Praise The Sun... and Moon - Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon

Godot

If those are really the only four islands, five if you count the tiny white thingy in the center, then that's still way too small. My Hoenn theory is this game's last hope

There appear to be some more clouded or left out areas so never know...

I can count 14 pokemon centers around all 4 places, but the leftmost one is like a giant island of wilderness..there's nothing on it. .. I really wonder what the hell is gonna happen in this game, it looks so small and everything looks so close together... The rotom dex also tells you where you need to go and serves as this gen's version of handholding... I'm really dreading that cursed bracelet on the trainer's wrist though.... ugh why

All right...

*Deep breath, use Calm Mind*

So, in an orderly and methodical fashion:

1. The region has four main islands, great. It's large but Hoennish with all the water, but that's nothing wrong in my book.

2. The characters seem ten or eleven at best, and the rival looks like a discount Barry. Meh.

3. The Professor is that guy? Then who the hell is the retired Samurai? Sure, he seems very lax for a professor, being dressed in casuals and shirtless to boot, but who's the badass fat dude in the yellow shirt?

3. The legends are odd, to say the least. MoonBat's cool, although the typing is quite bad with the huge weakness to Dark (pls nerf) and Ghost also, so having a defensive ability seems a tad bad from what we see. Should've been fairy, to be frank.

Mega Pyroar surprises me too by not being a fire type. It's incomprehensible in every way. I am glad that it is a Steel type though. Seems ironic that it's weak to Fire, but who knows what it's ability truly does. Might combine Flash Fire too, for all we know.

That Lillie girl is uninteresting to me. Show me the dolphin Pokémon already!

The Moon legendary passed the opportunity to be Fairy/Ghost and unique.

I'm still adamant that the Sun legend is physical. I want it to be.

I also want a tissue to wipe my manly angry tears for all this wasted potential.

All right...

*Deep breath, use Calm Mind*

So, in an orderly and methodical fashion:

1. The region has four main islands, great. It's large but Hoennish with all the water, but that's nothing wrong in my book.

2. The characters seem ten or eleven at best, and the rival looks like a discount Barry. Meh.

3. The Professor is that guy? Then who the hell is the retired Samurai? Sure, he seems very lax for a professor, being dressed in casuals and shirtless to boot, but who's the badass fat dude in the yellow shirt?

3. The legends are odd, to say the least. MoonBat's cool, although the typing is quite bad with the huge weakness to Dark (pls nerf) and Ghost also, so having a defensive ability seems a tad bad from what we see. Should've been fairy, to be frank.

Mega Pyroar surprises me too by not being a fire type. It's incomprehensible in every way. I am glad that it is a Steel type though. Seems ironic that it's weak to Fire, but who knows what it's ability truly does. Might combine Flash Fire too, for all we know.

That Lillie girl is uninteresting to me. Show me the dolphin Pokémon already!

1. It seems like they will cram most gyms between the top right and bottom right islands. The leftmost island looks like it could be victory road because it only has a pokemon center and....landscape. The region itself still looks too primitive and boring to me but hey, maybe we'll be surprised

2. Yes they do, that's a step back in my eyes. The burst crystal bracelet tho :| ... kill me even the shigeru dood's twitter has a post saying "what could this be?"

3. Wellp, I thought it was the samurai guy but it seems not. He also appears to be married since you can see a ring on his finger

4. The abilities of the legends are literally multiscale and clear body renamed. Their descriptions are pretty clear about what they do :| That's pretty lame imo. I would have liked it if mega pyroar was fire steel. It would fit the typing more than ...psychic?..wut.. And Lunaala fits the type it has but It'd be better as a fairy ghost imo

P.S. I believe the man-made island is the white thing in the middle...

Edited by Masquerain

LEt's take a moment to appreciate this post from Shigeru

db5661e459.jpg

NPC from RSE saying they did not manage to succeed in making a device that lets you talk to pokemon

From this rotom dex, we can assume that SM take place after ORAS and belong to the same new timeline introduced by Zinnia . In this universe, they finally succeeded in creating a way to communicate with pokemon

• Upvote 5

Lol more fuel for my Hoenn theory right there. If it really happens this game still has hope.

By the way, sogaleo and lunaala's signature moves seem to do the same thing: they're mold breaker in move form.

Also the website makes a point to say that no Pokemon has had either of their abilities before. Top kek

Lol more fuel for my Hoenn theory right there. If it really happens this game still has hope.

By the way, sogaleo and lunaala's signature moves seem to do the same thing: they're mold breaker in move form.

Also the website makes a point to say that no Pokemon has had either of their abilities before. Top kek

It does seem to create a connection between oras and sm, so there's that. But I don't think the 5th island is anything other than the small white thing in the middle. I think the resort hotel pic we saw at the "reveal" trailer is there or something. There's always hope. There is no hope for pokemon following you or seasons, but yeah. ..... Ugh

Moonghost beam looks cool, I suppose it's a ghost type move.... I mean... It has it in the name and all... still wish Lunala was fairyghost

the dex entries of the legends don't say much about their possible myths... but solgaleo's "the beast that devoured the sun" reminds me of the zero escape quote "memento mori, if the nineth lion ate the sun".. not that it means anything

@ Red_Chaos: yes

EDIT:

A new serebii bit of info..

b2d3b7047b.png

wonder what that means

Edited by Masquerain

Honestly? Psychic/Steel makes perfect sense. Psychic has always been the type for celestial bodies (Cosmic Power, Gravity, Lunar Dance, Pokemon like Deoxys, Starmie, Beheeyem, Jirachi, Solrock, Lunatone), Steel has a similar theme and also representing light (Meteor Mash, Solgaleo's signature move Meteor Drive, Flash Cannon, Mirror Shot, etc).

It does seem to create a connection between oras and sm, so there's that. But I don't think the 5th island is anything other than the small white thing in the middle. I think the resort hotel pic we saw at the "reveal" trailer is there or something. There's always hope. There is no hope for pokemon following you or seasons, but yeah. ..... Ugh

Moonghost beam looks cool, I suppose it's a ghost type move.... I mean... It has it in the name and all... still wish Lunala was fairyghost

the dex entries of the legends don't say much about their possible myths... but solgaleo's "the beast that devoured the sun" reminds me of the zero escape quote "memento mori, if the nineth lion ate the sun".. not that it means anything

@ Red_Chaos: yes

EDIT:

A new serebii bit of info..

b2d3b7047b.png

wonder what that means

unless melemele translates into something, its probly a new set of islands you unlock meaning kalos could be out of the question

I'm sure there is a perfectly good reason as to why both Solgaleo and Lunala are Psychic Pokemon. Remember Olympia? She bears a striking resemblance to Lunala, and both happen to relate to Psychic types. This can also be said about Solgaleo, now that we know. Being Cosmic Pokemon, both of them being Psychic also makes sense. LIke how X and Y had the Sun Dial and trainer dressed like Lunala, we may get a Moon Dial and somebody dressed like Solgaleo in Sun and Moon. Who's to say for sure, but we might actually get some more connections to X and Y.

unless melemele translates into something, its probly a new set of islands you unlock meaning kalos could be out of the question

if you google melemele, there's a hawaiian-english dictionary and it claims melemele means blond, yellow, amber, yolk or...well let's just say yellow

Alternatively, it's some resorty place too apparently

Edited by Masquerain

The "MeleMele" thing is obviously the name of one of the islands. Look at Hawaii, the whole group is called "Hawaii", and one of the islands is called "Hawaii", but the other islands have their own names too. And remember how the Kalos pokedex is split up into three parts? It's gonna be like that.

Then it is something like..

Alola = Kalos thus Alola pokedex = Kalos Pokedex

Melemele pokedex= Coastal Kalos etc pokedex

and so on for each island... ugh well at least it says there are "many" new pokemon in alola

In the "what Pokemon you wish would never existed" I recently called something out...

"If we are able to catch previous Gen-Pokemon, I bet we will encounter Pikachu early on, within the first 3 routes" - as part of my rant why I hate this little rodent... (

and browsing through the QR-Scanner thing guess what they showed?

right - scan QR-code -> it's a Pikachu! -> Pikachu lives here!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and Slowpoke on a beach :P

also: Lugia and Ho-oh teasered???

I have to say, the more I thought about Solgaleo, the more do I like its Steel typing and the signature attack, Sunsteel Strike.

When massive stars (supergiants +) enter the final stages of their lifecycle, their cores start fusing elements into iron, until said core becomes too large to support its own mass. Which eventually causes it to collapse and the star as a whole to go supernova.

True, that's not going to happen to the sun, what with not being massive enough (and never going to be), but it's something that makes the attack kind of cool to me anyway.

I'm indifferent to the psychic typing (just a bit bored, I guess, what with how many Psychic legends there are), and don't mind the not-fire part (stars are hot, but they're not on fire). But Steel? That's nice IMO.