Tier Discussion

NickCrash

My congratulatios to the RU playerbase for managing to keep all of Typhlosion, Ambipom, Cinccinno, Togetic on the tier. Maybe they're still pissed that they can't get Vaporeon while having a better Water cleric in Alomomola

Klefki, Sableye and Musharna are banned in UU, RU and PU respectively so these don't matter.

Duggy is OU because Arena Trap is bullshit, I wish a future LC council will manage to ban that shit from gen6LC

Combusken is gonna be fun in PU

Stop using Raikou god damnit and let it drop

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Klefki was not banned to BL. They are probably testing how it goes in UU.

Dugtrio rose up because of certain shitty teams. It does not deserve a place up high.

Well... I've also contributed to that, but I didn't even reach the 1500s with that team (it was a piece of shit anyway).

Klefki was not banned to BL. They are probably testing how it goes in UU.

Dugtrio rose up because of certain shitty teams. It does not deserve a place up high.

Well... I've also contributed to that, but I didn't even reach the 1500s with that team (it was a piece of shit anyway).

Klefki has been banned into BL since 2014

You didn't contribute to the rise of the Duggy, cause Smogon counts the 1695+ usage stats

And Duggy is often used if offensive teams, with a popular core being Hydra-Duggy (see one team here and here) and other offensive teams that like to trap stuff (one here and two here and the second Duggy team here)

:]

1695+ COIL, not Elo

Based on the weighed system, all 1500 Elo and above users weigh 1, and the 1700+ weigh 1.1

The rest weigh based on their rank from 0.3 to 0.9

So even by a miniscule amount, any Duggy team contributes to the usage stats. Otherwise only the top of the ladder would matter, and stall is paramount there.

...ok what do you want me to do about that? Send another truck of Duggy teams to your house?

Also I forgot to congratulate the mon, the myth, the legend. Assuming it's not banned from PU (quite impropable) Quagsire has spent time in every single official usage based tier of this generation. All hail the Swag Sire and may he fall into the laps of FU/ZU in the following months until the SM PU meta estabilishes (I hear FU got renamed into ZU, alas)

Im kind of hyped with the changes in SuMo mechanics, mega-evolution now precedes turn order so diancie need not run protect, dodrio was buffed hugely, hp fire mons can now be made max speed by hyper training and pelipper will be the new politoad. It's looking pretty major in terms of changes in the metagame

As someone who has spammed Diancie to decent success and with lots of fun, Protect is still a super-cool move on it, scouting movesets and especially choiced mon, playing games with hazard setters who force her out, stalling out a status or sand turn...

Pelipper will indeed be the new Gen6 Politoed... ass in OU, banned Drizzle in lower tiers

Is that change confirmed? I really want someone to comment on what is legit and what's not. I'm getting a bit confused.

As for Diancie, it's still a good move to keep Protect due to how frail the pokemon is.

Besides, that helps slow shit like Beedrill more than it should, given it could do wonders with a 4th offensive move or something more dangerous like Leech Life (recent boost to 80BP) or Swords Dance.

As it happens with every new generation, the OU tier is made pretty lax in order for the community to shape it back, after the appropriate Bans, movements between the tiers, and complex bans/limitations are put in place. So, the first news is the OU BANLIST for the early period of SM, with some surprizing things to notice. For all interested, check the spoiler.

BANS

Pokemon

Arceus
Arceus-*
Blaziken
Darkrai
Deoxys
Deoxys-Attack
Deoxys-Defense
Deoxys-Speed
Dialga
Mega Gengar