Praise The Sun... and Moon - Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon

Godot

In terms of a plotline, the Kanto region set the trope of what most of the series would soon follow. You can look back on it and defend it to your deathbed, but even with the limited amount of technology (and perhaps time) that they had the story itself was just boring and bland. No Pokemon since (except Gen 5) has had the gall to change up the story a bit. There didn't even have to be an evil organization or anything; you could've just been a kid going on about his adventure, performing different tasks and quests along the way.

Every game has followed that same generic plot: kid sets out on adventure, kid runs into evil org/villain at about the 1st or 2nd town, kid continues adventure whilst also butting heads against the evil org, kid eventually defeats evil org, kid wins Pokemon League, post-game stuff that doesn't even matter that much.

I don't know, maybe it's just me being a prick, but I'm tired of seeing that same formula being followed. I kind of want there to be no evil org to combat this time around and just have it be a kid doing adventuring stuff. There doesn't always have to be an antagonist/evil being to make a game good. Look at Harvest Moon.

• Global Mods

I'm pretty sure there are some that use fossil pokemon that change.

None of them ever do.

Pokemon that have been used by Team Rocket grunts: Zubat, Golbat, Sandshrew, Sandslash, Venonat (only one in Johto's Team Rocket hideout), Machop, Machoke, Drowzee, Hypno, Koffing, Weezing, Grimer, Muk, Ekans, Arbok, Houndour, Oddish, Gloom, Rattata, Raticate, Cubone, Marowak (I think just the one you battle at Mt. Ember).

If you include the scientists, that adds: Magnemite, Magneton, Porygon, Voltorb, Electrode, Ditto.

EDIT: Bulbapedia's trainer listings for Team Rocket Grunt confirms no fossils: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Team_Rocket_Grunt_(Trainer_class)

In terms of a plotline, the Kanto region set the trope of what most of the series would soon follow. You can look back on it and defend it to your deathbed, but even with the limited amount of technology (and perhaps time) that they had the story itself was just boring and bland. No Pokemon since (except Gen 5) has had the gall to change up the story a bit. There didn't even have to be an evil organization or anything; you could've just been a kid going on about his adventure, performing different tasks and quests along the way.

Every game has followed that same generic plot: kid sets out on adventure, kid runs into evil org/villain at about the 1st or 2nd town, kid continues adventure whilst also butting heads against the evil org, kid eventually defeats evil org, kid wins Pokemon League, post-game stuff that doesn't even matter that much.

I don't know, maybe it's just me being a prick, but I'm tired of seeing that same formula being followed. I kind of want there to be no evil org to combat this time around and just have it be a kid doing adventuring stuff. There doesn't always have to be an antagonist/evil being to make a game good. Look at Harvest Moon.

I am a big fan of harvest moon games too, but really, I'm not so fond of even the 3ds generation of THAT game... Since it's literally just that, farm, make bonds and pass time. There is not even that mini-plot objective in those games anymore... I would find pokemon without any form of antagonist rather dull and akin to a pokemon mmo..or even pokemon go. I don't mind them following their formula and whatnot, but I wish they'd go further with it, expand on it, introduce something new with it, and stop giving us games with no post-game

And I'm just here, hoping for nothing more than a Mega Magnezone...

Although since GF established that there are two alternate realities, one of RSE where there are no megas, and one of ORAS with AZ and megas... Do you think there's a chance that Sun and Moon will not have Mega Pokémon?

And I'm just here, hoping for nothing more than a Mega Magnezone...

Although since GF established that there are two alternate realities, one of RSE where there are no megas, and one of ORAS with AZ and megas... Do you think there's a chance that Sun and Moon will not have Mega Pokémon?

About the same chance a snowball has in hell.

It's true that alternate realities co-exist, but this is a new mechanic designed to upgrade the gameplay. There's no way they stop producing new ones.

Eh, I wouldn't put it past GF to possibly get rid of the mechanic. As the total list of Pokemon grow, so will the work that they have to do to provide Mega Evolutions for them as well. And even then, they still only have a select few candidates that they want to choose from on the list to even consider making Mega Evolutions for. It's just a larger workload for them in the long run.

But hey, that's only like a 5% chance of happening at best. It's very likely they'll keep Mega Evolutions in the next game. It's still up in the air on who they'd choose tho. I mean, they gave Medicham a Mega Evolution for goodness sake.

I'm afraid I might become a broken record if I start saying this, but I just want them to do something with Spinda. It's my favorite Pokemon in the whole damn series and it's so god damn useless. I don't care if it's a type change, move-set variations, different abilities, or perhaps (gasp!)...a new evolution for it? I'd just like to see something done to bring it to not useless levels.

I love that stupid ass dizzy rabbit-panda.

I am a big fan of harvest moon games too, but really, I'm not so fond of even the 3ds generation of THAT game... Since it's literally just that, farm, make bonds and pass time. There is not even that mini-plot objective in those games anymore... I would find pokemon without any form of antagonist rather dull and akin to a pokemon mmo..or even pokemon go. I don't mind them following their formula and whatnot, but I wish they'd go further with it, expand on it, introduce something new with it, and stop giving us games with no post-game

They did give us a decent post-game with Gen 4, what with being able to actually battle your rival every day and exploring a new area in the region you didn't have access to, as well as being able to catch Pokemon you couldn't before.

...ok, so the only glaring difference it had to other Pokemon games is the ability to battle your rival over and over again, but at least it was SOMETHING and not something you have to connect to the network to do.

Edited by DiLimiter

Well , the biggest postgame is gen2's kanto really. I wish they'd give us SOME side story as "long" as that one, even if it's within the same region (they could do like Unova and have you visit and explore the optional areas and towns in the post game)..or..or... Blasphemy!!! They could actually give all those random legendaries a mini plot!!!!

Edited by Masquerain

Does nobody want a haunted brick??????? I mean ghostrock :ph34r: :Kappa:

I want Ghost/Rock so badly!! Maybe the strange souvenir has something to do with it?

Also what do you guys think about extended berry planting system that works like harvest moon with us having our own barn. I mean we had "Dream World" in BW, so why not bring it out in the main games with harvest moon-like vibe as a side actvity?

Edited by PhantomBima

Well, we did KIND of get our own berry fields in Kalos..there was the berry mutation stuff. It was a step further from what we used to know in that we had to take note where to plant what in order to get a certain mutation and whatnot.

It's been so long since we actually had a need to use berries that I feel pretty distanced from the whole concept of them but hey, we had ORAS to revive their usage with contests

I have a good idea for a ghost/rock type:

Oregler, which evolves into Ghoulder!

They'd be your first-cave Geodude clones, but they'd get cool moves like WoW and Pain Split and stuff. Standard Sturdy Rock types with high attack and defense and decent enough SpDef and access to priority Shadow Sneak.

Tbh I really wish for a dolphin Pokemon though. It's not like they're even remotely unknown, so I don't know why the closest thing we have to a dolphin is Kyogre.

I actually did a concept art of a Narwhal/Dolphin Mon over here:

GKOcsmO.png

Here's to hoping!

Edited by Viridescent

that looks like it could be a water/steel thing :ph34r:

We are indeed missing dolphins, we are also missing..you guessed it- mosquitoes! Ahahahaha... who even cares about mosquitoes though..

We also don't have a koala pokemon... or a lynx... I'd want to see a blue jay pokemon too, or a colibri .. I'd like to see more dog breeds too

IMO we have too many dogs and cats. And I loathe mosquitoes, I hope they are never given a Pokémon incarnation else I will SWAT them all.

Although it is likely that a mosquito Mon can make its way into Gen7, as it looks like it is based off a tropical/Mediterranean place, which are full of the buggers.

Mosquitox, the Bug/Poison Pokémon, with the ability Swarm and moves like Poison Jab, Infestation, Bug Bite and Giga Drain makes sense.

And yes, Masquerain, I did make my creation a Water/Steel Mon. It's written in the top right :]

Edited by Viridescent

Why, I must say, I am blind. The faded color eluded my ever-so-observant gaze :Kappa: No but really, I'm just blind

And well, I more like meant actual dog breeds and not dog-like pokemon.. We only have lilipup and houndour when it comes to dog breeds I think... We have a bunch of cats. I'd like to see some more dog breeds I guess.. But I also want to see a cool snake pokemon (poisonsteel dragonsnake pls)

Mosquitoes, bug poison, indeed, seems legit... And I'm still hoping that screenshot doesn't mean the whole thing is tropical :X

Shinx is a lynx...

A would like if there would be some more interesting flying types, which are not all combined with bug or normal type. This is so boring. Also some pure flying types would be nice.

And of curse I always hope for new eeveelutions.