Pokemon Regal

mde2001

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Okay I think that it is time for an update (sorry for the double post).

I have completely remapped the external Iris Ward (as it kinda sucked before). It not is much better (I hope). I can post a screenshot if people are interested.

I have also resprited most of the characters (they don't suck as much now). So E2 should be better than E1.

Given that I haven't been given any feedback on balance and difficulty I'm going to assume that it was about right.

In terms of episode 2 content I'd say I am about half way there. I've mapped a fair bit (but not all) of the areas that I need two and have got a bit of a way into the eventing of the story.

However with working on the animations project and school stuff E2 is not going to come out for a little while. My current estimate is having it out around mid November and I'll try my hardest to stick to that. If it isn't possible I am sorry.

That's all for now.

Okay, that bring me on to a different point with the gym. It is meant to be hard but is it too hard? Larvesta is quite a strong mon and life orb may be a bit too powerful.

I can slightly nerf Madeline if people had too much trouble with her.

Okay, that bring me on to a different point with the gym. It is meant to be hard but is it too hard? Larvesta is quite a strong mon and life orb may be a bit too powerful.

I can slightly nerf Madeline if people had too much trouble with her.

Flame Plate or Expert Belt might be more plausible for her held items, cause those items increase power by 20 percent while Life Orb is 50 percent~

I won't mention the graphics because everyone else already brought it up and you said you're going to fix that in time. So, I'll move on from that.

I agree with Master Menos, a power orb for the first gym battle is too powerful. With the power orb and the flame charge, it can kill all your Pokemon too fast. Maybe replace it with something else? Players may want a challenge, but that's a little overkill.

When you go battle the biker guy in front of that house, there's a spelling error that is distracting. It's something along the lines of "I you want to pass, you have to battle me." Just add an f to the first word to make if. I got what you mean after I figured out what he wanted to say. Also, can you fixed the locked doors? What I mean is when trying to enter a locked door, the player steps on the door then the 'door is locked' appears. It'd be good for the player to stand before the door, not on it.

That's all I have for now. I may come back and edit my post for more things I find. You're doing a good job so far. I think the story is interesting and you're doing your best learning how to do this.

Edit: I just remembered, when I was evolving my Fennikin, the screen turned white and I thought my file crashed. Can you add sprites or change the background color? It's hard to see Pokemon evolving.

Edited by Fantasy Warlock

• 2 weeks later...

Okay. Update time.

I've been spending a bit less time on this with the Animations project and school but progress is still occurring. Here is the remapped section of the Iris Ward. I think the mapping is a fair bit better now.

vJSRspa.png

I'd say overall progress for E2 is 55% or so. It is going quite well overall.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll try to improve all of the things you have mentioned.

Well, it is time for another graphics update. Here is my updated version of your (irritating) rival Ruby. I think that this is a big improvement.

sp4r4rR.png

jE0crHw.png

Any feedback is welcome.

It's a very big improvement indeed, but I can't help but feel that her torso is...choppy.

I think the outline needs working on in that area.

Other than that I'm liking the sprite!

Well, it is time for another graphics update. Here is my updated version of your (irritating) rival Ruby. I think that this is a big improvement.

sp4r4rR.png

jE0crHw.png

Any feedback is welcome.

XD huge improvement lol but you might wanna fix the torsos outline it looks a tad like you cut a bit out of her butt

• 1 month later...

I've played up to the first gym, having a bit of trouble with the butterfly lady but I'll figure it out.

Now, I'm no RPG maker expert by any means but I just wanted to tell you how I feel about the game up to this point.

Now, don't hate me for this. I'm a pretty blunt and straightforward person IRL

The graphics aren't the greatest, there are several instances where you can see the void outside of maps and several houses where you can walk on top of doors and empty space that just makes me squirm a bit. You can fix the void issues by either expanding your map a few tiles or simply turning on Snap edges in the debug menu, and you should see about adding more objects or anything to the houses to make them less roomy.

Also the character sprites need work but I'm sure you've been told this already. They seem really flat, Like a Art class drawing. I'm no spriting expert neither but I'm sure there's someone who can help you with that.

Other than those problems the game is pretty cool, you stop paying attention to the lack of detail after awhile since the story really is interesting.

This game has some major potential imo, just needs a bit of fine tuning.

It is just the first episode so I'm sure you'll improve things as you're going along.

Well I guess I should do a bit of a progress update.

I'll admit that working on the redemption league and the reborn animations project this has taken a bit of a back seat so progress has slowed a little. That being said, progress is still happening.

I've fixed up (most) of the external areas of the episode 1 content and done a fair bit (but not all) of the mapping polishing. Most of the sprites have been updated however this does not include the overworld ones at the moment.

In terms of new content I've added a fair bit of it and am nearly done with the main areas.

So overall, I think that episode 2 should come out in early to mid January all things considered.

And Enigma Shot- at least in terms of my game, be as blunt as you want. Blunt feedback is often the best way for me to identify issues within the game and improve it. As long as feedback is constructive I don't mind how harsh it is. So I definitely don't hate you :D

Question = Is there a chance there will be megas in regal and will there be a chance for gallade to be a vailable pokemon to get? cuz gallade is my 1# fav pokemon (p.s only chose shiny hydreigon sprite cuz it looks cool i mean hydreigon is good i just hate it gets demolished by fairy type)

• 2 weeks later...

Question = Is there a chance there will be megas in regal and will there be a chance for gallade to be a vailable pokemon to get? cuz gallade is my 1# fav pokemon (p.s only chose shiny hydreigon sprite cuz it looks cool i mean hydreigon is good i just hate it gets demolished by fairy type)

It took me a while to answer this but the answer is yes. There will be megas but not early on. They will come at a much later date but will be available at some point.

hey, i haven't played this game yet(i'm gonna wait until the next release) but you seem like you need some help with sprites?

if you want i could do some for you. i haven't done much spriting but i think i'm pretty decent at it?

here's one i did for ruby:

tumblr_o090cpup161uxula9o1_100.png

and here's a bigger version of it:

tumblr_o090cpup161uxula9o2_r1_250.png

i kinda changed her design a little bit, if you don't mind. i liked the green and yellow but not with the red and purple, and i added some little details to her shirt.

soo what do you think? can i help out?

also should i have messaged you privately about this instead of posting this on here? i'm new here i don't know these things lol

Edited by lis

hey, i haven't played this game yet(i'm gonna wait until the next release) but you seem like you need some help with sprites?

if you want i could do some for you. i haven't done much spriting but i think i'm pretty decent at it?

here's one i did for ruby:

tumblr_o090cpup161uxula9o1_100.png

and here's a bigger version of it:

tumblr_o090cpup161uxula9o2_r1_250.png

i kinda changed her design a little bit, if you don't mind. i liked the green and yellow but not with the red and purple, and i added some little details to her shirt.

soo what do you think? can i help out?

also should i have messaged you privately about this instead of posting this on here? i'm new here i don't know these things lol

Wow! You definitely have talent!

I'm going to think about this for a bit and I'll PM you about this in a few days. I had planned on making this game completely by myself but having someone who is as good as you would probably make the game a lot better.

Either way I'll PM you and thanks for the offer!

A couple of things to report that I did not see here (unless I skipped it over :P):

You can walk onto the pokemart counter in the big... lab area..? and talk to the attendant from the counter. (Great Hall of Regal)

Every locked door, bar none, allows you to walk on it, then tells you the door is, in fact, locked, rather than blocking you from walking on it.

No fade out/in plays when people leave your presence via plot warping. Not an issue, but you might want to add it in later, and I think it'll be easier when there are fewer events.

The custom battle sprites (Exertion, rival, etc) are opplsnerf. In all seriousness, what are the chances of a homage to those? (i.e. your hall of fame picture)

EDIT: Savefile location is PokemonEssentials, instead of PokemonRegal. I'll just... blindly, naively assume it's just a simple renaming issue or something.

And now, the obligatory sarcasm line that has been mentioned one way or another.

The player character is too awesome for this game. Not only do we look like Picasso drew us and Michelangelo sculpted us... you see, as long as you stand still or walk, you project an entirely palpable telekinetic barrier that obliterates and reconstructs anything you walk over, all without producing sound or causing fatalities. I know we get superpowered animals, but... psychic powers are just way cooler imo.

Edited by Cobalt996