The Legend of Jumpluff

BanananaK

I've seen plenty of obsessing over how powerful Jumpluff is on these forums. But I've never found out why. I just got it from Zetta on my flying monotype run, and want to know if it even is viable. It sounds so good, but I'm not quite sure what makes it that way. So can someone explain it to me?

It used to be available before Venam, and it had insanely fast Sleep Powder + Leech Seed support. And even though its attack isn't great, Acrobatics is 110 base power and STAB, which is amazing.

I'm sure Azery can tell you more about it, though~

It used to be available before Venam, and it had insanely fast Sleep Powder + Leech Seed support. And even though its attack isn't great, Acrobatics is 110 base power and STAB, which is amazing.

I'm sure Azery can tell you more about it, though~

Ah. On my team it would work out as a sleep powder support, so I suppose it would be nice on a team of almost entirely setup sweepers. But I suppose I can see why it is / was so OP :P

Edited by BananananaK

• Veterans

I hath been summoned by the mention of our lord, the Jumpluff!

Ok but in all seriousness:

Back in E3/4(I can't remember)I restart my Rejuvenation savefile and went through with the same starter, that being Cyndaquil. I picked up Hoppip as a joke, thinking it would be useless but it quickly proved to be anything but that. It trashed Keta as a Jumpluff. Mewtwo fell victim too. And on it went, Typloshion with Eruption only helping out the destruction Jumpluff caused. It got to the point where Jumpluff essentially outclassed every grass type - bar possibly Lilligant - available because it was able to quickly dish out damage and had reliable recovery as well as being an amazing support mon and thus it was given the boot until wayyy later on. Now, there's a bunch of leader's back to back that Jumpluff's weak to, but I remain adamant that it's an extremely good support pokemon.

Basically what Azery said. Let me said he was the reason why jumpluff was moved and move relearner moved later lol.

It was mostly because of sleep powder trick and leed seed lolz. Plus the combination of typloision made it pretty crazy.

Jumpluff is pretty fast pokemon too so it could sleep powder most of the team. Tricks and such pretty much.

Speaking as someone that started in Episode 3 (and was probably one of two people that got Jumpluff axed and moved to MUCH later in the game), Jumpluff was so good in the early game to the point where it basically outclassed every other early game grass and flying type (bar Murkrow, which is now also axed). It would stall the hell out of everything, and anything it couldn't stall, it would at least get off a Leech Seed before going down due to its insane speed.

Since it had Leech Seed, it was also a staple in killing Mewtwo back when it was meant to be an entirely unwinnable fight (used to be Lv. 50).

Edited by Alilatias

Since it had Leech Seed, it was also a staple in killing Mewtwo back when it was meant to be an entirely unwinnable fight (used to be Lv. 50).

Which it wasn't because of Hyper mode (Stalling with Fake Out and switching). I also thought it was level 100. (but that could be E5)

• 3 months later...

Jumpluff is a tie with Quagsire for my favorite Pokemon, it is OP in every game, insane speed with a nice and powerful Sleep Powder with Leech Seed is an amazing combo coupled with Swords Dance and Acrobatics just makes it a beast (Getting it is just a Hop, Skip and a Jump away... OMG... I feel so bad for that.. Sorry!)