Update to the Rules

Amethyst

• Administrators

I can feel it now; some of you are shifting nervously in your seats wondering just how much stricter we're going to get. Well, shift not, my friends. We intend to be diligent, especially with the increased traffic from randoms, and these new rules are more to help out the mods than anything.

Both of these issues were already covered under rule 1, but adding them into /rules just makes it that much easier for us to enforce them. We simply say, "Rule 5, bro" rather than "Well, ___ is covered under rule 1, so..." What that means is that for you normal law-abiding members, this isn't actually any different. :D So be at ease~

What are we looking at?

5. Respect the opinions and autonomy about and of the metagame.

Our old rule 5 was kind of a dead weight, and being that leaders will now idle upon entering, is going to be useless anyway. Consequently, as recommended by Batl Skard, we have this rule to replace it. This means: don't bash on somebody because they use a set or strategy you might think is stupid. Don't hate on our tiers. Don't hate on our league for the no legendary rule. Done and done.

9. Refrain from using derogatory language.

This is exactly what I talked about in the On Community announcement- the contextual usage of "bitches" or words like "nigger" and "faggot." Again covered under Rule 1, but this makes it easier for us to tell someone.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask, and thanks for helping to keep Reborn a clean and friendly community!

• Upvote 2

Thing is; I don't see how "bitches" is that big of a problem. Sure, it can be taken as offensive to women, but when has anyone been like "Fuck bitches" "Bitches belong in the kitchen"? We may occasionally get the "Fuck bitches, get money", but it's best to write that person off as an idiot rather than ban them. Say I'm quoting a show in which a character says "I'mma send that bitch a smiley face. Bitches love smiley faces", am I really going to get reprimanded for that? Offense can only happen someone gets offended, and within the year that I've been here, no one has ever been offended by the word

Some words can be easily misinterpreted, therefore, some users cannot be held liable, especially newer members, to anything but a warn, so I will digress and attempt to agree with Erick on this, but also split my agreement with the original post that some of these things should be quiet common knowledge and not even said in the first place.

Thanks, I like the new Rule 5.

I can see the new rule 5 getting a lot of people in trouble in the near future. And I like that. Reborn's tiering is great, makes the game more fun, and exciting. That and I get sick of seeing people being jerks, and complaining about it. As for rule 9, I think it was a very smart move. I can't tell you how many times I refrained from going on a rampage due to someone calling another a faggot, and the like.

Yay I got referenced :3.

I saw Bitches be used in both fuck bitches and various kitchen/sandwhich references. So yeah it's also a variation on what you see.

And to reply to cloud, I think all mods warn unless it's something bluntly obvious anyway.

• Administrators

Say I'm quoting a show in which a character says "I'mma send that bitch a smiley face. Bitches love smiley faces", am I really going to get reprimanded for that?

We generally do try to pay attention to context, but if it's not obvious that it's a quote, possibly.

Offense can only happen someone gets offended, and within the year that I've been here, no one has ever been offended by the word

I have. Sorry, maybe it's just my feminist side; I don't exactly agree with likening women to dogs.