[OOC] Pokemon: Sins of Avalon

Sutoratosu

So just a quick question regarding the pseudos/minor legends in regards to Monotypes just out of curiosity. Say someone was to do a Water mono. Would you allow them two minor Water Legends (say Manaphy and Phione) to make up for the fact that they could not have a pseudo do to thwir type limitations, or would that simply be another challenging modifer placed othe players themselves for chosing to Monotype it out?

Dammit I had a character with a Water mono in mind.

Guess I can change it since Magmortar is tempting me to pick him as my starter.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it isn't supposed to be a contest in any way, but what is the word count on you guys with the backstory? I think I put a good 1k in mine in the very least, maybe about 1200, but that was about everything important I needed to cover rather than drone on and on about pointless BS.

Edited by Darvan Korematsu

Even if a backstory is succinct but long that still does not make it immediately better than one that is shorter. What matters is what is written and how well it blends with and defines the character.

Damn, I thought mine was pretty thrifty, but it all totals up to 1149 words. Boy oh boy how the time flies when you're writing and you really get into it.

If I get really bored over the next few days, I might attempt to draw my character, just because the hype is real. Key word being attempt because I am not the best artist, but I should hopefully be able to draw him fairly okay.

Also what's with this "Prison" tag I just noticed? Are we the accidental prisoners? Are the gods themselves tethered to this land in a way that limits them? Are we the wardens? Dang it, noticing little details that haven't been explained just raises even more questions.

just like to interject for everyone above: I am judging for more than just backstory alone.

Damn, I thought mine was pretty thrifty, but it all totals up to 1149 words. Boy oh boy how the time flies when you're writing and you really get into it.

If I get really bored over the next few days, I might attempt to draw my character, just because the hype is real. Key word being attempt because I am not the best artist, but I should hopefully be able to draw him fairly okay.

Also what's with this "Prison" tag I just noticed? Are we the accidental prisoners? Are the gods themselves tethered to this land in a way that limits them? Are we the wardens? Dang it, noticing little details that haven't been explained just raises even more questions.

oh so you finally notice, eh?

All I say is that it is indeed intentional. And that knowledge of religion is needed to decode that particular clue.

perhaps knowing about a certain book would help...a book that speaks about the afterlife and various other concepts, despite the fact that it is not official scripture...

this is starting to feel a bit like the Davinci Code to me...

And I fucking love it

just like to interject for everyone above: I am judging for more than just backstory alone.

oh so you finally notice, eh?

All I say is that it is indeed intentional. And that knowledge of religion is needed to decode that particular clue.

perhaps knowing about a certain book would help...a book that speaks about the afterlife and various other concepts, despite the fact that it is not official scripture...

this is starting to feel a bit like the Davinci Code to me...

And I fucking love it

Are you talking about Dante's Inferno (on the topic of hell, so it's likely mesh better with the idea of a prison) and/or his complete work, Divine Comedy? I feel like that's where you're heading with this but it is still entirely conceivable that I'm entirely off track.

Eh... I just want the RP to start already XD.

Nein, Sensei! I made the deadline and I will stick to it. There are 2 certain candidates who have special cases going on right now, so we all wait until this coming tuesday.

Though to pass the time, I might be playing a few games with you all similiar to his little davinci code we got going on...

infact, here:

have a few pictures to get an idea of what mons will look like in this verse

6940c24efe0179894661e2a8c6644831.jpg

druddigon_b__n__w_by_sebasvishno-d4yr5wu

((And yes, druddigons have actual wings and are capable of flight here))

96542471283b26fad33f932b704aae4b.jpg

3841839-1602247110-tumbl.png

Is it coincidence that all of these are dragon types or draconic in nature or does it have a deeper meaning...?

55671825.jpg

It's no coincidence. The Druddigons are the planned partners of the Male/Female twin Characters I've set up to balance out the gender ratio. All the others are planned or potential pokemon they may use.

whichever one ends up accompanying the party and which one ends up playing a different role in the story depends on who proves themselves with their signups

And dragons... are rather important here... you could say...

they are yet another clue.

Anyway question, are Pseudo-Legends/Mythical Interchangeable?

Because Pseudo-Legends are literally like 7 mons ((which most of them are way more powerful than Weaker Legends.)) so not sure if it expressly is allowing 1 of each or two Psuedos.

The main reason I am asking... my character can easily make use of Mythical Pokemon ((as they fit my theme which I personally am adhering too since it isn't as strict as a mono.)) but can't make any use of the Psuedo-Legends that exist at least to my own knowledge. I just find it sorta silly that one can have two Pseudos, but not two mythical when more Mythical Class mons are actually way weaker. ((unless we are talking Tao Trio, and maybe some of the Force of Nature Trio... but really only Landorus is much more significantly more powerful.)). But... eh. It'd just be helpful for me to have 2 Mythical mons rather than any Pseudos since I really can't fit a Psuedo in my team at all.

The other reason I'm asking... is if to have a more powerful mon we are basically required to have a Pseudo Legend... that we are most likely going to see a hell of a lot of repeats considering that Psuedo-Legends literally number 7... there are only seven of them in existence. Why not just lump them into the Mythical Pool ((which they are stronger than a majority of anyway.)) and call it a day?

I dunno, just a thought cause it seems a bit weirdly set-up right now... if I am correct in saying that we can have 2 Pseudos, 1 Pseudo and 1 Mythical, or just 1 Mythical and not have another. Just asking for clarity's sake.