Version 6 - Those We Lose

Jan

Found a massive bug in the early part of the game. If you don't save before this happens you're screwed.

I discovered an error in the early part of the game when you're in that pink cherry blossom forest. If after you pass this bridge for story purposes and you try to go back over it AND THEN RETURN BACK FROM THE SAME SPOT, there are two squares that if you step on your game will give a strange message and then crash. To be specific, here's what happened:

-Progressed PAST this bridge to the point where you fight the weirdo thief in front of the cave, without beating her yet

-Went back over the bridge to the entrance of the area WITHOUT LEAVING ON THE TRAIN

-Went back OVER the bridge and if you step on either of these two (not the third) squares at the end of the bridge, get this error and game locks up indefinitely

Image for representation and message attached:

1iAiATo.jpg

Edited by Shadolance

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umh, I have a question.

This is my first time updating the game from V5 to 6.2

When the download finishes, if I just start the game normally on the 6.2 folder, will it load my save file i had on v5?

It's no different. The save file will be in each updated version game.

Umh, I have a question.

This is my first time updating the game from V5 to 6.2

When the download finishes, if I just start the game normally on the 6.2 folder, will it load my save file i had on v5?

It would, but be careful tho, make sure you finish the V5 storyline before proceeding to update your files to V6.2, as V6.2 is vastly different from V5,or else you will get stuck, been there done that, didnt read notes from Jan and made the fatal mistake~

It would, but be careful tho, make sure you finish the V5 storyline before proceeding to update your files to V6.2, as V6.2 is vastly different from V5,or else you will get stuck, been there done that, didnt read notes from Jan and made the fatal mistake~

Okay, there shouldn't be any problems then. If something bad happens, i'll come and cry over here.

And one last question:

Can I delete the v5 files if the game runs perfectly on v6.2? I would believe I can, but I'd rather ask.

Okay, there shouldn't be any problems then. If something bad happens, i'll come and cry over here.

And one last question:

Can I delete the v5 files if the game runs perfectly on v6.2? I would believe I can, but I'd rather ask.

Save first on V6 before you deleted the files as you will have back ups in C drive~

• Global Mods

I was just wondering, does Texen have a signature move? I know all the other gym leaders have one, but since Texen is a joke to us at that point in time, he didn't get any moves in against me. Did anyone battle him on his level and see if he had one?

Edited by Ice Cream Sand Witch

I was just wondering, does Texen have a signature move? I know all the other gym leaders have one, but since Texen is a joke to us at that point in time, he didn't get any moves in against me. Did anyone battle him on his level and see if he had one?

hmm thats actually pretty interesting haha, I wish I had some Lv 40s and battled him like that lol, instead of blowing him back with Lv 60s. Idr him having a signature move, but I would assume it would be Keta's signature move tho

Edited by Milotic

Maybe he has one (he can just copy Keta's), but thanks to the 15+ level gap, he doesn't really have much chance to ues it.

• 3 weeks later...

Where can i get tyrouge in version 6? I can't find the suicide note house in sheridan village anymore.

I believe you can get it as a wild encounter in Marianette's mansion.

How do I properly complete the help center quest where I have to steal the item from the Kecleon Merchant at route 2? Obviously I tried it the straightforward way, not a good idea, I can take out lvl 100 Kecleon through confuse ray, leech seed and sleeping powder combos but this will shoot my ivysaur's (well, venusaur's in this case...) level through the roof. So I figured, "hey how about those natu in the cave? They got teleport right?" So I got one, I stole the item and then teleported back to the village. But there's nobody at the center to hand the item to and I cannot complete the quest.

save befor taking it and hope you pop near the ladder

Ah, thank you that worked. Though I have to admit I was a tad disappointed to find out that my method didn't work, so much time spent on finding and catching a natu cause they teleported out of battle every time.

last help quest in the game atm called ???? in the town with the ice queen in (jan's best friend)

to find the move tutor then to gym 2 town to use her tho at night

Edited by lokighost