Tier Discussion

NickCrash

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Autumn was ahead of her time when she said that Zam was broken in UU without really playing the tier. As expected from her <3

Anw, Zam is a pain in the butt... but I doubt it will solve UU's percieved problems of too many threats and matchup-based matches.

I want Zappy back there tbh. Haven't tried the meta since the May tier shifts

Noooooooooooooo Zapdos was a nightmare in UU, it was literally on every team.

It was a nice anti-offense mon but not that bad or hard to break. It was really good, nothing less, nothing more.

Then OU stallheads remembered it exists :(

• 4 weeks later...

again, double posting is bad folks

Machoke banned from PU, leaving like only one good Fighting type in the tier (being Monferno). At least no more Dynamic Punch hax, I guess

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pu-stage-8-suspect-voting.3576794/page-3#post-6893124: 43 Ban, 6 Don't ban, 2 Abstain - 88% Majority

also on another note PU won't be using NU's speed + Baton Pass ban, which is cool I guess

Machoke ban from PU makes sense due to the fact that its decent bulk in the tier coupled with the ability to slap on an eviolite. That with the additional advantage of dishing out ridiculous damage with base 100attack 100base power no guard STAB always confusing dynamic punch along with access to decent coverage through elemental punches and knock off makes Machoke pretty hard to kill with certain team compositions.

Edited by Caradius

I have a irrational hatred for Machoke after all of the PU I've played. Good riddance.

Monferno's still really good, and is gonna get a lot more usage now so I don't see stuff like Audino and Lickilicky coming back just yet, but Monferno's probably not broken. Probably. Altaria usage is gonna skyrocket.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know how I feel about this ban...

First of all, even though I haven't touch UU for a long time, I think there are a lot of things that can keep Salamence in check. Despite Salamence's trait to run different sets and roles, I think it fit extremely well in UU's metagame. We are aproaching the end of 6th gen meta and the BL banlist is big enough imo! Reducing the usable mons in UU is not very welcomed by me...

We got a bunch of new changes in the tiers this month!

Trevenant moved from RU to NU

Rotom-Fan moved from NU to PU

Shaymin moved from UU to RU

Tornadus moved from BL2 to UU

Heracross-Mega moved from BL to OU

Slurpuff moved from UU to RU

Quagsire moved from OU to UU

Muk moved from NU to PU

Cacturne moved from NU to PU

Smeargle moved from NU to PU

Gurdurr moved from RU to NU

Pelipper moved from NU to PU

Tangrowth moved from RU to OU

I bet RU is going to be a mess with Shaymin's Serene Graced Seed Flare!

aww, my boi tangrowth movin up in the tiers, sad that i wont be using the dude down in ru again but glad to see that he's being recognized. go get em champ.

shaymin to ru is questionable tho, but i have no experience with the little thing so meh

Now we only need the cancerfish named Alomomola get the fuck out of RU, and I may return to that tier! Honestly, all these Regenerator mons that were lurking in RU for a while were stupidly too good there! I'm glad to see it becoming less stally as time passes, but that means OU will become more and more disgusting...

shaymin to ru is questionable tho, but i have no experience with the little thing so meh

Questionable? Its not like a council decided for it to go down in tiers, its all based on usage and Shaymin was simply never used. It can probably spice up the RU meta for a while until it starts seeing more use and thus returns to UU.

Yeah there's no way Slurpuff stays in RU for long.

What I'm really interested in though are the PU drops. Cacturne and Smeargle are going to usher in a new era of suicide leads that compete with Golem so that will be interesting. Or maybe Smeargle will fade to obscurity compared to the stronk Golem while Cacturne becomes more of an offensive pokemon. Muk is going to be great, with banded gunk shot sets or AV sets. Pelipper is likely to ensure every Monferno starts running thunderpunch again, which is bad news for trying to check it with Swanna like I have been. Finally Rotom-Fan is going to completely replace Rotom-Frost because you no longer need to rely on blizzard. And it's gonna be a real pain.

Yeah, Rocky Helmet Tangrowth with max Def is propably the best fat grass right now,although Amoon is also neat for checking Keldeo and Diancie, two of the best mixed attackers in the tier. Celebi completely and utterly outclasses Shaymin thanks to its capabilities in NP or SD and sweep or pass. Slurrpuff in RU without Megalix... nope, will propably get the quickboot or a very fast suspect. Quag in UU, well, fuck. One more toy for the stalllords. Heracross had that usage bump coming for a while now.

We got a bunch of new changes in the tiers this month!

Trevenant moved from RU to NU

Rotom-Fan moved from NU to PU

Tornadus moved from BL2 to UU

Heracross-Mega moved from BL to OU

Slurpuff moved from UU to RU

Quagsire moved from OU to UU

Muk moved from NU to PU

Cacturne moved from NU to PU

Smeargle moved from NU to PU

Gurdurr moved from RU to NU

Pelipper moved from NU to PU

I bet RU is going to be a mess with Shaymin's Serene Graced Seed Flare!

You would be thinking of Shaymin-Sky, which remains in Ubers due to High Speed and Serene Grace.

You would be thinking of Shaymin-Sky, which remains in Ubers due to High Speed and Serene Grace.

Yeah, I forgot that normal and Sky form don't share the same ability...

Still I think normal Shaymin is too good for RU. With 100 base stats everywhere is a better Tangrowth imo (if we ignore Sleep Powder!)

Yeah, and it can do things like the Rest+Natural Cure combo, which takes a turn, but restores 100% of health and prevents being whittled by Toxic and Burn or being Paraed or Frozen to death, where Regenerator is excellent, but only restores 33%, unfortunately.

Not to mention, Seed Flare is still a base 120 STAB move with a 40% chance of dropping SpeDef 2 Stages. I could definitely see Sap Sippers rising in usage and Shaymin being banned.

Tangrowth had already been used a lot in high-level play which has stall everywhere, so it's nice to see it in OU, even if it will last only 1, maybe 2 months. I still don't understand why they keep increasing the BL, unless they wish to make it the new UU. Zam is there, Mence now too. Hera got more usage, which hinders those of us who actually use it since early ORAS, but the meta will keep changing till the new generation, as stall comes and goes through the higher tiers.