Favorite underrated pokemon

Honchy

...Stunfisk. I love using an Assault Vest one in OU. Great bulk, access to Scald, Discharge, Sludge Bomb and Static for statusing stuff, decent enough offenses. Hell, this thing can beat a Keldeo 1v1 (unless it's Specs Hydro Pumping you).

On 9/19/2015 at 9:19 PM, TimTim said:

Chimchar line is a little bit OP, to be honest, if any fire type is underrated, i would consider Litleo, yes, the typing is not great, but it bailed me out in pokemon showdown LC a couple times, so is my Pyroar in Rejuv~

Infernape can be OP but the reason I think it's under rated it because it not in smash and I like Litleo 2 but I agreed that it also under rated and yes the Chimchar Line is my favourite pokemon so yeah

Sceptile!!!Its been years and still is the best and coolest looking starter to me

Also the pokemon who finally got the respect it deserved:Beedrill.The coolest mega ever.just surviving one turn after sword dance and the stinger is ready for victims

Edited by Bessi

So I looked up what pokemon were in the UU list and was very disappointed to find Ampharos there. I have an Ampharos in my playthrough of Reborn named Beacon (not the most original name, I know) and he's become one of my strongest mons. I spent a long time finding the Mareep in game so I could have a pokemon with cotton guard so that I could survive a gym leader. Since then Beacon has become one of my strongest pokemon and basically carried my through the fight against Samson.

Thing about competitive play is that it doesn't always reflect single player. A lot of pokemon are designed primarily with single player in mind and competitive play second which is why early game mons with low BST even exist. A lot of players kind of forget this.

Like Ampharos has always been beast for single player ever since gen 2.

Medicham never disappoints me no matter what game it is though. PP HJK hits so wonderfully hard and while I was cheated out of drain punch this run, that move also turns him into quite a force to be reckoned with.

Lopunny getting a mega made me really happy since I always liked her, just thought she needed one more boost or evo to pull her out of early-mon status.I can't complain since her megas not only has a nice typing, but manages to actually have a decent design.

I'm between Lilligant, Mismagius and Empoleon

Back on my White journey, Li, my Lilligant, with Sleep Powder + Quiver Dance + Giga Drain sweeped so many teams.

(Including Ghetsis's Hydreigon)

Empoleon because he is the final evolution of a starter pokémon with more type resistances, and he is the only pokémon with the Water/Steel type.

Now in my AlphaSapphire Wonderlocke, i received a Misdreavus, a wonderful Misdreavus that recently evolved into a Mismagius

Calm Mind, Mystical Fire, Shadow Ball and Dazzling Gleam are such a wonderful moveset.

But i think that's Empoleon, for obvious reasons <3

Rotom-H for sure. It's an amazing blanket check to a large number of threats, yet he's not used much because SR weakness and the opportunity cost of using Rotom-W.

Shedinja's another favourite of mine, he makes such a wonderful pivot and wall. The only issue is that you have to build a team around Sheddy, which is probably why he isn't used as much