[OOC] Pokemon: Sins of Avalon

Sutoratosu

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll really need to step out of those comfort zones at some point, I'm telling ya... it's actually kinda fun once you get past the initial shock factor of what awaits outside your own little bubble. I'm honestly glad Dobby convinced me to try it long ago.

As for the gender ratio issue, I suppose that depending on how the next sign ups go and who I actually choose, I have no real qualms when it comes to the gender of a OC of mine, so I can always either just gender-bend my own character into a male to either even it out a little or just say "yolo" and keep her like she is to drive the nail right into the coffin. The other version can always be used for a different role in the story...

a more sinister role...

You'll really need to step out of those comfort zones at some point, I'm telling ya... it's actually kinda fun once you get past the initial shock factor of what awaits outside your own little bubble. I'm honestly glad Dobby convinced me to try it long ago.

As for the gender ratio issue, I suppose that depending on how the next sign ups go and who I actually choose, I have no real qualms when it comes to the gender of a OC of mine, so I can always either just gender-bend my own character into a male to either even it out a little or just say "yolo" and keep her like she is to drive the nail right into the coffin. The other version can always be used for a different role in the story...

a more sinister role...

Well to be entirely honest, I cannot recall the last time I actually got involved in an RP, so this is me easing myself into RP again before plunging into the abyss with glee.

Shame when we got twice as many people running for slots which are available. I pushed forward my envelope onto you Stratos. I say good luck to whoever makes the cut.

But hark for those who don't make it.

As much as I hate to reiterate it. So many of you expressed interest in it yet none of you so much as given me a "thumbs up" or a "shove it"

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16203

#ShamelessSelfAdverstising

just a quick qeustion for data purposes:

Has anyone here managed to figure out what type of place the story will be set in? I've hidden quite a few clues all round the place, left and right...

• Veterans

And that, was the largest Character profile and shiz I've written on here :/

Also, we're gunna get shipwreckt and go under before magically going to an alternate dimension thanks to Daddy Palkia's space powres :P

Seemingly uninhabited, probably unmapped island hiding a secret sect of cultists and few to no traces of civilisation

This is pretty much what I was thinking as well.

Also, we're gunna get shipwreckt and go under before magically going to an alternate dimension thanks to Daddy Palkia's space powres :P

I'm scared. So much competition.

This wasn't my longest profile but it was one I put a lot of love and care into. I'm kinda scared she may not make the cut. :wacko:

Seemingly uninhabited, probably unmapped island hiding a secret sect of cultists and few to no traces of civilisation

To add onto this, I'd say that it probably isn't so much uninhabited as it is sparsely inhabited. I'm somewhat keen to believe that there will be a few random characters who aren't just insane cultists who have it out for us, but then again, that may just be wishful thinking.

This wasn't my longest profile but it was one I put a lot of love and care into. I'm kinda scared she may not make the cut. :wacko:

I'm pretty much in the same situation. I tried to make a character who is different from the others I've created in the past and stands out from others, but I suppose we'll just have to see how well this works out for us. Fingers crossed for everyone in this intense week of anticipation. Let's all hope for the best.

This is pretty much what I was thinking as well.

To add onto this, I'd say that it probably isn't so much uninhabited as it is sparsely inhabited. I'm somewhat keen to believe that there will be a few random characters who aren't just insane cultists who have it out for us, but then again, that may just be wishful thinking.

I'm pretty much in the same situation. I tried to make a character who is different from the others I've created in the past and stands out from others, but I suppose we'll just have to see how well this works out for us. Fingers crossed for everyone in this intense week of anticipation. Let's all hope for the best.

Hmmm... no...nice guesses, but no.

interesting, either no one has read any Authorian literature whatsoever... or no one has even paid any real attention to and dissected the title.

I mean ti could be that... or that I don't ever give out hints that I figure out becasue that isn't in the spirit of things. If someone else can;t get it... I don't say anything lol. Any reference in Graterras is much the same I put it out there and let it sit there. If you don't get it... eh... to bad lol.

• Veterans

I mean, you made it kinda obvious that we won't be going to Arcadia quite yet..or at all...the title though....Sins of Avalon....does that mean we're going to the past? To a more medieval time or something? Avalon sounds like something from a medieval time...If so the spectra and a few other things(Such as the picture on the first post)make a lot more sense now that I think about it...

I mean, you made it kinda obvious that we won't be going to Arcadia quite yet..or at all...the title though....Sins of Avalon....does that mean we're going to the past? To a more medieval time or something? Avalon sounds like something from a medieval time...If so the spectra and a few other things(Such as the picture on the first post)make a lot more sense now that I think about it...

Avalon is mentioned in Arthurian Legend. I think it's mentioned as the place where King Arthur's grave is.

And I can't decide between going mono or not.

• Veterans

I knew the word sounded familiar....

But the cult tag.....and considering this is one of Stratos's rps there is most likely something deeper going on.....

Avalon is mentioned in Arthurian Legend. I think it's mentioned as the place where King Arthur's grave is.

And I can't decide between going mono or not.

bingo!

chim got it.

that's really the biggest hint I've dropped. piece it together with the title, aspects of the world religion, the massive tree pictured in the op, the concepts of spectra...

and yeah.

Avalon is a bit more involved than that Chim. It is also the place where Caliburn ((or better known as Excalibur.)) was forged. ANd...there is a lot more that varies from retelling to retelling of the tale.

It's been a long time since I read / learned anything about the Arthurian Legend so I'm a bit rusty when it comes to the subject.

Aside from that I'm not going to try and find out more about Stratos's intentions as I like to get surprised. (Even as a reader if my character doesn't get picked.)

Now I'm regretting I didn't name my partner Galahad

I completely forgot to name my partner period... oops.Well maybe something to do later.

And as for my character, well, he's an interesting one, that's for certain.

Just posting to say that I could try to join... I said I was interested for Auroral Starfall, but didn't do the same here.

I had to inform you and say that I am trying this, but creating a decent backstory is being problematic and I don't think I have many chances anyway :D

Just posting to say that I could try to join... I said I was interested for Auroral Starfall, but didn't do the same here.

I had to inform you and say that I am trying this, but creating a decent backstory is being problematic and I don't think I have many chances anyway :D

no harm in trying, you might be surprised with the final product if you just put some effort into it.

And I have added information into the OP under the "Available Pokemon" Tab in regards to Psuedo Legends, Mythical Mons, and Mega Stones.

For those who feel that two pokemon and a mega stone on top of it is rather generous of me, don't. I've decided that I'm going to be giving the baddies in this some really nice teams, especially for the big bosses., who will most likely delelelelelee whooooop all your asses without mercy.

so yeah, this is just to help even things out for the players to be able to survive.