Choose the best story

1) You were never interested in becoming a pokemon trainer. One day you and some pals went to an island and one of your friends was the evil headmaster of the cliche bad guys. He then leaves you and kills your other friends huehuehueheu. You will probably be on the island for quite a while until you find the HM surf to surf away from the island. So you will fight ghosts as replacement for trainers for exp and probably that part of the story ends up at lvl 30 beating some high altar ghost from the island. Then you go back to your region and put a stop to the evil organization. There aren't any gym leaders but there are admins like in pokemon XD. Special Themed Admins Teams like sunlight team with Ninetails, Volcarona, Venasaur etc.

2) The hood: You decide that being a pokemon mastah is tight yo. They will see you as the alpha swag male. Basically a world corrupted by drugs, killers. You must form a gang to take down some gang leader that controls all the drug around the region. There aren't any gym leaders but like the one before it has special theme teams. Like for example the jaw themed team with Aerodactyl, Feraligarth, Krookodile, Tyrantrum, Aggron, Gyarados, Arcanine etc.

3) You're dad wants you to be a doctor and engineer because it's something that he finds you capable of. On the way there you get addicted to pokemon battles and your dad tries to stop you so you don't ruin your life. Some evil dude kidnaps your dad and it's your very long quest to save him.

4) The pokemon college. You probably won't leave the college but in there you will find the toughest trainers in all regions. Basically ALL of your battles will be as hard as gym leaders. You will be able to catch wild pokemon but nothing that good and then you get to choose one good pokemon each 5 levels so choose wisely. Exp gain would kindly be double.

I would love to have the power to be able to create a game but I just want to see if my ideas are good enough.

Sorry for grammar.

Poll

http://vote.pollcode.com/32219817

Edited by Revengercm

1) You were never interested in becoming a pokemon trainer. One day you and some pals went to an island and one of your friends was the evil headmaster of the cliche bad guys. He then leaves you and kills your other friends huehuehueheu. You will probably be on the island for quite a while until you find the HM surf to surf away from the island. So you will fight ghosts as replacement for trainers for exp and probably that part of the story ends up at lvl 30 beating some high altar ghost from the island. Then you go back to your region and put a stop to the evil organization. There aren't any gym leaders but there are admins like in pokemon XD. Special Themed Admins Teams like sunlight team with Ninetails, Volcarona, Venasaur etc.

2) The hood: You decide that being a pokemon mastah is tight yo. They will see you as the alpha swag male. Basically a world corrupted by drugs, killers. You must form a gang to take down some gang leader that controls all the drug around the region. There aren't any gym leaders but like the one before it has special theme teams. Like for example the jaw themed team with Aerodactyl, Feraligarth, Krookodile, Tyrantrum, Aggron, Gyarados, Arcanine etc.

3) You're dad wants you to be a doctor and engineer because it's something that he finds you capable of. On the way there you get addicted to pokemon battles and your dad tries to stop you so you don't ruin your life. Some evil dude kidnaps your dad and it's your very long quest to save him.

4) The pokemon college. You probably won't leave the college but in there you will find the toughest trainers in all regions. Basically ALL of your battles will be as hard as gym leaders. You will be able to catch wild pokemon but nothing that good and then you get to choose one good pokemon each 5 levels so choose wisely. Exp gain would kindly be double.

I would love to have the power to be able to create a game but I just want to see if my ideas are good enough.

Sorry for grammar.

Poll

http://vote.pollcode.com/32219817

Hey Skys here! ^_^

Here are my opinions on your ideas

1) Pretty cool idea, though why ghosts? Has nice potential,but I really think this idea is very dependent on how you build your crazy friend as a character if this is a story about revenge. Nice idea definetly has potential but ultimately depends on your ability to build a character.

2) Pokemon: 7th Street I like it. Makes your game pretty unique from the other ones. it also lets you explore a whole different side of a pokemon world only shown briefly in Reborn. You can explore so many different things like the black market, pokemon trading, the hood, and all kinds of crazy stuff. I think this one has highest potential.

3) Honestly it kind of reminds me of Rejuvenation with the whole save your parent thing. I know it's different but that's the vibe I'm sort of getting from the brief description your giving me. I really wouldn't go for this one, it feels kind of cliche and I don't think it has too much going for it. But then again the description is literally 2 sentences.

4) Interesting. This has potential, it's definitely a unique idea. My biggest issue that a story might be a little difficult to create. Honestly in my opinion this could be very good or a complete mess. It depends on how you execute it.

I personally would go for the Pokemon: Hood Version it really has a ton of potential in my opinion. Heck thinking about the possibilities sort of makes me want scrap Revelation and work on this idea. It opens up a bunch of different things to explore and provides a really unique world to build. The betrayal one isn't bad but it really depends on how you build your crazy friend and his organization. The college isn't bad either but I honestly have no idea how your supposed to create a story from that. I wouldn't go for the save your dad one, gives me a rejuventaion vibe.

I would personally combine 1 & 2. You're some street trash who was never interested in pokemon and was simply just trying to get by in life and had no real moral compass. One day you get caught up in the crossfire with an evil organization and lose some friends, being saved only by, of course, one of three starters.

Yeah. If I made the hood one I would end up making it serious/violent/comedy parts all over. There aren't gun in the game so they would use Hydreigons to kill minions if they failed their mission. It explains how bad the world is.

I would personally combine 1 & 2. You're some street trash who was never interested in pokemon and was simply just trying to get by in life and had no real moral compass. One day you get caught up in the crossfire with an evil organization and lose some friends, being saved only by, of course, one of three starters.

I made up my mind with this. Thanks. Not exactly what you've said but something close.

Hey Skys here! ^_^

1) Pretty cool idea, though why ghosts? Has nice potential,but I really think this idea is very dependent on how you build your crazy friend as a character if this is a story about revenge. Nice idea definetly has potential but ultimately depends on your ability to build a character.

2) Pokemon: 7th Street I like it. Makes your game pretty unique from the other ones. it also lets you explore a whole different side of a pokemon world only shown briefly in Reborn. You can explore so many different things like the black market, pokemon trading, the hood, and all kinds of crazy stuff. I think this one has highest potential.

3) Honestly it kind of reminds me of Rejuvenation with the whole save your parent thing. I know it's different but that's the vibe I'm sort of getting from the brief description your giving me. I really wouldn't go for this one, it feels kind of cliche and I don't think it has too much going for it. But then again the description is literally 2 sentences.

4) Interesting. This has potential, it's definitely a unique idea. My biggest issue that a story might be a little difficult to create. Honestly in my opinion this could be very good or a complete mess. It depends on how you execute it.

I personally would go for the Pokemon: Hood Version it really has a ton of potential in my opinion. Heck thinking about the possibilities sort of makes me want scrap Revelation and work on this idea. It opens up a bunch of different things to explore and provides a really unique world to build. The betrayal one isn't bad but it really depends on how you build your crazy friend and his organization. The college isn't bad either but I honestly have no idea how your supposed to create a story from that. I wouldn't go for the save your dad one, gives me a rejuventaion vibe.

Spot on. I can't drop a vote because all of them show promise, it just depends on what the OP is capable and willing to do in terms of immersion and story.

Edited by IvoryOwl92

Hey Skys here! ^_^

Hey I'm not sure if I can use RPG maker xp from steam and use essentials. I kind of want to wait for a sale since I'm not starting this until xmas where I have a huge chunk of free time.

I can make the whole story on paper.

Edited by Revengercm

• Veterans

Hey I'm not sure if I can use RPG maker xp from steam and use essentials. I kind of want to wait for a sale since I'm not starting this until xmas where I have a huge chunk of free time.

You can. I bought it via steam as well, and I can use essentials just fine.

Just throwing this out there. 'The hood' one has been done about a 1000x now. No thanks if you ask me.

I've played several Pokemon fan-made games, including RGSS and ROM hacks and I have yet to see one that is all about 'The Hood' lifestyle (drugs, gangs, crime-lords, underworld activity, etc). The only game I know of that comes close to that is Reborn with its street gangs and even that is barely touching the surface of what it could be... but I haven't finished it yet so I don't know how far it goes into that topic. Hinting at a life of crime and dedicating an entire game to it are two different things... at least as far as I see it.

Edited by IvoryOwl92

Honestly I think all four of them are pretty dull, but if I had to pick I'd pick the fourth because it reminds me of Pokemon Ranger!

Truthfully, those were kind of my thoughts as well. Storywise, nothing seems to particularly stand out as "Wow! That would make a great story!" which doesn't necessarily mean a bad thing. Honestly, I'd have to go with the fourth one too because the other ones are really bland. But I guess I can kind of give my thoughts on the full ideas:

1. When you use cliche in and idea, that already raises red flags. Also, killing for the sake of killing is rarely a good thing. I mean Rejuvenation had that intro, but there was reasons behind it iirc (I haven't gotten very far). If you are going to go with this idea, I wouldn't kill the friends and kill only one at the start. That adds characters to the cast and you can slowly learn more about them while the story moves forward, rather than to just kill them. If you go through this idea, I suggest revisiting it and redoing a lot of what you have planned to expand on it.

2. Not one I'm particularly fond of and the way you presented it gives me the impression it won't be what people are expecting. If you're going to do that one, create a different goal outside of being a champion. I don't see this one being too successful.

3. One word: Cliche. There's too little info there to even give you suggestions. And pretty much every RPG has the adventure started by having someone important to them captured (not every, but you know what I mean).

4. First off, don't make every battle super difficult. It'll only make your game drag on. The idea may work, but I feel the game would be very short if it stayed only on a campus. There's a lot that can be done for it though. It might be a fun project if you want to start jumping into the game developing world though as it seems the least amount of effort.