Interested In Playing DND?

After a small conversation in the nightclub (woops I mentioned the nightclub did I break rule 1) I discovered a lot of members want to play DND. So I wanted to ask; how many people would be interested in starting a DND campaign? It would be very hard to set up for enough people to play, and even harder to set it up through skype/discord/showdown. The best option is Play by post (aka on some sort of forum) but Reborn doesn't have a forum roller, so the next best option becomes playing on another site. Hukuna also volunteered to DM and honestly I'd be all up for that. I'm an experienced DND player but do not enjoy DMing at all. So before I even try and put this into motion;

How many people are in? Play by post or try to set it up through Skype/Discord/Roll20/Showdown?

(Note: It should be DND 5e, most people would be really new to the game and 5e is the perfect system for that)

• Developers

I have 0 experience in DnD but a few of my irl friends have been trying to convince me to get into it. So I'd definitely be up for playing, gimme a chance to learn and get accustomed to things. And hopefully that will include learning not to suck too hard when I get roped into an irl game.

EDIT: I'm England so GMT+1, afaik. It's half 9 in the evening rn. I'd have spotty availability over the next month because exams but can still make most reasonable times, particularly once exams are done but even beforehand.

Edited by Marcello

I mean reading only helps so much... playing is the better way to learn to be honest.

I have PDFs lying around somewhere though and will probs... post them? I'd have to find them though so that'd take me awhile. But honestly, it's not to hard to pick up while playing. Espically 5th Edition. It's easy to pick up and learn. ((least imo.))

Also... keep in mind that well... It's been a loooooooooooooooong time since I DM'ed... so I'm going to be very... VERY rusty if I end up being the one who does. You've been warned ahead of time lol.

I have physical books too... best part lololol. But yea, if you let me know I'd not mind helpin' ya out as well. Just lemme know etc...

However, I kinda prefer that all the players in the party kinda build their characters together. ((my preferred way to run a 1st session.)) mostly since it allows people to get help from more veteran players, or myself. But also it let's them sorta build their party relationships while they are working ((it's a lot easier to be like, "Hey other player can my character be your bro/sibling etc...stuff like that.))

((also... do people mind DM voices? I honestly won't be able to help myself at times so... I hope you're not bothered by it if I DM. XD. Hell... if I'm jsut a player I'll probably do it... XD))

Are you guys determined to do this via Skype? Because I really would like to join this (the irl group I had found dissolved because the DM graduated <.<), but I don't have Skype, and it is impossible for me to get it at the moment for a plethora of reasons ;-;

• Developers

While I do have Skype, I won't have a working mic in the forseeable future so if we did it that way I'd probably be the one guy stuck with text. Buut... I'm open to doing this on most any medium, tbh

Much like Marcello, I too lack a mic. And I am currently in my hometown so the point is kinda moot anyway. But I would like to play some DND in the future, so yeah, I will be keeping an eye on this topic. Once you have decided, once and for all, how this will be done, for how long, in what day and at what hour, I'll see if there are the conditions for me to join. I don't want to hold you guys back by forcing you to accomodate a precarious solutuon just for me tho, so yeah, just keep on discussing the matter and don't worry about me :)

• Support Squad

Sure. Main issue I see is that, well, it's going to be hard with too many people voicing an interest. I don't know how these things always go but I swear 8-9 people is pushing it. I feel like more than 9-10 people are gonna want in.

Sure. Main issue I see is that, well, it's going to be hard with too many people voicing an interest. I don't know how these things always go but I swear 8-9 people is pushing it. I feel like more than 9-10 people are gonna want in.

And more than 4-5 will bail out as soon as we get an actual game started. It's always like that with DND. However; if there is all that much interested and a lot of people really really really really really wanna play, I can get a EU only game going. I have a friend from outside of Reborn that would be willing to DM. He however is EU, and probably wouldn't want to DM for Muricans. This can be the plan B if we get too many requests.

I keep hearing about D&D, but never played it before. So, I guess I'm interested in trying it out.

I'm fine with Skype. Not sure about Roll20. And I'm not particularly sure about using Discord because in my experience it liked to disable my mic for some reason. But that could be fixed by now, so who knows?

Doing it via Showdown just sounds like it'd be a mess...

Also, my timezone is GMT+0. Because I'm in Ireland, but I can stay up late on the weekends(Like I am right now).

Edit: having read Kyuu's post below, I'll say I'm fine with Roll20.

Edited by Captain Breakfast

By the way for the ones who don't know, Roll20 is like an online gameboard that facilitates games like these. It has built in audio and video, but in general discord/skype is better for that. It's also got maps, character sheets with shit already programmed into them and dice. So it's almost necessary for playing online!

• Administrators

I suppose I'm not enough of a nerd yet so I'll give it a shot, but I'm not terribly invested so if too many others are interested I'll step aside first.