[SPOILER] Choosing a Starter

JustAnElite

Starter Randomizer Rares  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What do YOU think is the best option to choose from? Ralts, Eevee, or Axew?

So I'm sure that a majority of us already know about the release of Version 6 of Pokemon Rejuvenation and the Rejuvenation Team decided to add in a Starter Customizer which is pretty beneficial for those 80% of Americans (including myself) who have trouble choosing a starter (pretty sure that Jan was joking lol...).

ANYWAYS

I created a new save file since Jan and the other creators really took Version 6 to a different level with a redesign of many areas and a bunch of other updates that makes this game really addicting and really entertaining and intriguing for all of us.

You're probably asking yourself, "What the f*** is your point?"

For the past 2 days, I have obtained a Ralts and a Eevee from the Starter Customizer so far but I'm striving for an Axew. Then again, the Ralts is a Rash nature and the Eevee is a Timid nature.

pls help me choose thank you so much in advance

• Global Mods

Ralts is available later on in V6, assuming you do the event that gets you access to it. I personally prefer Eevee because of versatility, but they're all good to use. Ralts has an advantage against the first two gyms, and Axew has high attack (although Rivalry can cripple it, so check its ability).

Edited by Ice Cream Sand Witch

Thank you for the advice but my decision just got a lot harder because I opened multiple Rejuvenation games and well... I got a hasty shiny Charmander in one and an adamant Turtwig in another so now I have 4 pokemon to choose from... :(

Edit: The adamant turtwig is a shiny.

Edited by JustAnElite

Eeveelutions have terrible coverage, Eevee is rather bad until it actually evolves and takes a while to evolve (since it needs either Friendship or Stones). Though if you get a female one (against all odds), you can build an entire team off of it and the Day-Care.

Gallade is...bad, Gardevoir is nothing that great either. And Ralts/Kirlia are really weak until they evolve. Though it does have the best coverage of these 3.

Axew doesn't evolve till level 38 and also doesn't have great coverage. But it has really good stats (considering it's the first of a 3-part-evolutionary-line), gets Swords Dance, Dragon Dance, a really spammable STAB and can learn a bunch of TMs (for when we actually get 'em).

Personally, I would either use the Turtwig or go for Axew. The others don't really seem like they'd be too helpful later on for the reasons Etesian listed.

Turtwig has a rough start, but naturally learns earthquake upon evolving into Torterra at lvl 32. There's also Curse, Leech Seed/Synthesis, Wood Hammer(from the move relearner in Sheridan), etc. The point is: Torterra is awesome.

Charmander, I'm more hesitant about recommending. Its level up pool is very limited. It doesn't learn any special non-fire type moves(aside from Dragon rage) without TMs or the move relearner. It can't even learn Air Slash without a heart scale.

Charmander, I'm more hesitant about recommending. Its level up pool is very limited. It doesn't learn any special non-fire type moves(aside from Dragon rage) without TMs or the move relearner. It can't even learn Air Slash without a heart scale.

Pretty much. It's "best" set IMO is a Dragon Dancing one, but the choice between DD Charizard and DD Haxorus is an obvious one.

Well, if you're a bit patient (running around), you could technically get an Umbreon/Espeon in Gearen from the get-go. Even though they get little coverage, Umbreon is still a pretty painful staller for the opponent (but Timid is terrible for it, so...), and Espeon is quite a powerful mon early on considering Venam and Keta. I think Espeon will get quite the beating later, though, with ghosty-girl, Geara and almost everything story-wise in ep.6.
LSS, I can't decide for you. It seems to me as a tie between Axew and Turtwig.

It's been two days and out of all of the three jackpot starters, I decided to choose Axew and I finally get an Axew but it is a Calm Nature. Out of all the natures... it is a Calm Nature. I mean, the boost in Sp. Def will be useful but the nature also gives Axew a 10% reduction in Attack which is horrible because Haxorus' prime stat is Attack. What do I do ;((((((

Edited by JustAnElite

So now I would need a Ditto. And how do I get a Ditto?

Here's a guide for the Ditto Event. You won't get it until a little while, but ;your Axew will be fine for the time being.

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17016&hl=ditto

Edited by ShadowStar77

If you're playing for the sake of winning fights then Axew is easily the best of them in my opinion. It has a few gyms where it kind of sucks (mostly the 2nd and 3rd gyms - for the first gym it has dragon rage and once it's at least a Fraxure it's a reasonable setup sweeper), and by the time it's fully evolved it will almost single handedly win a ton of fights. The big selling point of Haxorus is that it learns good setup moves naturally and has the right stat distribution for being a setup sweeper, which is extremely good for in game use since the AI is incompetent at dealing with setup sweepers (most would be setup sweepers require TMs that you don't have access to so there are very few viable setup sweepers to use though).

That said, if you're really playing for the sake of winning fights you may as well just go for speed boost blaziken instead and save the effort of trying to get an Axew. If you aren't playing for the sake of winning then just go with whatever you feel like because there's no objective way to answer that kind of question.

Edited by Kithros

Eeveelutions have terrible coverage, Eevee is rather bad until it actually evolves and takes a while to evolve (since it needs either Friendship or Stones)....

Eevee will evolve to Espeon (during day), Umbreon (during night) or Sylveon (knowing a Fairy Move) on Lv 14 regardless of happiness :P

Edited by Kiryuu