Street Fighter

DiLimiter

Urien finally came out, and people are mixed about him. Generally, and keep in mind this is day 1 so take it with a grain of salt, people are calling him around low-mid/high-low tier. Apparently some pro player has gone as far as calling him the worst character in the game. Honestly we need time with the character to make those kind of judgments, but to each their own.

I like him a lot. He's transitioned pretty well from 3rd Strike. The biggest thing is that people, including myself, are being thrown off-guard by a few things, including how his shoulder tackle seems so much weaker than his headbutt.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no way Urien can be low tier with how amazing his buttons are. Super long range, many lights and mediums are safe as fuck, and crouching heavy punch is a nightmare to get hit by.

But yeah, his meta needs to be developed before we can get an actual scope on where he's at. So far, we know he absolutely facerolls once he has the momentum, but his wakeup is beyond awful, even for a game with awful wakeups in general. He's forced to use EX headbutt for his only invincible reversal, and you can bet that shit is hella unsafe.

Opinions seem mixed on his Super, but he can OTG with it, so a Crush Counter sweep will combo into it nicely without the need to use Aegis Reflector to set it up.

While Tackle seems inferior to Headbutt on the surface, it has some very noteworthy properties:

• It closes large gaps quicker and safer than Headbutt
  • It's a solid ender to his BnB (Cr. HP, HP fireball, any Tackle)
  • When combined with V-skill it almost completely nullifies zoning since you can punish fireballs on reaction with the HK or EX version.
  • EX causes hard knockdown, which couples Urien's above-average wakeup pressure very well.
  • HK version can cross-up, even on block, if combined with Aegis Reflector.
  • All versions cancel into Super making it a gross hit confirm to finish the round.

Also worth noting, the Super cancels out fireballs, which means he's almost untouchable while the Super is still going (super punishable recovery, however). This priority also means that it ends up cancelling out itself in the Urien mirror match.

This man is gonna be such a pubstomper

All very valid points, and it has me rethinking the value of the move. That being said, his MK shoulder tackle is -3 on hit, so keep that in mind. His wake-up options being weak aren't going to be a huge issue for me; I play Alex already and have gotten used to lack of wake-up options. Oh, also worth to mention his EX headbutt functions the same as any DP, in that it gives your opponent a crush counter option on landing (I'm not sure about the regular versions of his headbutt, I haven't gotten to test that yet). Worth mentioning that I messed around with the mod that let Urien be playable in training a few months ago and I know I shouldn't have ever been gauging a character before he/she is released, but I'm disappointed that cr.mk isn't cancelable anymore.

And for anyone that plays on PC and missed the news, the new update installed a Rootkit under the name of capcom.sys or something along those lines. They've done a rollback on the update so it doesn't install the Rootkit anymore, but make sure that you, if you're playing on Windows, go to your System32 folder and delete that as it is a absolutely huge security risk.

Edited by DiLimiter