some show of maturity. You think after EIGHTEEN seasons he would be a bit of a veteran trainer, even the slightest bit. Or, could we stop following Ash and get someone like Red?

ok I would have posted earlier but I went to fan expo, and will for the next two days so posting will be late some. but I can finally chat about the episode. It was actually really good. What made me really surprised is that lysandre tried to control and make ash like the second zygarde core so he could control ash-greninja. that's a little dark even for the pokemon anime in my opinion. But finally alan came through and made a decision to help (after an entire episode of just standing there) squishy lost and become corrupted too so know im guessing that bonnie will snap him out of it? But who was right about ash breaking free on his own (me) so theres that. so its a all out battle until steven comes in on that shiny mega gyarados. So im looking forward to next weeks where it will also just as good as this one.

also, on a side note. Ewwwww that mega gyarados, why does it look like that?

So, the episode titles for the next 3 eps have been announced (basically all of the episodes for the month of September) The first 2 are the 1h Zygarde special on September 15 and then after a 1 week break there's going to be an episode about Clemont and rebuilding the Lumiose gym (basically the aftermath of the Flehhhhd arc)... "We Start at Zero! Clemont's Decision!" Idk bout you, but in my opinion, the fact that they're starting with an episode about Clemont and his gym tells me that there won't be anything special happening after the Flehhd arc (such as Alain renouncing his title or having a random rematch with Ash because he's unworthy of the title or somesh*t) . I think since they're planning to end the kalos season around november 3 (or the week before) they're just going to focus on having episodes for each of Ash's friends and his frog until he goes back to Kanto and decides he's setting off for Alola

What's a league? :ph34r:

no but seriously, I almost forgot I'm watching Pokemon during that ep... It felt more mature than pokemon usually is, more dramatic and while still cliche, it was quite nice

Rip citroid, the ultimate weapon bgm that played during the scene was superb. While I was never a fan of the puni-chan song, the Bonnie scene was nice and touching. Bonnie is superior to Max (and even Iris/Cilan) in every way. Lysandre's theme remixed, hype! Too bad they cut it off at the best part :( That Megyarados though, now THAT's what happens when you have a mega on steroids. Ash's bat got rekt again...did it ever win a single fight?.. Goodra as well, win:loss ratio down even more. Alain is hardly doing anything there, but I suppose they can't cluster too much around the Gyarados or they'll risk hitting each other (p.s. that megyarados still looks stuffed/pregnant ) Steven , Clemont and Serena was also cool. Overall entire ep was cool. Here's to the 1h special next time. As for the preview, it appears that Lysandre's mega will get rekt and he's gonna have the megalith rise and complete zygarde will emerge to fight it

Edited by Masquerain

So Corocoro dropped. It looks like Serena is NOT going to continue traveling with Ash, and do as she said to Palermo, which is calling her and taking up her offer. She promised this at the end of her journey with Ash and the others, so it's not surprising to see her leave. Instead, I think Mallow is instead going to travel with him.

Also, it looks like Ash is going to get Rowlet. I mean, look at Rowlet standing NEXT to him! I honestly thought he might get Popplio, since it's recently been a pattern for him to get water starters. However, I'm really glad he's getting Rowlet, since honestly, I'm thinking about getting Rowlet or Litten.

But where the HELL did Ash's adventure go? HE'S ACTUALLY GOING TO SCHOOL?! If that's the case, then I'm pretty upset he's not going to rebattle Alain, or have him be disqualified for siding with Team Flare or anything. If all he is doing is going to school, then it looks like there won't be a whole lot going on. But, there's Team Skull and Aether, so I guess that's something to look forward to.

• Veterans

So Corocoro dropped. It looks like Serena is NOT going to continue traveling with Ash, and do as she said to Palermo, which is calling her and taking up her offer. She promised this at the end of her journey with Ash and the others, so it's not surprising to see her leave. Instead, I think Mallow is instead going to travel with him.

Also, it looks like Ash is going to get Rowlet. I mean, look at Rowlet standing NEXT to him! I honestly thought he might get Popplio, since it's recently been a pattern for him to get water starters. However, I'm really glad he's getting Rowlet, since honestly, I'm thinking about getting Rowlet or Litten.

But where the HELL did Ash's adventure go? HE'S ACTUALLY GOING TO SCHOOL?! If that's the case, then I'm pretty upset he's not going to rebattle Alain, or have him be disqualified for siding with Team Flare or anything. If all he is doing is going to school, then it looks like there won't be a whole lot going on. But, there's Team Skull and Aether, so I guess that's something to look forward to.

Nah, I feel like there'll be 1 last battle between the 2, there's about 5-6? Episodes left after the Flare Arc. 1 of them could probably have an Ash v Alain fight.

Honestly, I'm eh about the S/M anime, I'm just gunna be waiting for my boi Guzma to make his appearance lmao.

School. That should be interesting

All I want from the SM anime would be... Please don't make Ash dumb down to that BW series

If the writer do that, well bye bye Pokemon Anime, Imma be leaving you and this time for good

Serena joining Ash in Alolan is a bonus but seriously I'm pretty sure that's very impossible