Wait, how is this going to make Goomy available? I've seen people speaking on how they can have a goomy, is there something with this that has to do with obtaining Goomy?

I think (?) there's a tournament that features a reward of a Goomy. The winner would get one and then could opt to trade it although what person in their right mind would trade exclusive Goomy's away :3

• Administrators

I love the idea but I don't want you guys spending time on it until Reborn finishes its story.

The nice thing about having separate people working on stuff is that I can still work on the story while Kuro works on online features.

Granted, we should probably be focusing on bugs first, this kind of just... happened.

Oh my GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD this looks AWESOOOOOOOME

Inb4 people hack this game with Cheat Engine to win battles with cheap Pokemon

It'll happen. But there's no ladder system. Ultimately you only play against your friends/the people you choose to play with. So if one of your friends is being a jerkbutt and using hacked Pokemon, it's as simple as not playing with that person until they wanna go at it fairly.

Say, what does this mean for the Link Stones?

I would assume that they're still gonna be fine, I doubt that the devs are going to force people to manually trade just because it's available?

I love the idea but I don't want you guys spending time on it until Reborn finishes its story.

The nice thing about having separate people working on stuff is that I can still work on the story while Kuro works on online features.

Don't worry, I got this.

Granted, we should probably be focusing on bugs first, this kind of just... happened.

Mostly because Amethyst continuously underestimates how fast I am. (Though props go to Alexandre, the original creator, for kindly allowing public usage of his base script)

Oh my GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD this looks AWESOOOOOOOME

Inb4 people hack this game with Cheat Engine to win battles with cheap Pokemon

It'll happen. But there's no ladder system. Ultimately you only play against your friends/the people you choose to play with. So if one of your friends is being a jerkbutt and using hacked Pokemon, it's as simple as not playing with that person until they wanna go at it fairly.

It will, but there is a ban-ip function and we may start banning people who are obviously cheating if we're given proof..

good shit go౦ԁ sHit thats ✔ some goodshit rightthere right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self i say so thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ Good shit

on a serious note..

that's awesome! I wasn't aware that rpg maker was capable of this :o

i just hope it doesn't make the game lag more than it does now

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but assuming the trading feature may happen early enough in the game to potentially make a difference in how people build teams, I think I have two ideas on how to balance it out (as in, prevent players from getting clearly overpowered Pokemon too early).

1) The Pokemon has to be at least encountered once before, thus registering it into your Pokedex, before the player can request to trade for that Pokemon.

2) The Pokemon that the trainer can receive must be of a gym type that the player has already cleared. If it's a dual type Pokemon, BOTH gym types would have to be cleared. This would effectively shut out the vast majority of higher-tier Pokemon from simply being traded over to a new file immediately (no Water gym exists yet so no early game Magikarp, same for Dragon types, etc.). This Gym restriction could be lifted when the player returns to Reborn City during Chapter 15 due to plot reasons.

Of course, the latter would probably be near impossible to program feasibly...

Well, that would be the end of the Reborn Trading thread...this would make things so much easier. I can hardly wait for the next episode now.
P.S. While you're at it, maybe you can think about a functional FFA-mode (Free For All) for online battles. It would require slightly modifying certain moves, though, and it all has to fit on the screen...

Well, that would be the end of the Reborn Trading thread...this would make things so much easier. I can hardly wait for the next episode now.

P.S. While you're at it, maybe you can think about a functional FFA-mode (Free For All) for online battles. It would require slightly modifying certain moves, though, and it all has to fit on the screen...

Not really, it can be used as a discussion point. However its current purpose is gone so I suppose we can change it to a discussion thread then trade via the game.

Since the Game Corner first hinted multiplayer in reborn, I'm really curious to see if any "game corner's game" is going to have a multiplayer factor to it. Would love to play minigames with other people, can be simple things, like gambling away your money in a few good rounds of Poker.

See what I did there?

Just saying this now for all the people who do not understand how this system works; all this battle system is, is an online clone of your character and team, and a CPU will be controlling the opposing character (so when you battle someone via. this system you will be battling an exact copy of their team NOT the actual player, but rather a CPU) It is not real time battle between 2 players as this isn't a reality for RPGmakerXP at the moment unfortunately so adding an option where you can choose tiers before battle is pointless.

Hah, good joke.

Edited by deukhoofd

• 3 weeks later...