Task Force Buster 3[IC] Chapter 1: A New Start.

rustytengo

Liliana narrowed her eyes at the Admiral's slight smirk. Starting with a bang, huh... Taking into account that look...

Liliana quietly reminded herself to sleep lightly with Eleganz close at hand tonight.

As they arrived at the living quarters, she was somewhat taken aback by the spaciousness of the place. Back in the convent the rooms had been slightly more crowded, mainly due to the need to house a large number of adherents. To have a room shared by only 3 people seemed a bit wasteful to her. She turned to her compatriots.

"Which beds do you want? I'm okay with any. I don't mind sleeping on the floor too, if you'd like to use one of the beds for placing luggage or other things."

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I was just wondering how free our access to the device workshop will be." Shou would be more than somewhat annoyed if he wasn't allowed to tweak Hyperion Caster when he pleased, though he wasn't above sneaking into the workshop, or obtaining the tools he required elsewhere. Out of the corner of his eye, he noted Dave already claiming a bed, notably the twin and not one of the bunks. Good. He's already shown himself to be a bit erratic, and now I don't have to deal with his sleep patterns.

Leivinia was definitely excited. But, she needed to calm down. The first day of training with new combat instructors was generally a tough experience since she would have to get used to the new instructors' teaching style.

She was going to ask about where the training uniforms were but she figured that she could probably find them in the room on her own. "I have no questions."

With that, she kicked off her shoes and walked into the center of the room and looked around. "I think I'll take the top bunk, Liliana," she said before rolling a chair over to the window, cracking the window open and sitting down.

There was something quite soothing about the waters and the cityscape in the view of the window.

Katsuo tensed slightly when Professor Connors said his name.

"I'd appreciate if you would refrain from using my given name, sir." He said, "I try to reserve it's use for my closest friends."

Which basically meant Gwaedu, and she never spoke. It was honestly rare he heard that name outside his thoughts. He shook those thoughts off, best to not think so much about names, training needed to be his focus. He was no weakling, but he certainly needed to be stronger if he was going to be part of a special task force.

• 2 weeks later...

Girls Room.

Well Leivinia and Liliana where figuring out beds Alice got a phone call.After a few minutes a very worried Alice hung up and went to talk with Aria. Once Aria was told what was going on her face turned worried like Alice's She turned to the other two girls and speaks. " A personal problem has happend so I will be taking Ms. Alice to talk with the Admiral. Sorry about this, but you have A hour or so tell lights out so please enjoy it." Aria finished as the to left to speak with Chrono.

Guys Room.

As Lotte was a bout to speak the voice of Maria came from behind her "I can answer that question Lotte." Maria said as she walked into the room carrying Gwaedu. "Everything is fine with her if anything feels off the speak with the my father." she said well handing her back to Katsuo.

Turing to Shou "If you require the use of the work shop make sure that either me or my father are there as well and if you wish to take anything out of it you need to gain permission from either the Admiral or my father. Sorry for any inconveniences that this may cause you, but my father can be quite eccentric about his workshop.. Most of his equipment is custom made for him so it could be quite dangerous if you used with out someone there to assist you with it." She said doing her best to remain proper well trying hide her annoyance when talking about her father.

After Maria left the room Lotte started talking "Okay if that everything enjoy youselves and don't forget that lights out is in about an hour so have fun. Because what Chrono has plan tomorrow won't be." Lotte said as she walked down the hall.

(first off sorry it took so long. second feel free to interact or whatever now. yes the girls and guys can interact with each other as well. their just on opposite sides of the building right now. things like the cafeteria and stuff are usable to y'all tell "Lights out" once everyone goes to bed i will post the next morning. once more no need to rush or anything this part so have fun)

"See you around, Alice!" Leivinia waved to the girl who was being taken out of the room to elsewhere. As soon as that was done, she got up out of the chair and went up to Liliana at a distance many would call too close for comfort. "So, Liliana…I'm going to head over to the training area to get a nicer view of the city skyline. Do you want to come with me?"

Shou's mouth twisted in obvious displeasure, further accentuated by a sigh. "As if I'm going to impale myself or some such." He glanced down at the sealed form of his device for a moment, then turned to the older boy next to him. "Um, do you want the top or bottom bunk?" he asked. If he was totally honest with himself, both of his roommates intimidated him to an extent, which could likely be heard in his voice if one listened carefully. The other guy is big, yeah, but Himura isn't fat. I hope they don't reasonably expect us all to do well in CQC... If that was indeed the expectation, then each of them would probably have to spar with the others; something that simply wouldn't go well for someone of Shou's stature.

As he laid there, on the bed, spreading his arms wide as he grabbed the soft blanket, running it through his fingers as he pulled it on his chest, his conciusness started to drift away. The voices around him turned muffled as the lights grew dimmer with every moment. The two hot cat girls didn't matter anymore. What they were saying didn't matter either. The only thing that mattered was him and the bed. He felt drained from today, he felt tired and hungry and lazy...

And soon enough, his eyelids dropped ever so slowly and he fell asleep to the sound of footsteps leaving the room. "Mmmmmmm..." He mumbled in his sleep as he curled up, not even taking his shoes off as he raised his legs on the bed, taking a fetal position around the blanket he still held tight on his chest.

Dave fell asleep ~

Liliana simply stayed and stared as Leivinia leaned into her and spoke at an incredibly close distance. She was, naturally, surprised, but she made no external reaction. After all, there seemed to be no hostile intent.

As for the other girl's offer, however, Liliana was certainly willing to comply. She, too, was rather interested in the city view.

"Ah, okay. Please take care of me tonight~"

Without much thought, something rather suggestive was unconsciously said.

In the end, the somewhat suggestive nature of what Liliana had blurted out did not matter. Leivinia ignored the subtext completely.

"Alright! Let's go then!" Leivina said before grabbing Liliana's wrist and running out of the room, closing the door behind her. As she made her way down and out of the dorm, she continued to run to the training area.

After finally reaching the corner of the road, she let go of Liliana's hand and leaned onto the metal railing that prevented anyone from falling over the edge into the water or the training area entrance.

It was odd for Leivinia. In front of her, she could see a body of water. However, further in view was the sight of many buildings within a large city. The sight of the lights illuminating the city off in the distance was an odd sight for the girl. As someone from Ruwella, Leivinia could not help but admire the sight of the city off in the distance, a sight she had never seen before.

"It looks nice, doesn't it?" She asked Liliana without turning around.

• 2 weeks later...

After Katsuo indicated he'd be taking the bottom bunk, Shou set his things on the top one and opened his bag up. He withdrew a couple small tools and what looked like a pair of glasses with little telescopes on the lenses. I just need some peace and quiet with Caster here after today. The boy thought about the tour for a moment. The workshop sounds more irritating than it's worth, and is probably busy right now regardless. I'd be willing to bet that no one's visiting the practice field right now, though. He nodded a farewell to his remaining conscious roommate and headed through the hallways and out of the building, pausing occasionally to think of the correct direction to travel in. Along the way, he asked his device to read him the results of the earlier diagnostic, and she acquiesced quietly, with Shou's occasional grunt or nod in response.

He was paying more attention to the information he was recieving, so he got within clear earshot of the two already looking over the practice field before he realized they were there.

"It looks nice, doesn't it?"

Jumping slightly at the unexpected voice, he looked up and saw the two women standing quite close to one another. "Uh, am I interrupting...?"

"Uh, am I interrupting…?"

Leivinia heard the sound of another person coming up from behind them and turned her head back to see Shou coming up to the training field area. "Fukui…Shou, right?" She spoke trying to recall his name.

"Nah, you're not interrupting anything. We're just watching the city skyline from here. Do you want to join us?" She asked while giving a smile.

• 1 month later...

"Um, sure." If he had been totally honest, he would have declined, but even he was aware enough to realize the scene he must have made earlier. At the moment, being alone with his device was preferable to company, but as long as these two didn't make excessive amounts of noise they couldn't be that bothersome. Besides, it could be interesting to have a conversational partner other than Caster. "It is Fukui Shou, by the way," he confirmed in a neutral tone.

He settled into a cross-legged position after moving a bit Leivinia's left. He could have dangled his legs over the edge, but he wanted to be able to focus on his device. However, he had to admit; the view of the skyline was quite nice from his location, even if it was something he'd seen before.

Seeing Fukui sit down, Leivinia followed suit and stared off in front of her with a wistful look. "It really is a nice skyline. You never see this kind of view back in Ruwella. Even Port Town was never this bright and pretty. Though, I guess that's the kind of thing you live with when you live on a world that has little to no magic. Though I can't say I was never fond of life on that planet…"

She then shook her head a bit and looked at Shou. "So, what about you, Shou? Where do you come from? Which unit of the AAS did you come from? Were you an Aerial Mage?" Leivinia asked, beginning a rapid-fire of questions to the boy next to her.

Shou looked a bit startled at the sudden outpouring of words, prompting a warding gesture from him before he answered. "Uh, okay, in order:

I'm a Midchildan native. I've never really been to another world, but I think it would be pretty cool to do so. I guess there should be plenty of chances to do so, especially on a special task force. My family's nothing special, I'm not poor or rich or anything like that.

I spent most of my time in a training unit before they scouted me for this. If you want total honesty, I'm very green, as they say, but I'm good with Devices. I'm an Aerial Mage, too, though I still need to practice more complicated maneuvers. Uh, maybe we should figure out each other's specialties? I mean, we're probably going to do that tomorrow, but I enjoy talking about magic." His voice had displayed a hint of irritation at the barrage of questions initially, but it quickly faded to a neutral, almost monotone voice once again.

"Well, interplanetary travel can be a hassle in and of itself. It's part of the reason my parents never visited Vaizen after we moved to Ruwella." She sighed before chuckling a bit. Leivinia found the boy's seeming laser focus on magic to be quite reminiscent of her own focus from back before she met Fate. I wonder if I looked like this to Miss Fate back then.

But with that thought roaming in her head, she decided to relax her shoulders a bit and oblige the boy. "My own specialties are close to mid-range combat as well as quick aerial maneuvers. I fight with…actually, it might be more fun to just show you." She said, before getting up off the ground, patting the dirt off her clothes, and then pulling her sealed device off from around her chest.

She held the device close to her mouth, kissed it, and said, "Severing Spark, Device Mode."

["Understood, milady."]

The two black-and-blue blades immediately formed in her hands while sparks of blue lightning flickered around the blades. "As you can see, I wield dual blades."

Shou raised an eyebrow at the display. He hadn't been expecting a display of Devices already, though he had been close to unsealing his own simply for the purposes of working on her. "Interesting Device. So you use the Modern Belka system, then? Unless you were raised by nuns or something, I don't know. Dual blades are an interesting choice, not particularly practical but you might be able to make use of the extra blade within the Belka system. . ." He trailed off for a moment, frowning in thought. "But that's for you to figure out, I suppose."

He brought the wrist carrying the inactive Hyperion Caster closer to his face. "Are you sure everything's good to go?"

The Device's response was what sounded like an exasperated sigh. "Of course. What do you think they did earlier, disassemble me?"

Ignoring the pointed question, Shou spoke again, this time a command. "Might as well show you as well. Hyperion Caster, Device Mode, but save on power." The rifle-like construct appeared in his hands with a flash, the bracelet vanishing at the same time. It looked a bit large and heavy for its wielder, but it didn't appear to give Shou any trouble. "I mostly focus on bombardment, though I try to be ready for any situation." A note of pride entered his voice. "I built Caster mostly by myself, and she's perfectly suited to my style. At least, I'd like to think so."

"You learn to get used to the weapon in your hands after enough practice. Though your own device does not seem all too wieldy itself." Leivinia chuckled before she let the blade in her left hand it turn into blue light and dissipate. "But you're right. I'm a Modern Belka Style user as well as a lightning converter."

"Though, unlike you, I didn't build Severing Spark myself. I've never actually met someone who actually built his own device. Are you thinking of becoming a Device Meister?"

Shou shrugged. "She's built more for precision inputs than ease-of-use. I figured that a design principle biased toward the latter doesn't make sense when it comes to a system that's only ever going to be used by one person. I do want to be a Device Meister someday." With this line he lowered his gaze from Leivinia to look at Caster, pulling what looked like a jeweler's screwdriver out of a pocket with an awkward-looking lean not atypical of someone in a sitting position. He proceeded to poke at the device in his hands and occasionally make some minute adjustment, any details of which were lost in the darkness of he night. "I don't have a mana conversion affinity, though I always thought the topic was somewhat interesting, you know, why do some mages have them and some don't, that sort of thing. Haven't really studied it much though; it's not really important for an aspiring Device Meister. I figure that the more I learn about practical magic, the better Devices I can create eventually." After a beat, he added, "Not to imply that mana conversion is impractical, just that it's not something everyone has, so it wouldn't make sense to study it a whole lot."

"I would say that it's the exact opposite. I have quite a minimal understanding of device manufacture and maintenance processes, but certain devices are built specifically for Mana Converters." She then looked to Severing Spark and started to drop a release command. "Severing Spark. Mode tw…"

But she interrupted that command and paused to think for a bit. "Nah. It's getting late. I'd rather not stay up at night and show off her other modes. That can wait until training tomorrow. Last time I stayed up late and played around with magic, I ended up collapsing on the training field…that wasn't exactly my highest point." She said before giving a chuckle.

["Would you like me to bring up footage of the incident, milady."]

"I'd prefer it if you didn't, Spark."

Edited by Hiss13

While Liliana was gazing into the distance, reflecting on her sinful thoughts of the day, it seemed that at some point, the other two had started speaking of devices and device theory.

Liliana did not know much about device theory, just the bare minimum required to maintain Eleganz - and that wasn't a lot. One of the advantages of the Ancient Belka system was that the Devices used were generally simple and efficient, so easy to maintain.

That said, it seemed that the boy - Shou - was aiming to be a Device Meister. His device was definitely Mid-childan, so he would likely have had very few opportunities to examine an Ancient Belkan device, given the scarcity of their users. And it couldn't hurt to make more friends, ja?

Of course, part of her action was motivated by an innate, childish desire to show off her close companion as well. An impulse that she recognised and chastised herself for even as she indulged it.

She nudged the boy to get his attention, then clasped her hands together in front of her, as if in prayer.

"Eleganz, Device Mode."

In a clear voice, the cross around her neck echoed out a simple "Ja", before shining and radiating a light blue glow. Liliana held her right hand in front of her, fist clenched, arm forming an L-shape with her torso. Her back ramrod straight, she placed her other arm behind her, the curve at the elbow also forming an L. A moment passed, then a long, thin rapier materialised in her grip. Its hilt was a brilliant gold, engraved with numerous intricate carvings. The blade itself was a shining, shimmering blue, and otherworldly blue, with a crystal-like appearance, with carved white glyphs along each side.

Placing her left hand on the flat of the blade, she changed her grip and proffered the Device to Shou with both hands.

"...for your research."

Shou's eyes widened at the offer. "Thank you," he said simply, with a deep note of gratitude. He reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out a pair of glasses with magnifying lenses on them to more closely examine the Device with. "Caster, Standby form." She acquiesced wordlessly, returning to bracelet form as Shou took Eleganz with his own left hand, laying the blade across his lap gingerly. "I haven't really had a chance to look at an Ancient Belkan device before, this is really interesting. . ." There were definite similarities between the Device and the ones he was familiar with, but also fundamental differences. He fell silent as he peered at the weapon more closely, ensuring that he handled it with care.

While still holding Severing Spark in one hand, she stared at Eleganz which was now sitting in Shou's hands. She had never looked too much at an Ancient Belka-style device before. In her frank opinion, it did not seem far too different from most other devices barring the ornate designs that were definitely indicative of something one would see at a Saint Church.

"Agh…guess it was too much for someone like me to just be amazed at someone else's device. That kind of thing was never my specialty." She said before sighing slightly. "But given that your device form is a rapier, I assume that your fighting style centers around a sort of fencing-type style. Am I wrong?"

"Ah, uh, well, I don't quite know what fencing is, but..."

Surprised by the other girl's sudden interjection, Liliana fidgeted a little and stuttered as she answered.

"I specialise in speed-based close quarters combat, focused on exploiting openings and maintaining a well-rounded defence. Eleganz is optimised for speed and efficiency of magic consumption. She's not as flashy or sturdy as other Ancient Belkan devices, but she's my reliable partner. Right, Eleganz?"

Liliana looked fondly upon the rapier as it replied, "Ja, Meine Freundin."

Another close combatant, huh? Leivinia thought to herself before her thoughts were cut off by a certain AI.

["Milady, it is starting to get late. It's already past 11 PM."]

"Egh. Guys, Spark's right. We should probably head back to our rooms. I don't wan't to end up collapsing on the first day of training because I did not get enough sleep." She said to the other two.

["Are you certain that you don't want me to bring up footage of the incident?"]

"I am absolutely certain, Spark. Switch to sealed mode." With that, the black and blue sword turned back into a pendant which she put around her neck again.