Praise The Sun... and Moon - Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon

Godot

There is Camazotz in Mayan mythology, who is a bat god. Camazotz means "death bat" in the K'iche' language. In Mesoamerica the bat was associated with night, death, and sacrifice.

There were also the Minyades in Greek mythology who were changed by Dionysus into bats, but they're not that major to be called 'gods' per se.

There is Camazotz in Mayan mythology, who is a bat god. Camazotz means "death bat" in the K'iche' language. In Mesoamerica the bat was associated with night, death, and sacrifice.

There were also the Minyades in Greek mythology who were changed by Dionysus into bats, but they're not that major to be called 'gods' per se.

Well not bad, not bad

I really hope they thought up a good lore for these tribal region games

Could I maybe make a suggestion? If it's already done just please point me in the right direction.

Could we make a single locked thread with all the leaks regarding Sun and Moon that only gets updated every time there's a new leak. We can still discuss and guess future leaks and gameplay in this thread, but if you are like me and you missed a week of the forum and last week this thread had 20 odd pages and now has 40 something it's a lot to try and catch up on when I really just wanna know what else if anything was leaked? Last I saw the starters had been leaked

Edited by Genesis

• Global Mods

If you mean the Battle Frontier, I don't think so because: https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/2olmtb/interview_with_masuda_on_oras_and_why_there_is_no/

"A:This question is connected with my previous answer. We didn't put the BF in ORAS for this very reason. Interviewer's note: In short he means that they didn't include the BF because only a very small part of the players would have fully appreciated and made use of this feature; nowadays players get bored and frustrated more easily and they aren't interested in things that are so demanding/challenging."

I think the facility could possibly involve a new feature/mechanic, but I don't think it'd be the BF unless they were lying in that interview to not spoil the surprise.

If you mean the Battle Frontier, I don't think so because: https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/2olmtb/interview_with_masuda_on_oras_and_why_there_is_no/

"A:This question is connected with my previous answer. We didn't put the BF in ORAS for this very reason. Interviewer's note: In short he means that they didn't include the BF because only a very small part of the players would have fully appreciated and made use of this feature; nowadays players get bored and frustrated more easily and they aren't interested in things that are so demanding/challenging."

rip but probably true :l

What I wanna see is, what's the champion that "is something else" , the facility you'd never believe, the waterfall flowing upwards, moondial.. many things implied from xy to be in alola , and most of all, I want to see a proper timeline connection because I believe the intro of alternate timelines messed things up and we don't really have a concrete set of things that allude to ORAS being before/same/after to XY (again, that posted timeline had pics of ORAS boxes while the text wrote RS so I'm sure they meant RS )

p.s. remembering that interview, it makes no sense because half the things they claim are influenced by what fans want don't make it back/don't ever see light in pokemon games... but it sure makes the pokemon future look bleak if we assume that pokemon games will forever be made with a crapload of handholding tailored to lazy f*cks who don't know how to enjoy a game without gettin everything handed to them

Edited by Masquerain

• Global Mods

Yeah, quite a few features that people really like have been done any with or were only a gimmick for one game/a pair of games like Pokemon that follow in the overworld.

Also, I don't remember a waterfall that flows upwards being mentioned, but that reminds me of the Distortion World.

Yeah, quite a few features that people really like have been done any with or were only a gimmick for one game/a pair of games like Pokemon that follow in the overworld.

Also, I don't remember a waterfall that flows upwards being mentioned, but that reminds me of the Distortion World.

Was mentioned by a npc something like "I hear that somewhere in the world, there's a waterfall that flows upwards" Might be in couriway, but don't quite remember. Hawaii has those though, so we might just see it

also the frontier logic is so bad.... "to not get bored and frustrated" >introduces battle mansion that is boring and annoying as f

:| and yeah things like following pokemon, difficulty mode, seasons, customization are fan favorites but they haven't seen a return to more than a game (tho customization is hinted for SM) .. we won't see following pokemon in SM, nor seasons, probably no difficulty mode either. Frontiers are one of the most diverse and interesting constructions though.. it's illogical

Edited by Masquerain

And now for hibernation until the next scan leaks or trailer!

Zzz...

But yes, I agree in that having a frontier would be excellent post-game. Even if it seems unlikely that they'll do it, given the dumbing-down of the difficulty of games since DPPt.

And now for hibernation until the next scan leaks or trailer!

Zzz...

But yes, I agree in that having a frontier would be excellent post-game. Even if it seems unlikely that they'll do it, given the dumbing-down of the difficulty of games since DPPt.

Serebii has said that there will be news earlier than corocoro through twitter: http://prntscr.com/b8amkr

Regarding the battle frontier, I freaking missed that from back in my days of playing my first Pokemon game ever, Pokemon Emerald. I'm getting kind of tired of the lack of challenge in the newer games and it almost makes me wish they had a difficulty setting for when you started a new game or SOMETHING... It makes me wanna go back and play black and white 2 on hard mode! I still remember getting my butt kicked by the elite 4 as a kid in Emerald and even now I wish the game was a tad bit more difficult, especially when I pick back up the old cartridge and play it again...

... Wattson you son of a gun with your freaking magneton -.-

On topic though, as more leaks and little ideas pop up, is anyone here actually going for the popplio or is all of reborn lit?

... And don't get me started with that rowlet man, rufflet is gonna be on him like Hillary was on trump a few days ago with the stupid political attack videos.

Regarding the battle frontier, I freaking missed that from back in my days of playing my first Pokemon game ever, Pokemon Emerald. I'm getting kind of tired of the lack of challenge in the newer games and it almost makes me wish they had a difficulty setting for when you started a new game or SOMETHING... It makes me wanna go back and play black and white 2 on hard mode! I still remember getting my butt kicked by the elite 4 as a kid in Emerald and even now I wish the game was a tad bit more difficult, especially when I pick back up the old cartridge and play it again...

... Wattson you son of a gun with your freaking magneton -.-

On topic though, as more leaks and little ideas pop up, is anyone here actually going for the popplio or is all of reborn lit?

... And don't get me started with that rowlet man, rufflet is gonna be on him like Hillary was on trump a few days ago with the stupid political attack videos.

Listen here,

If the rumors are true, and Rowlet ends up a Grass/Ground type, I will seriously consider my options. I am very fond of the Ground type, it was my Nation's primary type, but I don't want it thrown everywhere. Torterra is more than enough. Rowlet ought to remain as is, but faster and stronger. I do not need it to be defensive. I've had it with defensive Grass starters.

That said, if they are indeed Grass/Flying, Fire/Ground, and Water/Fighting, I might buy the games and give Popplio a chance. I know I will regret it, but I want to remember the feeling when you choose the least liked starter. I haven't felt this way since Gen1 with Bulbasaur, and the only time after that when I had a chance to do so was Gen5, but I never played that, and probably never will, because the change in the type chart has made it hard for me to enjoy older games.

We need only wait and see. I hope not long. Gen7 is promising. I could fill pages with what I expect, and half of it would be my megas of interest. But I won't. I will wait. And as I wait, I hope for the best.

Why the dissing on popplio? BWARK wins all!

My man popplio is so lit he makes litten look like a...

(Cmon I'm gonna lose them... *sweat drop)

Like a water type!' *insert MLG edits here

Honestly I would gladly, and I sincerely mean this, pick any of the starters. To be fair I could pick any of them and feel happy. I'm hoping rowlet ends up being a very fast and highly versatile physical attacker type of Pokemon... Maybe something like a more tactical braviary if I dare say, I'm tired personally of grass types being looked at like only tanks as well! Serperior was beastly with that hidden ability and leaf storm and a little leech seed or giga drain thrown in, and maybe a dragon tail to cover its weak spots and use its fair speed to its advantage! Mega absol though.

Guys.

Don't ask my opinion on mega absol -.-. It looks nice (wish it could be a little different, but... Cmon!! Like invest all those mega evolution stat boosts into speed!!! I hated how it wasn't primarily a speed boost with a bit of a few boosts here and there in stats, attack, and maybe a few into defense with no special attack boost)

I think litten is going to be my primary choice... Just no fire/fighting or I'm gonna need someone to cry on... Wait I never said "cry" ignore that.

Rowlet is going to be anther favorite for me if it's finally a truly physical attacking grass type with some serious potential. Popplio? I'm actually good with him. I think he looks pretty awesome in my opinion, and anybody who wants to make sea lion mukluk from him needs to reconsider. I cannot wait for these new games to come out so we can get a look at the starters and their defined types and move pools! Don't worry popplio, I can help you in your pursuit of revenge against all who look down on you (WHOOOOO)

Serebii has said that there will be news earlier than corocoro through twitter: http://prntscr.com/b8amkr

That's the news we were referring to

It's entirely possible that corocoro provides different info than the ?probably? new trailer we'll see next week ( i mean it's probably a trailer if they announced times for it again)

I'm still undecided on starters, but I decisively dislike popplio . I will also hope until the end that the types of the final evos are less boring than fireground and waterfighting (yes, we don't have a lot of them but eh, they're not what I hoped for)

People were saying that Litten's patterns look like that of a sand cat.. so that could further support the fireground evo possibility... eh.. Oh well, Whatever happens, I'll choose a starter when I see the final evos. But until then, It's a tie between LittOwl

"I decidedly dislike popplio"

;-;

I swear one day someone is going to make a moveset for whatever popplio's final evolution turns out to be, and it will terrorize every last one of us in competitive matches... Rowlet is competeting for my secondary pick with popplio. I don't know why, but I just feel like it's going to look like that owl from Zelda in its last evolution, guys.

I wonder what all you could do with a fire/ground... It would need some serious water coverage though, or else popplio is going to come in and put litten out like a light with everyone who hated him watching.

Here's how Rowlet's evolutions are going to go:

Rowlet---->Blathers---->Kapeora Gaebora. Enough said.

This guy and I had the same thing in mind man, I knew rowlet was gonna become Kapeora Gaebora. He's gonna give us advice, and use sky drop on link when he needs to go somewhere.

Anybody else suspicious of popplio turning into some kind of actual sea "lion" esc monstrosity that embodies all of its anger toward us? Because boy oh boy, all popplio haters have a real Leviathan coming for them if this guy is any good stat wise later on. Kinda like with magikarp. Make fun of him now, regret it too late when that sucker gets to around level 20. That's just my thought on it anyways.

So, I know it probably has not been confirmed but do we have any sort of rough estimate on the amount of Pokemon that will be added in this new game proposed to us? I plan to begin researching further into said matter if possible.

This guy and I had the same thing in mind man, I knew rowlet was gonna become Kapeora Gaebora. He's gonna give us advice, and use sky drop on link when he needs to go somewhere.

Anybody else suspicious of popplio turning into some kind of actual sea "lion" esc monstrosity that embodies all of its anger toward us? Because boy oh boy, all popplio haters have a real Leviathan coming for them if this guy is any good stat wise later on. Kinda like with magikarp. Make fun of him now, regret it too late when that sucker gets to around level 20. That's just my thought on it anyways.

So, I know it probably has not been confirmed but do we have any sort of rough estimate on the amount of Pokemon that will be added in this new game proposed to us? I plan to begin researching further into said matter if possible.

ba8b1cd5171ba2f92421f9de6988973c.jpg

Inb4 you're gettin this :ph34r:

Edited by Masquerain

They said there will be over 10 pokemon! That means at least 11! So far we have 3 starters base forms, 2 legendaries, 1 unknown bird, 1 unknown dog and Magearna. That means the starters will only have 1 evolution and the game can end in 10 minutes :P