Street Fighter

DiLimiter

I noticed that there is quite a few Sm4sh fans out there and while I do enjoy playing the game as much as I do watching it, I'm a much bigger Street Fighter fan at heart. I was kind of disappointed to find that there was no official Street Fighter thread or anything, but I understand why that is. Smash just has a lot more popular and recognizable characters than Street Fighter. I mean, people recognize Ryu and Ken, but there's probably over a 90% chance that casual spectators would not know who Dee Jay, Adon, or Cody is.

But, that's where this thread will come in! I (and hopefully other fans of the series) would be happy to answer any questions any casual viewers of the series have. Besides that, I'm more-or-less using this thread to gauge the popularity of Street Fighter on here.

Any discussions had on here doesn't have to pertain to SFIV in particular; feel free to discuss any game of the series including the upcoming one, Street Fighter V!

Oh, little info on me: I've been playing various fighting games throughout my life, although (admittedly) I only really got interested in the FGC and what is has to offer just 2 or 3 years ago. I play Cody primarily in USFIV (Ultra Street Fighter IV) and get my ass beat regularly online. I've been trying to pick up Zangief as of recent, but he hasn't exactly been clicking. Other than that, I also play a bit of Rose and Dudley. I play a bit of Tekken, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, and Skullgirls as well.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been distracted as of recent so I haven't spent too much time with the SFV beta. In most of the games I play Alex, Ibuki, Cody, Abel, El Fuerte, C. Viper, and occasionally Ryu and Cammy. In the new game I am really interested in Nash and Laura. In Tekken I main King and submain Asuka, Steve, and Miguel. In skull girls I play Valentine and Beowulf, while subbing Filia, Parasoul, and Cerabella. And I marvel i use a combo of Dante, Deadpool, C. Viper, Frank West, Pheonix Wright, Wesker, X-23, Spider-Man, Iron Man, Captain America, Amateratsu, Viewtiful Joe, Morrigan, Firebrand, and Hawkeye.

I used to play Street Fighter 2 all the time when I was younger, but it's been years since I've played. I mained Vega and also messed around with Ryu, Ken, Balrog, and M. Bison back in the day. I've been tempted to buy one of the newer games a couple times over the years, but after playing games like Tekken (I've played all of them) and UMvC3, I just don't think the combo system of Street Fighter is as appealing in comparison anymore. Granted, I don't know a whole lot about how it's evolved since SF2 days, so I may not give it enough credit.

Anyway, in UMvC3 my main team tends to be something like Vergil, Morrigan, and Strider Hiryu. I also play Dante, Zero, Ryu, Viewtiful Joe, Firebrand, Spider Man, and Dormammu, though I haven't practiced as much with them as my main three.

I have been distracted as of recent so I haven't spent too much time with the SFV beta. In most of the games I play Alex, Ibuki, Cody, Abel, El Fuerte, C. Viper, and occasionally Ryu and Cammy. In the new game I am really interested in Nash and Laura. In Tekken I main King and submain Asuka, Steve, and Miguel. In skull girls I play Valentine and Beowulf, while subbing Filia, Parasoul, and Cerabella. And I marvel i use a combo of Dante, Deadpool, C. Viper, Frank West, Pheonix Wright, Wesker, X-23, Spider-Man, Iron Man, Captain America, Amateratsu, Viewtiful Joe, Morrigan, Firebrand, and Hawkeye.

Oh, guess I should've elaborated more on my end anyways lol. In SFV I'm very interested in Nash and Rashid, although I currently have no way to access the beta (no PS4 and my PC isn't good enough to run SFV apparently). In Tekken I'd say I main Hwoarang, although it's kind of a poor man's Hwoarang if anything. In Skullgirls I play Beowulf and Cerabella, with Big Band and Valentine as subs. In Marvel, with my limited time on it, I've scrapped together enough competance to play Hulk, Rocket Raccoon, Dante, Akuma, Deadpool, and Taskmaster, the first three probably being my strongest.

Ayyy finally someone made this thread

I really don't play very many fighting games but out of the ones that I do play, most of it is Street Fighter. i play USFIV probably the most out of all of them, where I main Poison but play pretty much every non-charge character. Makoto is my go-to in 3rd Strike, and in SF5 I have been playing mostly Ken and Vega. And finally, Street Tighter x Tekken usually sees me play a duo of Sagat and Akuma.

I have only played Marvel vs Capcom once or twice. I remember picking Charlie though.

And then in Tekken I play Bob and Lili. Bob is awesome.

Eh, I am a great fan of 2D fighters too, and I do acknowledge SF's role in making the genre what it is today... But I am more of a Guilty Gear / Blazblue guy.

Hey, to each their own. I've tried Blazblue before and never really enjoyed it on the numerous times I've tried it. I actually haven't ever played Guilty Gear before, but I'm interested in trying out Xrd whenever I get the chance. I forgot to mention that I've played a TINY bit of KoF XIII. Didn't really do much with it, but I'm sure it would be fun if I gave it more time.

Ayyy finally someone made this thread

I really don't play very many fighting games but out of the ones that I do play, most of it is Street Fighter. i play USFIV probably the most out of all of them, where I main Poison but play pretty much every non-charge character. Makoto is my go-to in 3rd Strike, and in SF5 I have been playing mostly Ken and Vega. And finally, Street Tighter x Tekken usually sees me play a duo of Sagat and Akuma.

I have only played Marvel vs Capcom once. I remember picking Chun-Li though, who is pretty much my go to for any games like that involving Capcom.

And then in Tekken I play Bob and Lili. Bob is awesome.

I never actually tried out SFxTK, but I heard that it was a meh game ruined by the system they tried to implement through microtransactions, I believe. Really interested in TKxSF whenever that comes out tho, which might be a while, might be never. Who knows?

I never actually tried out SFxTK, but I heard that it was a meh game ruined by the system they tried to implement through microtransactions, I believe. Really interested in TKxSF whenever that comes out tho, which might be a while, might be never. Who knows?

Eh, I dunno about ruined, but that's just me. The game is more casual than the others though, which is something I really like.

• 2 months later...

is this considered a necro??

anyway with the game coming out v soon i just wanted to se if people were still interested in this. im tempted to get a ps4 just for sf5 since i love love love anything street fighter. im super happy with how they made ken in this game. he has meaty hitboxes and a great long-mid game. the only thing im worried about is having to get another fightstick since my old one for xbox360 wont work anymore :<

I played Nash and Laura in the beta. I also played around with Necalli, but the beta ended before I could get into a match. :/. Rashid looks awesome. Characters aren't that hard to learn in this game. It's not like a Netherrealm or Arksys fighter where there isn't always rhyme or reason as to how a character's moveset was designed.

That doesn't surprise me. Daigo is an old dog at this point in time who is more popular for his past accomplishments. The meta to fighters are vastly different nowadays.