Starter

Rollin01

I started with Mudkip and it's pretty good but not that good,I heard that Torchic and Froakie are too OP so pick it if you want Power starter or just pink anyone you like and try to make it stronger as you can.have fun with the game and welcome to REBORN! :3

Water starters have rough start 'cause first gym and rival have all the advantages(grass and electric) but once you get past those obstacles, water starters can wall strong attackers~Contrary snivy/serperior is pretty great in late game, early game not so much~Overall, starters really weigh less than main game 'cause without a complete team, it's an uphill battles, read up field effects and build team around those effects are your best bet~And some starters are obtainable through events, so choose those who are not obtainable for E15 'cause i believe next update changes will be made and the starters that are supposed to be event mons are gone~

Edited by TimTim

To be honest, it doesn't really matter which starter you go with, sine they all end up being really good later on in their own way, so there's not technically a "best" one, just go with what you feel fits your style. ^_^

TECHNICALLY true,

All starters have situations in which they shine brightly and they are all "Good"

But there are certainly better choices for all around use.

Just look at Smogon's Tier list,

Greninja is in the same category as legendaries.

I will agree that you should go with what fits your style though :)

God tier starter:

Froakie,Torchic

Medium tier:

All the rest of starters not in God tier and trash tier low tier

trash tier low tier:

Chikorita,Oshawott,Tepig

well that is what i think but all starters are good in it's own way. just choose what you like. no need to worry about how stronk a starter is. if you like chikorita by all means just start with it. Also i would start with the starter which do not have an in-game event.here is a list of starters which do not have an in game event:

Froakie,Torchic,Oshawott,Snivy,Charmander,Bulbasaur(technically available if you have Episode 9),Mudkip(technically available if you have E14),chimchar and treeko. turtwig if you cant solve that annoying slide puzzle

Edited by Luna

I've normally gone with Fennekin, for it's eventual Fire/Psychic typing provides type advantages over many leaders. However, like many other starters, it may be obtainable through events. If you're stuck between multiples starters, try finding out if each is available later in game. (although Snivy and Torchic can only be gotten at the beginning.

God tier starter:

Froakie,Torchic

Medium tier:

All the rest of starters not in God tier and trash tier low tier

trash tier low tier:

Chikorita,Oshawott,Tepig

well that is what i think but all starters are good in it's own way. just choose what you like. no need to worry about how stronk a starter is. if you like chikorita by all means just start with it. Also i would start with the starter which do not have an in-game event.here is a list of starters which do not have an in game event:

Froakie,Torchic,Oshawott,Snivy,Charmander,Bulbasaur(technically available if you have Episode 9),Mudkip(technically available if you have E14),chimchar and treeko. turtwig if you cant solve than annoying slide puzzle

Agree with all of them except for oshawott, samurott can be bumped up to medium tier, its special attack rivals those of likes of regular charizard, attack is not so bad, allowing it to run mixed set with versatility, the movepools are not bad either, the only thing holding it back is the speed leaving it much to desire for~

Edited by TimTim

You'd better use the edit feature below and avoid double posting when you are trying to make another post after the fact~They dont like double posting in this forum as you can see in the rules~and yeah, modest nature contrary snivy is the way to go, modest or timid froakie are both superb, depends on what role you assign it in the team~Though, Reborn's TMs are scanty, you can only rely on leveling up movesets, and froakie line mostly learn physical moves via leveling up, so jolly nature or adamant nature would be more suitable in this game~

Edited by TimTim

• 2 weeks later...