Pokemon Lifesavers

BlackEclipse

Which pokemon have you used in reborn that had saved your life?

Mine were Noivern and Shedinja. The Noivern in my first playthrough had saved me from defeats a number of times and she had successfully spawned a deep love for the pokemon. The speed and a few good moves allowed me to destroy a lot of trainers. Noinvern shall always be my baby~ <3

The other pokemon, Shedinja, had been an interesting pokemon I thought I would never use. I do believe in my second playthrough I got one to see if it was any worth and boy let me tell you that this pokemon helped me recover from pretty tough battles! Thanks to the wonder guard, I was able to troll so many trainers and restore my team. While I am still pretty neutral to the pokemon, I can safely say that this pokemon is worth picking up as a decoy so that you can recover from tough fights.

Got any stories to share on what pokemon saved you from defeat? :D

Maka (Meowstic) and Shifu (Greninja) :3 Especially on gyms (+ Travolta the Manectric on Corey's gym with Maka ; Liz the Moxie Mightyena on Shade's gym).

tumblr_nctvhlABqp1qkz08qo1_500.gif
Maka was a little Espurr girl obtained in Sketchy house. She was my third Pokemon in Reborn after Shifu and Asher (Whismur). Before she evolved, was weak, but after evolution, she learned a good moves (Charge beam, Psychic, Shadow ball and Signal beam now) and became a serial killer with her Competitive ability :D She hates to lose :D

tumblr_static_209ud9hp5ie8cwwkgw4ks0084.
Shifu is my starter Pokémon and beloved one. He saved me from many trainers, especially from Cal on Pyrous mountain. He is fast and good attacker with Protean, who will be in my team to the end.

tumblr_n7my20jwx71rcwf0xo1_500.gif
Travolta, saved as Electrike from Mightyenas in Obsidia alleyway. I first used him at Corey's gym and he killed half of his team (rest was on Maka). Maybe he is not good at his defense, but his speed and Discharge solving almost everything.

tumblr_ny9151jomx1uo9l9co1_500.gif
And there is Liz. Obtained at one alley in North Peridot. She is epic attacker with Moxie and Black belt who is not in fear from any enemy. She saved me at Shade's gym with Maka and Shifu.

Well...all of my pokemon are my "lifesavers" but most of all..is my Hariyama. It has 4 different types of attacks. The attacks are: Close Combat, Heavy Slam, Knock Off and Strength. So, it covered its weaknesses pretty well..:)

392.gif

My Infernape, Hajime. Hajime's Iron Fist Ability has been very useful for me all throughout my journey in Reborn. Once Hajime evolved into Monferno, Iron Fist boosted Mach Punches were very potent and often allowed me to decimate my foes before any harm could come to my team. One of Hajime's best moments was when he was able to OHKO Noel's infamous Cinccino with an Iron Fist Mach Punch. With a diverse moveset of Close Combat. Fire Blast, Grass Knot, and Mach Punch; Hajime is sure to come in handy in many battles to come.

Arbok: My Llifesaver vs the Pulse-Tangrowth in that moments. (Maybe was useful vs Adrienn... maybe :( )

Greninja: Well... is my starter, so not much to say.

Rapidash: My best lifesaver in the game. Constantly humiliated Fern and the only really help me to defeat Charlotte. ^_^

Vanilluxe: Two words... Mirror Coat. :feelsgd:

Teamplayer the Swampert against Serra during my current Ground Monorun. Ice being one of grounds only weakness would obviously be hard, so Swampert being able to shatter Serra's OP Mirror field plus hammer arming everything to oblivion saved the day. Plus it didn't immediately die in one hit unlike half my time

Props to my fren Sprout the Bronzong for Trick rooming and destroying Blake's and Ciel's lives. FOH weavile and Archeops and Toge.

Second up is probably my loyal starter Sceptile for being such a buddy and OHKOing anything weak to grass with Leaf Storm. NOTHING lives.

Finally my Pork, the Mamoswine... for soloing RAWRCHOMP..... with ice SHARD. What a lord.

This thread title made me think of LifeSavers.

Y'know, the candy.

Anyway, I've never had just ONE lifesaver. Each of my team members has individually carried entire battles by themselves.
(Except maybe Kingdra)
(Or Arcanine)
(Or Roserade)

My Greninja, definitely! All my pokés help a lot, but in almost every battle Greninja gives the final blow

It's high speed, diverse movepool and THAT super duper uber Protean that I love saved me a lot of times

~such a badassity

I say it everywhere, but I'll say it here, too. (Referring to Mightyena and Houndoom)

Normal playthrough:

Mightyena- Sucker Punch, Sucker Punch, and the occasional Sucker Punch.

Luxray- I'd still be on Pokemon Stopple if it weren't for this thing.

Vanilluxe- @Ciel geeeeetttttt dunked on. Two words: Sheer Cold (or Freeze Dry, since it does the same thing to her)

Fire Monotype-

Volcarona- Let's just... put it all in there.

Larvesta's contributions:

50% of Corey

16% of Serra

33% of Noel

50% of Shelly

50% of Randomus (Struggle Bug opplsnerf)

Volcarona's Contributions:

100% of Bennet

50% of Luna (due to not relearning stuff after evolving)

100% of Samson (HP Psychic ftw)

3-Turn Charlotte

4-Turn Blake

100% of T3RR4

100% of Taka

75% of Fern/Blake

Most of Solaris

100% of Ciel (Togekiss can't kill 3-Geomancy, and Talonflame didn't Acrobatics)

100% of Ciel

100% of Ciel (yes, I replayed it twice for revenge. Talonflame AI just sucks)

Blaziken-

Torchic:

1-0 Fern

1-0 Julia (why does Emolga have an item, that would have OHKO'd)

Combusken:

ZEL

Florinia

Taka

Taka & ZEL

Corey's Crobat

Blaziken:

Shade

Arceus via Rock Smash & Guard Spec

~Sitting in the PC~

Suicided to make Samson waste a heal on Hariyama so Volcarona could QD and sweep.

~Sitting in the PC~

Arcanine- Heat Wave + Wide Lens. This thing swept most of Serra, Noel, Randomus, Charlotte, Blake, Blake/Fern/Solaris alongside Flareon and Volcarona.

Flareon- Lava Plume for Arcanine's Flash Fire.

Houndoom- Surprise Attack and Purgatory. (Sucker Punch and Inferno)

Everything with Heat Wave at the time- Solaris' Garchomp. That burn hax, tho.

Edited by Cobalt996

Torterra was beastly throughout most of my playthrough. Earthquake is such a useful move in most situations.

The only time where he wasn't too useful was in cases where he was weak to the opponent, which did occur frequently, but for times like that I had other Pokemon to balance things out.

First run:

My Delphox named Wizard with its will-o-wisp shuts down many physical threats along the way especially with T3R44 despite overwhelming type disadvantage.

Fighting/Fairy run:

My Mr Mime with its dual screens help quite a lot in gym battles and my Hariyama utilized its guts to its advantage in Corey's field and took out Corey's Brobat even with type mismatch in clutch.

Wow these are all great! I do enjoy looking at all of these replies and seeing which pokemon really pulled through.

I think it's about time to share one of my new saviors! Garbodor had been the most surprising pokemon on my team, useful moves like Toxic and Toxic Spikes really helped me in some sticky gym battles. He's a keeper on my team. :D

although my Pokemon all had their "moment to shine" in my play thought there is one Pokemon that even though he is not a part of my main team helped me a lot: pachirisu.

Hands down one of the most handy pokemon ive used. up with nuzzling florina's cradily and giving me an easier fight againt her up to his pickup ability.

right now he is in the computer but he will always be a part of my team.

(p.s i called him VladmirPutin. i regret nothing B))