"Try not to turn it into a bandwagon."

Ikaru

• Administrators

... oh Scarlet. That's not how it works around here.

Anyway, if those old men can put themselves out there then I have to show them up by being among the oldest of old men. I've been here since September 2010, and somewhat earlier than that on the server; before that I hung around on Netbattle with Inuki and some others that aren't here now or never were here to begin with. I'm 23 (so not chronologically the oldest but there aren't many people still part of this community that were here before me), I live on the internet, and I waste spend most of my time playing video games - mostly League of Legends and some 3DS games like Fire Emblem Awakening (which is currently my favorite game and probably will stay there until Fates GIVE FATES) and Sm4sh along with some occasional Left 4 Dead 2 with the crew and several addons that would disgust a non-FUCKING-NERD unlike myself - or watching weekly (or not weekly) anime sometimes exclusively for the art style or soundtrack.

I graduated high school in 2011 and have yet to get a job or start college so with the above in mind, if you were more old-fashioned, you might consider me a disappointment- don't worry, sometimes I do too. But that's fine, because for the most part I enjoy "wasting" most of my time with friends like Inuki, Tony, Wes, and Dana (and some less frequent others). I am not in a relationship and if you ask if I have a crush on anyone I will not confirm or deny it.

I'm second-in-command in this dictatorship we call Reborn but I certainly don't act like it. I also don't contribute a whole lot very frequently that's openly visible, but I do whatever I can when I'm asked to or if I'm not otherwise preoccupied. I like to consider myself reliable in place of productive, as mentioned above where I'm not in college or working, so if there's something that needs doing that I can do, consider it done.

In any case, having played the co-owner card, I'm out of things to mention off the top of my head and I've finished eating which was the only thing keeping me here before I go and mow the lawn, preferably returning alive, so hit me up. There are no stupid questions, but I may respond to certain things with potentially brutal honesty, because Titania was my favorite Reborn League leader and I like to think I've taken on some of her character - at least internally - so keep that in mind. That said, though, my bark is far worse than my bite. Don't worry too much about that.

• Administrators

Do you mow the lawn shirtless?

hell no, nobody deserves to witness that

what do you think of me

You're among my favorites of the newer... generation, I suppose is a good term. It's kind of to be expected since we've talked a lot more than I have with like 90% of the others, but, you know. Short story time: when I found out I used to indirectly play MapleStory with Dashie and how his character was leaps and bounds ahead of all of mine, I had a higher opinion of him kind of by default for that reason. Like, at the time before Reborn, I'd always briefly thought "wow, he's so popular I bet he's pretty cool, but I've never directly spoken to him, only some of my friends did." It's kind of the same thing with you except we don't have an indirect history for me to have had too many expectations for. "Huh, this person's a PO admin, I bet they're pretty important" or something of the sort. Not that that wasn't suddenly disproven or anything, but I think I tried too hard to be friendly when really I could have just been like I am now and it would have been fine.

tl;dr I like you, don't go anywhere.

Since you play sm4sh on 3ds i guess?

What characters do you use?

And last important question, do you like potato?

Aside from Ike, I tend to represent Fire Emblem with Roy, Robin, Lucina, and Marth, in that order. I also play Palutena when I feel like I need to deal with projectile spammers like Link or Megaman.

I'm part Irish, so I'm kind of obligated to like potatoes.

...okay, well, while that's true, that doesn't really have a part in it. The short answer is yes. My favorite forms of potato are french fries and mashed.

What would you say has been the best experience for you at Reborn and are there users you'd like to get to know better, both past and present.

My interactions with Titania in the season 1 league were by far the most defining moments of my time here. Anyone around then would be able to vouch for me. I can't really provide specific examples, but I bet if you searched for my name in the Victory Road subforum (where all the old league topics are now) you might be able to find some of it. 10/10 would probably do again if given the chance.

As for people I'd like to know better, it's hard to give a concrete list because there's a lot of people around here that mentioned how I'd been interacting more with people this past year in my birthday topic (and if I'm being honest that's mostly thanks to Alice because it started with her), so maybe it would be easier to ask everyone if they wanted to get to know me better, I guess? As cop-out as that sounds. If I must name a few names, there's you that I've been talking to a bit more recently, and Sheep as well. Dobby too, and... Simon for a bit, actually. I don't know, there's not a lot of people that I would actively avoid talking to (make no mistake, there are a few.) so I think anyone counts...

if they're not a liar or a faker.

Would you like to be like Titania irl too?

That's hard to say, honestly. Even just here on Reborn, I've had more than enough trouble for calling out people on their shit like she would. I won't call out any names, but, well. You know. Idk, I have this thing where I just really can't stand people that are fake or always a problem or what have you. People that always want attention or always put themselves down are pretty high on the list of things I don't like seeing and nothing annoys me more than people that will not admit they're wrong in the face of confirmed proof for the other side, and/or overwhelming opposition, but calling stuff like that out tends to cause issues more than it will make anyone realise what's wrong and do something about it. I've seen people ask "why am I still here" or say things like "I'm a fool and I'll never not be a fool" (sorry to the person i'm quoting you know i like you but this is the second thing that came to mind because i saw it today and you're not who i had in mind when i first mentioned calling people out on their shit) and, like. What, am I supposed to try and change your mind? Why ARE you still here? That's for you to figure out. And I'm not going to argue with someone who has that mindset because people gotta want to fix themselves before someone else has a chance of doing so. Validate yourself or it means nothing when the person that did it for you isn't there to do it again when you more than likely end up needing it.

But I'm inherently not very confrontational so I tend to keep that thought process to myself and wouldn't say that specifically to someone unless it's so overbearing that I snap and stop caring about hurting their feelings or something. So it would be pretty hard for me to be more openly like Titania, especially in person when it's harder than just typing words on a screen.

Would you like to be inside of Titania irl too?

FTFY

Calm down, take this blast from the past that explains why that's not a good idea.

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=162&page=4#entry5708

Didn't expect a kind of serious answer to that did you

What do you consider your most important achievement here?

... That's a good question. I don't really know if any of them are a single most important achievement. I could be a cheesehead and say "being the second person ever to beat the league for the first time" because I managed that before Bullet did, and he was basically the Kamina of old times where people would leave tournaments he joined because he was that good at battling. He wasn't very invested in the League though, as far as I can tell (at least, not nearly as much as I was), so I don't know if that's that great. I think being promoted to co-owner and being put on the same level as our overlord Amethyst herself was a pretty big deal, but, as I said at first, I don't really act like it. It doesn't ever really feel like it either. I suppose the question is "what do I consider," though, so outside factors don't really enter into it. We'll say one of those things and if I remember anything more significant I'll throw it in here.

Don'tchu wish your girlfriend was animated like me?

my waifu already is animated dobby, don't you see my first signature?

• Administrators

how does it feel to also rule over the madhouse that is reborn?

when you first joined the community, did you ever expect yourself to gain such a high title?

how did you become an admin?

how does it feel to be a part of the auth for a very long time? is the position pressuring or difficult?

also, how are you today?

do you like cake?

Sometimes it doesn't feel like much at all. At this point I'm just kind of here if the lower auth can't make a decision on something themselves, and to do site things (like the staff list I added recently) with my limited HTML ability. Don't tell Dan, but there are entirely too many tables for the sake of spacing on some of the main site pages. I do like to think I serve as a good leader-type person in the sense that I'm basically always here if needed, but to be honest, even though I'm at the same position as Ame, it very frequently feels like we're not and I always have to get her to stop things or her opinion is the one that makes the rest of us stop questioning something. Comes with the "made the game that made this place so popular and made this place in general" territory I guess.

I don't think anyone could really expect that sort of thing. I certainly didn't. It didn't take long, though. More on that in the next answer-

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=386

Another blast from the past for everyone. And a month before that is my mod promotion topic. It took like two months between those two ranks. This is all I could find regarding my admin promotion. ...Though I suppose you probably meant my current position. In that case, there's this:

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1421

... about as helpful in explaining how, huh? I guess if I had to assume anything on the matter, it would be my continued presence over the years and Ame's tradition of needing to leave around the same time each year and promo'ing an admin in her place for a while. I stayed an owner after that. Edge didn't.

ily edge

As for what it's like being here so long, I kind of inadvertently answered that already. I think it's okay though. The stuff I mentioned isn't a big deterrent. Like Erick said in his own topic, I'd be a totally different person if not for Inuki and for the internet and this place in general. I'm definitely way better now, and it's not too hard. If I'm allowed to cheat and answer part of Ody's question here, probably the only things that could have gotten rid of me were times when the staff team just could not all get along no matter what. A long time ago some of the staff members in particular had this thing where they just kind of had their little circle among us and it wasn't a continuous thing but sometimes it just really divided the team and it was hard to deal with. There's been some... conflict more recently too that was hair-tearingly frustrating - and I still get somewhat triggered when it comes up (as in a sudden desire to silence the mortal fool that dares mention it) - and I just really did not want to deal. It may be somewhat clear what I'm referring to, and if not, I'm not going into detail. Those aside, everything's generally okay. Dan Ame and I make a fine trio of best owner buddies.

Today isn't all that different from ever, so I guess I can say I'm doing alright. My lawn mowing was cut short (hahahahahahah) by the lawnmower freaking out so it's not finished and I'll probably have to do it tomorrow, but that's less melting today I suppose.

Cake is good. My mom makes them for people sometimes so I get to eat the parts she cuts off the top to make it level, if I decide to. Might do that now...

How did you stick around for all that time? Were you ever close to leaving ? (and if yes what drove you to the point) What could ever drive you out? Nothing? :P

Sort of already answered the last part(s), but I think it'd be pretty hard to drive me out of here for good even despite all that. As for how I stick around, blame Ame. Couldn't leave her on her own if I wanted to. It wouldn't work out for the community. A little something like this:

fire_community.gif

(Funnily enough I'm listening to Childish Gambino right now)

Maybe Dan's better suited to saying that, but I don't care.

In seriousness Ame helps, but there's a few people that do keep me here all the time. I'm so used to being here that it's just kind of a thing I do every day. I've been told in the past that I'm part of why the community stays together as well as it does. I'm not self-confident enough to actually think so, but it'd be neat if that was true.

• Administrators

What is your favorite food?

Why did you just ninja me with a text wall when you should be using AP?

MURICA as fuck, but, if there's hamburger meat in something I am a lot more likely to consider eating it. My personal favorite is cheeseburger macaroni (yes, like the hamburger helper stuff but not exactly) and I am very capable of eating an entire pot of it should I feel like doing so.

I'm used to my main account having 125 AP and needing 40 to do anything of value, and not fully recharging even after I'd gone to sleep and woke up. I'M SORRY. I'LL GET BACK TO WORK SOON BUT IT SLOWS DOWN MY COMPUTER SO MUCHHHHHHH ;_;

reborn wouldn't be reborn without you, ikaru \o/

we may not have talked much, but i definitely feel your presence here. c:

glad you're doing better though!

and i never knew there were temporary admins whenever ame takes a leave. interesting..

on a sidenote, which leader was the hardest to face back in the reborn league?

Thanks, I appreciate it. I'm sure others probably agree and I can feel Inuki wanting to thwack me for even somewhat downplaying my contributions. I do tend to always do better eventually, though. If my emotional state isn't absolutely neutral, it's probably not permanent. I never feel bad about any one thing for too long. And if I do, it's gone after I go to sleep.

El was definitely the hardest leader for me. His team dealt with mine so soundly it was almost unfair. He had those three walls in Snorlax, Porygon2 and Blissey, and if I wanted to get through them, I would need to set up with either Dragonite, Mismagius or Carracosta, and the moment I did that, Ditto would come in and run me over. Both of my victories over him (in normal and X-League) were only because I crit all three of his walls in the same match without setting up enough for Ditto to kill me. And I only got past his Arceus in X-League by giving Darkrai a Chilan Berry to take an Extremespeed and then put it to sleep. That wouldn't have worked on anyone else. Ugh, I hated him, especially because both times he was the last leader I needed to beat to be able to face Titania.

Because I only asked one thing

Promote a member of the server auth and a member of the forum auth

Demote a member of the server auth and a member of the forum auth

Promote a user to server auth and a user to forum auth

Is Dan a cute

• Administrators

Because I only asked one thing

Promote a member of the server auth and a member of the forum auth

Demote a member of the server auth and a member of the forum auth

Promote a user to server auth and a user to forum auth

Is Dan a cute

+DD because he's ok I guess

+Sheep because I play favorites

-Godot because he trash talks me ;_;

-...Godot is a forum mod too get him OUTTA here

+rupe because PMU BLIZZARD SQUAD and then he'll get fired immediately so it's good

+alicirno because saving for ace is sooooooo last year.

EDIT: WOW I FORGOT TO CONFIRM THAT DAN IS A CUTE

smd what does it mean?????

are you ever going to pick a champion you want to main?

Dude, I told you it means either

• Super Mega Deathrocket

or

• Super Mystery Dungeon

how many times do I need to tell you.

Consistency???? Scary????????

• Administrators

good. self-deprecation issues should be reduced, at least imo. \o/

and that's interesting. too bad i never really got to participate in the league.

on a sidenote,

if you have one wish, what would you wish for?

I don't ever really ask for much so even if I had a wish it would be pretty small-scale. Nothing immediately comes to mind. Whoops.

FTFY? (Yes that's a question).

We have yet to see, but if that does end up being the case, really, it just adds to the favorites thing.

League of Legends times now so further answers will be delayed either until later or tomorrow but keep going if you want <3

• Administrators

What is the origin of your username? c:

A friend in middle school made it for me to use as a character name on Furcadia (it was a long time ago, and where I met Edge among others that aren't here, don't judge me) since it was a thing he ... "played." My originality knows no bounds and I've used it for basically everything ever since. Sometimes I wonder if he's seen it around and known it was me without saying anything.

• Administrators

What is your theme?

>theme

>singular

>my own

dZn1ddC.png

Okay okay I can do this. You've obviously seen this before but for everyone else, I'm going to cheat and pick my favorite song because it's my favorite for a reason.

I don't know how much I buy into alternate/parallel timelines as if my life were a visual novel, but it's not really even questionable that timing is everything despite that. If I hadn't done one or two things that eventually brought me here (like meeting Inuki for one) would I be here at all? Would I eventually become the relatively decent (i hope) person I am now? ...But that's definitely cheating because it's not really MY theme and could just as well apply to anyone. uhhhh......

How about this, as a double reference in which I have an underlying interest in astronomy and also because this place tried my patience more than once-

.... no... that's a stretch. hmmmm.

Alright. I'm gonna stick with this one.

You already know this one, but enjoy it again. I can't really explain it, but I want to settle on this.

Never ask me that question again.