Favourite Fossil Pokémon?

zimvader42

Cradily is my favorite fossil poké.

Not only it looks absolutely badass, it's also a thirsty ass poké. Water? Cradily will just drink it.

Also, I remember that people could never remember Cradily's typing in the past. Rock/Grass ftw

When I first saw Amaura, I squeed so hard it reverbrated around the entire house. XD And of course, Aurorus is just so majestic*・゚:✧

Armaldo is tied, though, mostly just for good power, decent(?) bulk and just being pretty cool.

Mega Aerodactyl is my second favorite, though. I used him once on a sun team, he was pretty much my go-to option for anything really threatening.

Why is there literally no love for Rampardos in here?

Look at that massive Attack stat, look at that awesome Head Smash that wouldn't exist without its introduction! I know it's frail and slow but... well, most fossils aren't exactly fast, anyway, are they?

...I think you can tell who my favourite is based on that, yeah. Stats aside, I really like its design and its colour scheme. Especially the shiny one. But why didn't they give it Rock Head, seriously, what?

Armaldo, Archeops, and Aurorus are all pretty rad, too. Especially the last one with both its pretty frills and that gorgeous cry. Shame about the typing, though. :c

• Veterans

Cradily is my favorite fossil poké.

Not only it looks absolutely badass, it's also a thirsty ass poké. Water? Cradily will just drink it.

Also, I remember that people could never remember Cradily's typing in the past. Rock/Grass ftw

A certain leader in a certain game/league made everyone remember what it's typing is.....zzzz

Really. Two pages of fossil talk and no love for that concentrate of sheer badassery and T-rexness that is Tyrantrum?

Massive attack, Rock Head, Head Smash, Dragon sub-type, and it if a friggin' T-REX for crying out loud ! What is there NOT to love?

Now at this point I should probably post a super menacing pic to showcase Tyrantrum's badassery and T-rexness, but that would be too banal, so here is a pic of cute cuddly T-rex instead:

pokestache.com_6738_1383061312.jpg

In terms of style my fav is always Aerodactyl, because I always had a thing for flying dinosaurs and Aerodactyl has that special place in my heart for that reason. Not to mention its rather useful and I was way hyped when it got a mega.

In terms of usefulness, its either between Cradily or Tyrantrum. Cradily is just unkillable, unique typing and just overall a very useful member in most of my teams. Tyrantrum you don't have to think, just click head smash and see things die...

Armaldo; It's my favorite pokemon in general. It's bulky, has incredible power, and a rather unusal typing with Rock/Bug only being shared by its pre-evolution, Shuckle, Dwebble and Crustle.

You are wrong over there. Armaldo's typing is only shared by Anorith. Both are Rock/Bug...Shuckle and the other two are Bug/Rock.

xD

EDIT : Aerodactyl for me. I always loved dragons and still do.

Edited by BlackMage

Cradily for me. The bulk, combined with the fact it learns some particularly powerful moves to make up for its lackluster offensive stats makes for an excellent Pokemon. Plus I've always liked the design…even before I realized the markings on its head aren't its eyes, and the yellow bits were his eyes and not random teeth (which my seven year old brain thought they were going off the Gen 3 sprite)

Edited by Lord Regal

Cradily for me. The bulk, combined with the fact it learns some particularly powerful moves to make up for its lackluster offensive stats makes for an excellent Pokemon. Plus I've always liked the design…even before I realized the markings on its head aren't its eyes, and the yellow bits were his eyes and not random teeth (which my seven year old brain thought they were going off the Gen 3 sprite)

What :o?! I thought until now that the yellow markings were it's eyes! I never noticed the eyes in the black spots (partly because I don't give much attention to it :P). Thanks for the info, man.

I love Carracosta pretty much for all the same reasons I love blastoise- blue water type turtle. but this turtle packs a bigger punch is known to pimp slap submarines into oblivion on occasion.

I didn't used to like aerodactyl but it's become my other favorite because of its sheer awesomeness in battle. As my lead pokemon with focus sash, SR, taunt, SE, and Ice Fang, it hit hard and fast, prevented set ups, and was great to save for later for revenge kills.

I was disappointed in archeops. I was hoping for more of a jurassic park raptor design than for them to go with the evolving into birds theme. And of course that terrible ability that tried to balance out its high stats.

I was hoping for a triceratops but we got a bastiodon instead. Aggron is a great consolation though.

---- on a side note----

what do you think would be great to have as the next fossil pokemon?

Dilophosorus- rock/poison

Stegosaurus/ankylosaurus anyone?

---- on a side note----

what do you think would be great to have as the next fossil pokemon?

Dilophosorus- rock/poison

Stegosaurus/ankylosaurus anyone?

We need a freaking velociraptor. Jurassic Park still scares me to bits because of them.

But on the topic, Cradily and Aurorus. Not until a while ago I learned what are Cradily's real eyes. Its so cute. Plus the design is awesome and the...things... it is based on scare the crap out of me. Aurorus the obligatory cute choice, too.