Task Force Buster 3[IC] Chapter 1: A New Start.

rustytengo

Shou shrugged, then handed the rapier back to its rightful owner, handling the weapon gingerly as he held it out by the blade. Once the handoff was complete, he tapped the small display on his own Device twice in lieu of a verbal command, causing it to return to bracelet form. He stretched his arms before standing, then did the same with his legs afterward. "You're probably right. It has been a pretty long day, and it's not like I'm going to get a lot of work done out here anyway." A faint note of irritation crept in at that last; being restricted from the proper facilities did not sit well with the mage.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liliana returned Eleganz to its sealed form and nodded, turning and walking away from the balcony. It was getting late, and she still wanted to write in her diary before sleeping. A quick prayer to the Sankt Kaiser, then a little self-reflection, in preparation for tomorrow.

The morning of the next day 6 A.M.

After everyone’s’ normal morning rituals’ where done, or as normal as one could be given the circumstances they headed to the training field. Upon first arriving you notice the training field was platform made up of may different hexagons in the middle of the bay with a walk way made of the same hexagons as the platform. Other then that you notice Chrono and the Liese sisters talking among themselves with two figures you haven’t seen before standing nearby. One was a blond man around Chrono’s age with a green ribbon in his hair holding a long ponytail wearing glasses and a light green dress shirt with a pair of green paints. The other was a young boy around the age of most of you with black hair and amber eyes wearing very interesting attire.

After a few moments Chrono notices you and waves you all over and begin to talk “Welcome to the Long Arch’s training field. I have some bad news for you this morning you may have noticed that Alice isn’t here and her stuff was being packed up this morning well unfortunately she had a family emergency come up and was unable to take part in the Task Force because of it. So instead last night me and the Liese sister searched for her replacement and brought him on. “He stopped talking and waved the young boy over. “This is Jin Yamiju he is a Modern Belkan user and we believe he will be a great addition to the team.”

Stopping and smiling a bit Chrono waved the other figure over. “Now let me introduce you last trainer. This is Yuuno Scrya head Librarian of the Infinite Library, archaeologist, barrier mage and part time ferret. He well be your….”

“What do you mean ferret?! I only take my animal form when I’m around Nanoha and her friends or else it would be very complicated to explain things to them.” Yuuno yelled at Chrono, with the Liese sisters laughing in the back.

“Calm down Yuuno I was only making a joke.” Chrono said with a smile. “Any way Yuuno will be your trainer in the defenses magic’s. He is much better at it then any of use so be sure to listen when he tells you something.” Chrono finished.

“Now I’m quite sure you all are excited to see what we have in store for you today?” Chrono asked with a knowing smile. “Well your training today will be a three on three mock battle!” He exclaimed. “Now the Liese’s and I need to finish up on deciding the teams so feel free to talk among yourselves and start stretching and feel free to ask ferret boy any questions you may have.” He finished with a smile as the Lieses laughed well Yuuno groaned.

(I will post the next part once everyone has posted and any small interaction is finished including anything involving Yuuno or not if I feel like cutting an interaction short. Acqui is except from this if shes not able to post)

Edited by rustytengo

Jin scowled as he was called over for introductions. He looked over his fellow members of Buster 3.

'Man... I finally make Guard detail for Lady Carim and then I'm recruited for some fricking Task Force... This sucks!' He thought. He listened to Chrono and walked over to the other members.

"Um... Hey." He said to them.

Getting up at 6 am was no easy chore for Dave. He fought the wake-up calls for as long as he could, before succumbing to the hopelessness of the situation. His ginger hair left untended and a small stubble spreading across his chubby face, he somehow managed to get to the training area without falling asleep and over into the water at both sides of the path.

That, however, did not mean he was anywhere near awake. When they got to their destination, he could only stare half-asleep through his aquinted eyes at the people around him who seemed to be talking about something, but he wasn't sure. Like it mattered right now... They should just get it over with so he could get back to bed already. He yawned loudly. As he streched, however, a sharp pain burst through his stomach and he put his hands on the biggie. Ugh, he should've gotten something to eat last night... He wasn't used to going without food for more than was necessary...

Anyways, he paid no attention to the new guy and just sat on the hard, hexagonal ground, his stomach growling as he grimaced and yawned every once in a while.

Shou gave the newcomer a desultory wave. "Hi," he responded blankly. He was thinking about the upcoming combat and trying to calm his nerves, though as usual his face was unreadable. It's just practice combat, you'll be fine. No one actually wants to blow you apart, and besides, it's a great way to view Devices in action. There's literally no reason to be nervous or afraid, unless someone doesn't know how to regulate the output on their spells. . . He continued to look out over the field quietly, assuming that any questions he had would be answered in the near future.

She was not sleepy. Leivinia was glad that she could decisively claim that. She had at least six hours of sleep so it was definitely not gonna end up like the incident that Spark seemed to have an attachment to.

But her attention was shifted to the fact that the Head Librarian of the Infinity Library was present. It seemed like a lot of people with connections to Riot Force 6 were being parts of this Task Force. Given how important these figures were in the TSAB, it was likely a sign of the severity of the threat.

But that was merely being processed in the back of Leivinia's head. She was more excited that she was meeting with so many people who had connections to Enforcer Testarossa-Harlaown. But those questions could all wait until they had downtime. In the meantime, it was probably best to introduce herself to the new guy.

"Hey, Jin! I'm Leivinia. Nice to meet you!" She let out without even a hint of restraint.

Jin frowned. It seemed the only one interested in introducing themselves was a energetic girl.

"Nice to meet you Leivinia. I guess...." Jin said still not enjoying the fact that he was here and not back at the church.

"So tell me... What exactly is this Task Force for? And why are there so many people from Riot Force 6 in this Task Force?" Jin asked. He crossed his arms. One of said arms were black showing it was his parents' weapon the Azure Grimoire working as a Prosthetic Arm.

Katsuo stood off in the corner. He wasn't intentionally being antisocial, he was just focused on strategizing. A three on three fight would likely result in him mostly fighting another low to midrange opponent. The question came down to whether he wanted to use his brute strength to keep them occupied or focus on zoning and look for an opening to burst past them with Pulse Dash and go on the offensive. He supposed it would come down to how well his teammates were at doing their jobs. Gwaedu spun about furiously, indicating her opinion.

"What, you're doubting me? Of course I can." Katsuo replied indignantly, "There's no way I'd let anyone past me, even if it means I have to go down. Protecting- Oh, I get it."

Gwaedu bounced triumphantly.

"Alright, alright, I'll give them a chance. But if it looks like we're losing I'm going to do things my way." Katsuo answered.

He wished he knew who he was going to be working with, it would be useful to discern his allies capabilities before deciding on his own strategy.

Liliana gave a cursory glance at the newcomer. She had seen him around the church rather often, but had never spoken to him. She had never sparred against him before, though.

As Yuuno explained the contents of the training, Liliana began to feel rather excited. It had been a while since she had any combat exercises, and this would be a nice chance to identify the chemistry within her team.

For now, she strolled up to Jin and gathered her habit up into a curtsey, clasping her hands before her chest.

"May the blessings of the Lady Olivie be upon you. I am Sister Liliana. I have seen you around before, but I don't believe we've ever spoken."

Jin looked over to Liliana and nodded.

"May the blessings of Lady Olive be upon you." Jin said putting his right black prosteic arm across his chest to his left shoulder, and giving a small bow to Liliana. He may be a bit of a jerk but he still had his manners that were beaten into him by sister Schach. He nodded at Liliana's inquiry.

"Yes. I've seen you from afar. When I wasn't training with Sister Schach." He said.

As you all where milling about and introducing yourselves to Jin, Chrono came over and clapped his hands together to get everyone’s attention.

“Okay the teams have been decided for the Mock Battle. These teams will not be permanent this battle is mainly so we can see how you fight and place you better.” He said with a smile.

“The teams will be spelt into the Red Team and the Blue team. The Red Team will be Dave, Katsuo and Leivinia and the Blue Team will be Liliana, Shou and Jin. The battle will end when ether one team is fully knocked out or one surrenders.” As he finished he waved to Yuuno who had left and was standing on a platform overlooking the training field. Though you really couldn’t see what he did you could assume he hit some buttons on the pad he was next, but as he finished the area around you changed from the flat hexagonal platform you we standing on to a city.

“Yuuno can explain the exact details of the field if you’re worried about anything. Just use telepathy to contact him and he should answer you, but first you all should Set Up, separate into your teams, come up with a plan, and find positions to begin at. You will have three minutes.” He finished as he left the now city leaving you all alone in there.

(The Set Up is the Nanoha verse magical girl transformation as per usual in Nanoha you will only have to really do it once. You can make it as long or as short as you like. You can plan your teams strategy either in post or through PMs which ever you prefer. Once you guys are ready let me know and you can start.)

The commander's clap snapped Dave back to lucidity, but only for a brief moment. He looked around, blinked a couple of time, the voiced around him muffled by the sleepy fog still hoistering his mind.

And then, as the commander's speech came to an end, the snoring resumed.

Unlike her teammate who was snapping in and out of lucidity, Leivinia decided to take the initiative and started the set-up before everyone else. She picked up the device off her chest and kissed it. "Severing Spark, Set up."

["Understood, milady."]

With that simple command, the girl was immediately enveloped in a sphere of blue light, a barrier that would break apart in about a second to reveal the girl standing in her barrier jacket.

But to her, time was dilated tremendously as she floated in that blue space. Her clothes started dissipating into bursts of electricity one by one, starting from her blazer to her skirt until her body was bare and the hair ties had disappeared from her hair, allowing it to completely unfurl.

Above her, the pendant split apart into two frames around which the black and blue blade portions formed as if they were being crystallized.

The girl extended her hands out to the side as two large magic circles formed a couple of centimeters from her hands. In a flash of lightning a skintight top wrapped itself around her before an abstract lightning emblem was engraved onto it. The pants formed loosely around her hips and legs before her shoes. In a single large burst, the longcoat formed around her causing the red diagonal belt to lock itself. Sets of armor formed and assembled around her lower arm, reaching from her wrist to her elbow. With her hair finally tying into a single ponytail with a long blue ribbon, she grabbed at the two weapons hanging in midair and held the one over her shoulder and let the other hand hang as the barrier blue light faded.

She then turned to the rest, eager to see what shape their barrier jackets would take.

A flash of excitement skittered across the surface of Shou's anxiety when Leivinia set up her Barrier Jacket. As nervous as the prospect of combat, even simple practice combat, made him, he was still excited for the opportunity to exercise his powers. "Alright, Caster, let's get do this. Let's say. . . 80% power, bring it down as needed." He nodded to himself, and was wreathed in an orb of a lurid teal color.

The jacket he wore was matched by a set of black pants, boots, and gold-trimmed belt that appeared in a soft flash as soon as he began setting up, the belt appearing as a glowing ring before settling onto a somewhat more natural tone. The bracelet on his arm slid forward and seemingly folded outward, the part in his hand becoming a shaped grip while the top portion rattled and telescoped forward to form the rifle-like Device. Extending backward from the weapon was an arm brace made of a black metal, and something looking like a backpack appeared on Shou's back before it too began to unfold, moving upward, forward, and backward. Shoulder plates formed at the same time that two thick columns of metal extended backward, and then those broke into five sections apiece a short distance down their length and bent over in several places, forming the skeleton of metallic wings. As those finished forming, another, larger brace extended itself over his off hand.

To finish the setup, a chestplate wrapped around from his back and protected his front, and the frame of a visor moved upward from it before detaching itself from the assembly as it finished shaping itself around Shou's head. The visor appeared in another flash of light that moved from right to left, red glass shielding the young mage's eyes. He straightened his back a bit, seemingly "stretching" his wings in the process, as the light around him faded.

Liliana glanced over at her freshly transformed teammate with an appraising eye. Wings and a visor. Very flashy. Unable to help herself, she licked her lips a little in anticipation of the upcoming combat, then mentally admonished herself. It was not right to enjoy violence.

...though the stories of Lady Olivie did paint her as a woman who loved duels and battles...

Raising her right hand, she grasped the cross around her neck and brought it to her lips, kissing it.

"Eleganz. Öffnen."

The device flashed twice, responding with a "Ja." A brilliant white light burst forth from the cross, circling her and enveloping her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hxJFP9Jj8U

Her habit flashed twice, then glowed a brilliant white and dispersed, exposing her naked body. An elastic, white, skintight shirt materialised over her torso, complemented by a pair of tight-fitting teal tapered pants and white flat shoes. A black leather belt slowly threaded its way around her waist, fastening itself. Liliana spread out her arms wide, and a ceremonial long-sleeved lime green jacket materialised over her skintight undershirt. Along the teal-coloured lining that ran from her left shoulder to her right hip, numerous round golden buttons, stamped with crosses, appeared. On her left shoulder, a golden pauldron materialised, completing the image of a duelist of old. A blue, wide-brimmed fedora appeared above her and fluttered down, resting in a tilted-back position upon her head. Liliana took up a stance: back ramrod straight, left arm behind her back, right arm held in front of her face. Elegant white gloves shimmered into existence on her slender fingers, and Eleganz opened into its rapier form in her right hand. Slowly, she brought the handguard of the rapier to her lips and kissed it lightly. As she did, the sphere of light surrounding her shattered, leaving her standing next to Shou, Eleganz held before her in battle-ready posture, her left hand resting on her hip, her right side turned towards her opponents.

Katsuo took note of both of his teammates. The girl, Leivinia, seemed to be on her toes, that was good. Dave on the other hand appeared to be essentially useless. Katsuo sighed and poked Gwaedu.

"Time to Set Up, Gee." He said.

The earring bounced in excitement and Katsuo couldn't help but grin a little.

Katsuo cupped his hand around his ear as Gwaedu began to glow red. A scarlet orb enveloped them.

Inside, Katsuo drew his hand across himself, moving from his ear to his waist. Gwaedu, now detached from his ear, followed behind. As she drew across magic slashed through Katsuo's clothing, stripping it off him. His hand moved again, launching Gwaedu up over his head. As she went up, a new shirt coated his chest and arms, this one a scarlet matching his aura. Periwinkle jeans attached themselves to his legs, a simple black belt fastening them tightly to his waist. Above him a magic circle appeared and moved down over his body, a white trench coat with red speckles on the back forming over him. His hand moved once more, coming to a position that looked ready to strike. Inside it, Gwaedu grew out into a rod, a spiked black ball forming at the end. To finish off, black fingerless gloves and dull red boots formed around his hands and feet. He took his right hand and ran it through his hair as the scarlet faded.

Mere moments after it formed, the scarlet orb faded. Katsuo stood there, Gwaedu held in a ready position. His hand finished its run through his hair and he brought it to rest at his side.

"Gwaedu, Set Up complete." Came the metallic voice of Katsuo's device, "Big Brother's combat potential is at 73 percent, correction, 74 percent."

"That's two percent less than last time," Katsuo mused to the ruby gem in his mace's handle, "Can you compensate by extending the handle a few millimeters? My lower arm may be a bit tight since it's early."

"That seems likely." Gwaedu emitted a short whistle and the mace's head shifted slightly, "Big Brother's combat potential is now at 76 percent."
It was nice to hear Gwaedu's voice, she was the only family Katsuo had. The sound of her voice made his heart leap, sometimes he wished she would talk to him outside of combat. But he knew he loved her best exactly as she was.

Done with Set Up, Katsuo turned to Leivinia.

"Alright, I'm outputting at 76% of my best. I don't tend to go over 78% in mock battles, not enough real danger to put my body into full gear, but if I directly up Gwaedu's magical output I can probably manage a bit more to make up for the deadbeat." With this last line he jerked his head at their napping teammate.

"Well, we should probably be sure to make sure he's at least alert or else he'll end up being taken out in an instant." Leivinia let the hanging blade become a blue light and dissipate in a flash of lightning. "By the way, I'll focus on taking down the other aerial mage. He'll be the most dangerous enemy since he'll be focused on bombardment."

She then turned to Dave and started rocking his body. "Come on, wake up. Otherwise you'll be knocked out on the training field easily."

The sun shone in the distance of the green horizon, while Dave relaxed in his favourite, oh-so-soft chair on the porch of the house he worked so hard to earn. Ha! More like, worked nothing to earn it. Drink in his hand and a straw hat over his eyes, he relaxed like that, just... doing nothing. On the table next to him, a half-eaten, bulging sandwich and a few empty plates sprinkled with crumbs, the sandwiches he already ate that morning. Or was it afternoon? It didn't matter, all that mattered was that he could just laze through his days...

From inside the house, over his shoulders, a voice reached his ear and his chair began to rock. Strange, was his chair a rocking chair? He never noticed. A-anyways, he lazily turned over to face the door and respond to his lovely maiden's calls. "Come on, wake up." She called for him. Typical her, always there to disturb his laze. Wait, since when did he have a wife?

The chair began rocking more violently, with such force that Dave had to hold on tight as to not fall over from it. The clouds began gathering, the glass fell out of his hand and broke on the wooden porch. Two girl creeped up on his sandwich and stole it. The twins. Wait, what?

He fell off the chair and straight to his nose.

-----------------------

Dave woke up, laying face-down on some city street he didn't recognize. His nose hurt. Just what was...

Oh, right, the blasted 6 am training. Just as he realized that, he grumbled, as he the thought of who woke him up finally came to his brain. "Sure, I'm up, I'm up." He grumbled as he pushed himself up on his feet, looking at the girl next to him. "So... what's going on? And why's there some winged dude over there? Am I still sleeping or something? *yaaawn*"

"We're doing a mock battle, Dave." Leivinia failed hide her confusion as to why Dave lacked any motivation. "You really might want to start the set-up before either the battle starts or one of the instructors starts to use force to get you moving." Leivinia could only hope that he would listen so that the latter would not occur.

"A movk battle?" He yawned, squinting at the girl. "Like, in teams? Then... hmm, we're in a team?" This was rather sudden for his tired brain to fully comprehend. And he had to Set-Up too?

"And, considering the setup..." He scratched his chin, yawned again, then twanked the little cross in his ear with his index finger. *transformation sequence censored for obvious reasons* The blue gem lit up for a second before it began emanating light, and next thing you knew.... there was a silver gauntlet on Dave's right hand, extending up to his elbow, as well as a bluish cape on his back. The rest of his clothes also changed into a sleeveless shirt and dark-colored pants, with a belt tied around his waist and around a metal loop on his back under the cape, splitting into two and over again to his front where the two parts connected around another metal loop on his plexus and tied down to the waist again. He wore a black glove on his other hand, and a couple of belts tied around the palm of it. He streched and scratched his armpit lazily. "At least this still fits me."

Turning to the girl, he grinned. "There, happy? Now, who's on our side and who ain't?"

Katsuo walked over to his newly awakened ally.

"It's the three of us together against the other three." He said, struggling to keep his voice level, "So, what can you do? My focus is on mobility and battering people into submission. Although my defense is weak, so I'll be in a pinch against a mobile enemy with significantly more range."

This last sentence was accompanied by a small nod towards Leivinia; thanks for her offering to counter the enemy's aerial bombardment mage.

"Unless that gauntlet of yours is secretly housing a cannon, we've got no bombardment of our own. But due to the battlefield being a cityscape, I do have an excess of mobility and can attempt to serve a similar purpose. I recommend that I be matched against the least mobile of the enemy so that I can look for openings to quickly move and assist you both with your fights."

Gwaedu added her own voice to the conversation, "Big Brother can only make a move if mage Fukui is occupied. Please try your best Mrs. Brunel."

(OOC: In case I didn't mention already, Gwaedu's voice is English)

Oh, right, yeah, he was in the team with the jerkface. Why couldn't he have been in the time with the hot Church chick or something? That would've been more fun. The only girl in their team was just that, a girl. Ugh...

Andways, to the issue at hand... As he listened to the jerkface talk, Dave could just feel it all just pounding against his still tired brain. What he understood was that this guy had the nerve to complain about stuff and was wasting his breath snarkling things about taking the least mobile enemy on and stuff like cannons hidden inside gauntlets. What did 'bombardment' mean again? Was it like... bombs? Gah, he couldn't think straight yet. In any case, Dave would snicker and stretch himself up slowly like some sort of an overgrown sloth. "Yeah, sure, I got a cannon right here. Not. Are you crazy? The only thing this antique piece of crap is good for is shields, barriers and that stuff, and that goes for me too. Don't expect me to fight, I'm best when standing around and deflecting the enemy attacks. And I'm good at what I do. You just keep 'battering people into submission' and I'll keep you and the girl safe, but mostly the girl. And if you fall, I'm surrendering, because why should I bother with it if I can't even attack them properly? You can't expect much from the tired, hungry me. If you want results, then get me some food. So at least I can chow on something while you get your ass handed to you, haha!"

And with that, he grunted with self-satisfaction at getting to contradict the jerkface's plans (there's plenty of twisted satisfaction in hating on someone you dislike, as well as anything they say or claim, ha)...and then yawned again.

"A defensive type and a glass cannon…hmm…" Leivinia pondered over a multitude of strategies in her head. "Aside from the obvious and more difficult to pull of stealth option, I think me keeping Shou occupied would be optimal. At least, if I can get within a certain range, I should have no trouble taking out a long-range fighter like him. Though, conversely, if I'm taken out before I can reach within his range, our team is screwed."

["We can take him out, milady."]

"Well, Spark is confident and I have confidence in the skills I've built up in the AAS so I should be fine. You two need to figure out how to deal with the other two and I'll assist once I'm finished with Shou."