Task Force Buster 3 a Nanoha-verse RP[OOC]

rustytengo

Eh, it doesn't feel that dark to me, I mean there are some parts involving a whip but that's about it so far

Allow me to bring back a series of quotes from the ANKL OOC thread~

To be fair Nanoha isn't that dark. If you ignore the illegal human experimentation/reprogramming/child abuse/cloning/mass destruction/shooting-one's-own-sibling-in-the-eye bits.

You forget the corrupt government and unethical practices by said corrupt government and its top officials combined with all of the slowness that comes with such a large bureaucracy...as well as the ancient wars, unstable magical artifacts that can devour worlds, and so forth.

and multicolored friendship lasers that can take out cities, impalement, hand bursting from chest, torture, mental anguish.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, it doesn't feel that dark to me, I mean there are some parts involving a whip but that's about it so far

Also, sorry Rusty, but I may have gone and made some edits to Katsuo's appearance, nothing too major, mostly just changed his casual outfit and made him tall

its doesn't hit you in the face all the time like Madoka does, but compared to most Magical Girl anime it is. Lets face it Nanoha wins by being a magical tactical nuke not purify the enemy or whatever.

that's fine i will get around to changeing in the OP sooner or later

Rusty! You added my unedited application to the OP ><

You should post this one, which is from page 2 where I tweaked it:

Name: Theotman Elvan "Dave" Davies

Appearance: 179 cm tall, weighing 128 kg, it is no surprise that Dave isn't really skinny. Let's be honest, he's overweight, but he doesn't care. Food is his passion, after all. He sports unkept, dirty orange colored short hair and some unshaven beard. He usually wears a sleeveless hoodie and long, skin tight dark grey pants. He needs to wear knee support over his left knee.

His Barrier Jacket, or actually, Knight Armor or even more precisely, Clothes (because his device materializes as an armor), is a dark grey undershirt and black pants, adorned with brown straps across his body, all connected to the belt around his waist, while his left arm is where Beisrydd, his device, materializes in its active form.

Personality: Rude, snarky, lazy and uninterested, somewhat aloof. Dave loves food, to the point of eating almost all his free time. In any case, that's only the exterior of his personality. Inside, he still has that twinkle of knighthood passed down through generations in his family, although it rarely shows.

Magic System used: Ancient Belkan

Mana Conversion Affinity (if any): N/A

Color of Magic Circle: Dirty Orange

Device Name: Beisrydd

Device Appearance: Sealed: While sealed, Beisrydd appears in the form of a silver cross shaped earring implanted in Dave's right ear.

Active: In its active form, Beisrydd encases Dave's body in the form of additional armor in the mode called the Rüstung, or armor form. The armor is a brilliant shining silver knight's armor on his shoulders, legs and joints, also covering the upper part of the ear it once stood engraved in in the form of the silver earring. The Rüstung mode was additionally implemented into Beisrydd, replacing the Schild mode and to provide better barrier and shield control as well as better protection. The core of the device is on his right hand in the form of a silver gauntlet, adorned with the cross visible on the Belka style magic circles. The cartirdge system is also located in the gauntlet.

There is one more mode for Beisrydd, and that is the Breitschwert, or Claymore, in English. It is a huge 1.9 m long, two handed bright silver sword formed from the device armor encasing Dave's body in the Rüstung form, with the cartridge system installed in the middle of the sword, just above the guard. Dave has difficulty wielding it for combat, and even more so because this mode sacrifices his defense in order to be able to materialize the huge sword.

Background: Born in Northern Midchilda into an ages long bloodline of proud and mighty Belkan knights, Dave had been raised strictly since his infancy to follow in the footsteps of his predcessors and serve the Church as one of the knights. What this included were everyday practices of magic, mana control and wielding his device, Beisrydd, the weapon of his late grandfather which had been implemented (with magic, so that it couldn't be removed; it was a method to reach higher levels of synchronization and to ensure the safety of the device) into his ear as a sort of earring, slowly synchronizing itself with Dave on a much deeper level. Soon, he would become incapable of wielding any other device, save for Beisrydd. He was forced to train night and day, taking various tests and exams from time to time in the church to further help guarantee his future which was already set in his father's eyes. (Dave, however, only showed exceptional level of skill in programming defense spells, while showing no talent for direct combat using the 'Breitschwert'. The Church wanted him because of his exceptional reserves of mana, but they didn't know is that his magical potential is, in fact, low despite the high reserves because he has difficulty controlling the mana output, and requires the constant use of cartridges in order to properly use magic.)

This is where problems arose.

You see, while his father was all into the knightly stuff, stupidly loyal and all the other things considered sacred in the knightly code, Dave was nothing like that. Dave was lazy, slow, clumsy, rude, gluttonous (he just loved eating, ever since he was little) and soon grew to be rebellious towards his father and the Church which were forcing him into a future he did not want. As he grew from a clueless child into a somewhat self-aware teenager, Dave came to think with his own head, instead of just following his father's orders. He started opposing his father and the everyday practices, masses and the fate imposed upon him. He grew ever more distant from his duties, much to his father's dismay, skipping practices to go wander the cities with the gang he came to call his friends, slowly falling further to the edge of society. And he loved opposing his father, like any other stupid teenager. It was fun to roam the streets, fun to stuff himself, fun to do all the prohibited things his stupid father never let him do. This adittude of Dave's brought forth the rage of his father and many arguments ensued, some of which ended in actual fist to fist combat, where Dave was, of course, always overpowered. He still has issues with his left knee from when he was only 14. Still, he enjoyed making his father angry and his misdeeds only grew larger in scale. This kept on until he was 17, when his father finally snapped. It was a scary confrontation and Dave would never forget how his father drew out his sword at him. He would have probably ended up dead, had it not been for Beisrydd's intervention, which gave Dave a chance to run away.

Dave ended up alone, on the streets, with only Beisrydd at his side to keep him company, and he hated the thing's metallic, German voice. Even though it was Beisrydd who saved Dave by activating, it was still an object of hatred as it was given to him by his father. In any case, after around a year of barely making it, Dave decided it was enough and went towards the Bureau to sign up. Maybe it was the hunger, or he was just fueled by his anger towards his father, but he signed up, using Beisrydd to demostrate his prowess with magic, and they accepted him as a recruit. He demostrated the vast knowledge of history and other subject he earned throughout the years of studying, but he also dmostrated his lazyness and disrespect towards the authority. Several times he tried slashing off the part of his ear which encased Beisrydd, but the protective magic around it never let him. He also tried wielding some of the Midchildan Intelligent Devices just to get rid of Beisrydd, but he could never synchronize with them properly. One night, after around a year of struggling with the Bureau and almost getting himself kicked out on several occassions, he ended up accepting his current state of things. It came like a sort of illumination, a sudden realization, perhaps because he was no longer a child. He came to drop the senseless grudge against any and all authority figures and came to accept Beisrydd, actually starting to feel thankful that the device had always been there for him. He became exceptionally dilligent, slowly gaining reputation in the Bureau and he even went and got an upgraded mode for Beisrydd (something he never wanted to do because he just wanted to ditch the thing), obtaining the Rüstung mode on his device. They actually broke through the security placed on Beisrydd in order to do that, so Dave is able to take the cross off his ear (although the implant which holds it is still irremovable from the ear). He specialized in defense magic and reached the level of it that nobody could look over.

Actually, he was that good with defense that they picked him out for a special unit, the Task Force Buster 3 at the age of 21, mere 4 years after joining ~

Edited by Bfroger6

so the IC thread is up the next post i will make in it will be after everyone has had a chance to post. so it will probably be up after i get home tonight from D&D. Though after that they will be a lot slower since i have to go back to work tomorrow.

So, I kinda want to wait for Kosher to post before making my next post (so either rusty or I can get the car moving) so if any of you guys want to add to the conversation feel free to do so.

Edited by Hiss13

Well, that's up to you~

I'm sure the others will try and convince your character once you get into the car.

EDIT: Since Rusty isn't here at the moment, he has given me permission to get the vehicle to start moving since everyone has gotten on.

Edited by Hiss13

Lolz, Dave's just cranky at you kids for being younger than him ~ c: Just crack him a little and he'll be your soft, huggable panda bear <3

You know what I'm more surprised at? None of you cherishing the blessings of food bestowed upon us! D: Don't you realize we can now stuff ourselves and maybe even pressure the less-eatey ones to give us their food as well! It's like heaven!

The oldest one just got called out for being juvenile. XD

Aside from the time Leivinia got kidnapped by child traffickers, she's lived a pretty privileged life where food was never a concern. But that's a story for another day. Plus, she's kinda been a member of the TSAB for a few years so she already expects the accommodations~

so to let y'all know you can decide when your character gets off the vehicle. once everyone has i will make a post having y'all get back to Long Arch, but don't rush it this part is for character interaction and group dynamics creating and part to help me make a decision on something that will happen on the next day of the RP.

Edited by rustytengo

How are you gonna shield the guy who's in front of you smashing the crap out of everything before it even gets to you owo

Also, if Katsuo's temper gets too hot I'll have him reach his stop so don't worry too much about that