Will of Ice - An Ice Monorun Hardcore

Shad_

Hi guys, been a while uh?

I came back (for real this time) with a new run based on what you voted in my old Topic Poll, so an Ice Monorun in Hardcore!

The rules:

- Set mode because yes

- No In-battle items

- I can use only Ice type mons, EVEN for breeding

- I can use other mons just as HM slaves

Without further ado, let's check my team:

361.gif

Jewel, a female shiny Snorunt that'll be my ace through the game!

361.gif

Smiley, a male Snorunt!

698.gif

Aurora, a female Amaura!

090.gif

Peete, a male Shellder!

Now, let's proceed!

CHAPTER #1 - THIS IS GONNA BE HARD YOU KNOW?

9eUg7pk.png

Steffo Vs. Pretty Boy Cain!

Jewel vs Nidoran, 2 Double Team and some Powder Snow rek't Nidoran, gg Cain

HGO8S31.png

Steffo Vs. Apprentice Victoria!

Jewel vs Tepig, switched to Aurora

Aurora vs Tepig, paralyzed Tepig and then spammed Powder Snow until i won

PIVRHtH.png

Steffo Vs. Swag Jockey Fern!

1st try: Guess who got destroyed in his first try because he was underleveled af?

2nd try:

Smiley vs Lombre, Smiley tanked some Absorb/Bubble/Astonish and spammed Icy Wind, Lombre got healed 2 times but in the end it fainted

Smiley vs Lmbre, Icy Wind + Ice Shard took down Servine

Jewel vs Roselia, it's an Ace vs Ace here. Icy Wind and 2 Ice Shards were enough

post-14474-0-97361400-1369508096.png

Steffo Vs. Team Meteor Grunts Aster and Eclipse!

1st try: got wiped, THAT DAMN MAGMAR

2nd try: Oh, it happened again

3rd try: You know how this went...

6th try:

I had Aurora wrecking Magmar with 2 Rock Throws and Electabuzz with 2 Take Downs, Refrigerate is just amazing. Fern offered me some support with a Stun Spore on Magmar allowing me to finish it off for the rest he was totally useless

bdhpGQT.png

Steffo Vs. Cheer Captain Julia!

*INSERT SUCCESSFUL LOG HERE*

Yeah, Julia is just impossible with these mons (Chinchou pls) and these rules, wanted to bring you the 1st Chapter of my run anyway i missed these moments sigh

I need someone to hack me in something to counter her Chinchou because really, there's no way i can win this atm (already did something like 15 tries), don't worry i have already posted in the Request-a-mon Thread so it shouldn't take long to make another chapter...

Anyway, see ya!

Edited by AndSoThereIsSt3ffo

Good luck, your run looks pretty interesting, I will be sure to check how it is going in the near future :)

Ya Solarance tried a hardcore ice mono, and totally failed too. Don't feel bad.

To Friendly Smiles: Thanks!

To Dragon: Yeah, i saw it. I won't let this game beat me, i'll win, no matter what Cal/Kiki/Samson show mercy

well Jynx can kinda help with kiki i guess but yeah other than that nothing else. seel/dewgong can maybe help vs cal. you just need to be lucky and get the seel egg and not the cacnea egg. Anyways good luck and enjoy you mono ice run in reborn hardcore.

If you think Julia is bad wait until you see what's coming XD. But I can understand why she'd give you so much trouble. Snover is probably your best bet against that thing as Ice as such a limited options (or Lord Kyurem is you're really, really desparate). And I'd be way more afraid of Shelly then Cal.

well Jynx can kinda help with kiki i guess but yeah other than that nothing else. seel/dewgong can maybe help vs cal. you just need to be lucky and get the seel egg and not the cacnea egg. Anyways good luck and enjoy you mono ice run in reborn hardcore.

If you think Julia is bad wait until you see what's coming XD. But I can understand why she'd give you so much trouble. Snover is probably your best bet against that thing as Ice as such a limited options (or Lord Kyurem is you're really, really desparate). And I'd be way more afraid of Shelly then Cal.

To Luna: Pretty sure my egg will be Cacnea LUCK IS NOT BY MY SIDE lol, anyway thanks!

To Commander: I requested Snover or (if Njab or someone who can hack me in the mon is generous) Rotom Ice, or both if he/she is really really generous probably Kyurem is the only thing that can get me through this but is too OP sadly. Oh don't worry, i know that Julia is just the beginning, and since i have to win every major battle Solaris will be an enormous pain in the ass, along with Arceus :/

Nah, i think the most problematic will be Kiki, since Jinx is my only hope

Err...I kind of got a request from St3ffo to add a couple pokemon like Rotom and Snover, but I'm the last person you should ask because I rarely give people what they want. I also want to say that this monotype challenge can be done and here's my proof:

capture000.png

#SnoverCena

Wouldnt a Swinub also work?

Has early acces to mudsport, mudslap, mudbomb and learns icy wind at lvl 21 (if you dont mind the usage of a common candy).

Seems less OP then adding in Rotom imo.

Guess you ll need to breed him later on for a decent moveset thou

Edited by Xrada

Well the Pokemon I gave him were Snover, Castform, and Vanillite, but I'd say Castform was the only one I really, really need (Ember FTW!) Technically Castform is a normal type, but it can be an Ice type and given how limited your options are, I say anything goes for Ice Types.

CHAPTER 1.5 - QUICK NEWS + JULIA

Hi guys, how is it goin?

This isn't a proper chapter, the new one will come out tomorrow (or even later today, it depends), in fact i just need to tell you a couple things. The first one is that i finally learned how to implement mons in a save file, so from now on i'll give a hand in the forums (i'm basically referring to trades and mons requests). "Why are you informing us of this Steffo? We don't care so gives us Julia or stfu" i know someone is thinking this lol, so here we go with my second news: i finally beat that girl after ages, so i can finally proceed! Here's a quick log of my battle (really, really quick)

bdhpGQT.png

Steffo Vs. Cheer Captain Julia!

It took me 10+ tries to finally understand that without other mons it was impossible (for me at least lol)

With the ones Commander gave me i think i'll be grateful to him forever, this was a different story. Castform rekt Magnemite, Jewel both Emolga and Voltorb (but fainted because Voltorb used Explosion sigh), Chinchou got destroyed by Snover along with Heliolisk. Electrode defeated Snover (who managed to inflict some damage) and fainted due to a combination of Vanillite's Mist and Aurora's Take Down.
The proof:
9VYmi7S.png

For today, that's all! or not

Edited by AndSoThereIsSt3ffo

What if I told you I double teamed haxed my way to victory wiping both her electrode and heliolisk with that Snover.

Mist is a very popular move due to changing the field as it's a cheap way an effective strategy that works on almost all bosses. And it's my general rule of thumb to throw things at people that they'd never consider and not always give them what they want. I'm also going to enjoy watching Victoria slaughter you later

What if I told you I double teamed haxed my way to victory wiping both her electrode and heliolisk with that Snover.

Mist is a very popular move due to changing the field as it's a cheap way an effective strategy that works on almost all bosses. And it's my general rule of thumb to throw things at people that they'd never consider and not always give them what they want. I'm also going to enjoy watching Victoria slaughter you later

Just watch :]

CHAPTER 2 - C'MON I KNOW YOU THOUGHT I WAS DEAD EHEH

Hey! How is it going?

I know, i know, this should have been uploaded days ago, b-but i have an explanation for the d-delay!

In this period happened a lot of IRL sh*t, and i wasn't in the mood to play, fortunately things are falling into place well that's a lie, but i want to stay positive

Nothing to say anymore, enjoy my deep rage battles!

HGO8S31.png

Steffo Vs. Apprentice Victoria!

I expected this fight to be more difficult, i took down Scraggy with Aurora and Jewel, and then Castform in its Water form (also switched to Sunny by Pignite's Sunny Day) destroyed the rest of her team (Pignite, Poliwag, Kirlia and Makuhita) completely with Headbutt and Water Gun

qq2n9n5vdwtcq2fzg.jpg
Steffo Vs. Scrafty Gang!

1st try: uhm well Stallord was unbeatable so i got wiped
2nd try: Stallord pls
3rd try: STALLORD ARE YOU F*CKING KIDDING ME
4th try: grinded a bit, then i defeated Stallord and Dragonborn with a spam combination of Razor Leaf and Icy Wind from Snover and Jewel. The third Scraggy forgot its name sorry wasn't big deal, Aurora and Castform took care of him easily, same thing for Scrafty (Refrigerate + Take Down from Aurora was lethal).

9eUg7pk.png
Steffo Vs. Pretty Boy Cain!

At first it seemed easy, Castform rekt Grimer in no time. But then Nidorino. Dat Nidorino. Double Kick OHKO'd 4 of my mons (Castform, Jewel, Vanillite and Smiley) but then got defeated by my beloved Snover with Icy Wind (thank you Mist) along with Dewott wich..actually knows how to use Air Slash and evolved in how? 3 seconds maybe?. Aurora rekt Gastly and Venonat.

TNdDs4U.png
Steffo Vs. Meteor Admin ZEL!

Well i did that in my first try, i weakened Tangrowth with Aurora, Jewel and Smiley and Snover did the rest (Grass/Ice ftw)

PIVRHtH.png
Steffo Vs. Swag Jockey Fern!

1st try: Someone has to explain me why Ludicolo's Water Pulse confuses the foe every single time and Bullet Seed hits always 5 times
2nd: No really it's annoying
3rd: You can't be serious...
6th: Okay i managed to beat somehow Lucifer Ludicolo with Aurora and Jewel, Ferroseed was rekt by Castform's Ember and Grovyle got beaten by Vanillite's Icy Wind and Smiley's Ice Shard unexpectedly ty crits. Smiley took down Servine with an absurd luck and Roselia was defeated by Snover after some hits (Ice Shard i love you) by Jewel and Smiley.

pImnEXF.png
Steffo Vs. Head Instructor Florinia!

1st try: I defeated Cacturne, Breloom and Grotle with Peete only (Skill Link <3), then DD Harvest Sitrus Berry Tropius destroyed my whole team :D
2nd: Breloom's Drain Punch OHKO'd basically everyone
3rd: Again
6th: Nothing to say, you know how it went
10th: Alright, after ages i managed to defeat Breloom and Cacturne with Peete (i needed luck to do this btw), Grotle defeated my mon but got rekt by Aurora. Tropius tired his annoying strategy but Jewel and Smiley managed to destroy it, Cradily got taken down by a combination of Icy Wind and Take Down from Smiley and Aurora. Gourgeist was a little bit difficult, it defeated Aurora but Snover closed the match with some Icy Winds.

For this episode that's all, see ya!

Welcome to hardcore where everything is backwards XD. Yeah, I get so many stories about people being able to defeat the type their weak against, but not the ones they're strong against.

Anyways, good luck on the next few fights ahead (and I feel sorry for the 10 tries on Flobot. I though she'd be a piece of cake for you). Just be lucky Chatot doesn't have Boomburst anymore...which I didn't actually implement.

If you have Sunny Day on Castform, then you can use it to SHRED her team. Also don't forget about Amaura's Rock Type moves, those'll help a lot. So for Shelly, lead with Castform (forgot his/her name) and Aurora.

Err...a lot of Florinia's Pokemon got really bulky (such as Eviolite Grotle...that thing is not fun to fight). If you set up a Sunny Day though and let that Tropius set up even one Dragon Dance, you lose the match as you rarely can OHKO it (and it always has 75% HP due to Sitrus Berry always working in the sun). But since this is a monotype, he should really only be allowed Snow Castform given its an ice type mono. 2nd and 3rd stage mons make this fight a lot easier though.

(Just be lucky Facade was removed from Breloom)