[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think whenever we actually do get to see the real Arceus, El is going to betray Team Meteor, which would explain why he will still be a Elite 4 member. Besides there has to be a reason he was chosen to be a elite 4 member in the first place and I don't think Game!Amethyst would let El in without some measure of trust. If Heather is indeed a member than my prediction for the Elite 4 to be El, Benett, Heather and Laura.

Laura isnt the part of E4 anymore she was kicked and i think becouse Bennet came there with EL help soo in E4 is El,Bennet,Heather and maybe Arclight or someone but i think Laura was kicked becouse of influence of El orrrrr El is Psychic type trainer and he use some Hypnose on everyone or somethink like that :D ORRRRRRRR He use Ditto to change on Ame and kicked Laura from E4 :OOO

(sorry for English ;.; )

Laura isnt the part of E4 anymore she was kicked and i think becouse Bennet came there with EL help soo in E4 is El,Bennet,Heather and maybe Arclight or someone but i think Laura was kicked becouse of influence of El orrrrr El is Psychic type trainer and he use some Hypnose on everyone or somethink like that :D ORRRRRRRR He use Ditto to change on Ame and kicked Laura from E4 :OOO

(sorry for English ;.; )

El is a normal type trainer.

Joining the champ discussion very late, but no matter who turns out to be the champion, I'll always be baffled as to how nobody in the entire region "knows" they're the champion upon seeing the person . Of course that could just be PIC for Anna's case since the other children did wanna mention what she is ranked as. The only other person I can see as champ is Arclight because everytime we meet him, we're alone and we're new so we wouldn't know who is what, thus there's an excuse for nobody to comment on him since there was nobody with us who saw him yet. Instead, for Lin, it'd be incredibly stupid to make her champion and then have people like Laura and her sisters who are gym leaders/ E4 not know Lin as the champion ..

but tldr , I really hope whoever is the champion won't be somebody who for some reason nobody knew as the champion before . It's just really silly to have your entire region unaware who the strongest trainer is

Edited by Masquerain

It's still a little wierd that we haven't heard anything about the champion thus far. (Geography club doesn't count) Even if only select few know about him/her/xem, the should be at least some mentions about it. Aren't the champions supose to resolve the problems of their respective regions?

It's still a little wierd that we haven't heard anything about the champion thus far. (Geography club doesn't count) Even if only select few know about him/her/xem, the should be at least some mentions about it. Aren't the champions supose to resolve the problems of their respective regions?

Well in later games than GSC, u always meet the champion during your travels, but tbh, no matter if you meet them alone or with someone else (like diantha) , nobody ever mentions that they're the champion. Needless to say, if Lin was the champion, I'm sure someone would comment on it solely for the reason of her being a badguy(logically anyway) . Like, shouldn't ppl be outraged that the champion is the leader of the evil gang? Still thinking Arclight is the most fitting since you do meet him at a place like 7th street where he's trying to "resolve a problem" with stolen and captured pokemon but wellp, none of the current most popular possible candidates is really trying to resolve the meteor issue so... maybe Reborn will just have something in mind. As for Anna, as cool as she is, the champion stuck in an orphanage, unable to even battle or fight her way out? Errr.... strongest trainer? Sure..

It's never been stated anywhere that the champions are supposed to resolve their region's problems.

Hell, I can only think of two champions in the official games who have ever actively opposed their region's evil team(s): Lance and Steven.

Lance helps you storm a Team Rocket base in GSC and HGSS, and Steven helps defend the Space Center against Team Magma in Emerald, and each of them are only seen actually fighting the evil team during those events.

The rest of the champions never did anything about the criminals in their regions.

Cynthia was too busy studying Sinnoh's lore to do anything about Team Galactic trying to blow up her home town or Lake Valor.

Wallace never did anything apart from letting you into Sky Pillar, if I remember correctly.

Alder never did anything more than what was required of him(try and fail to beat N's legendary dragon).

Iris led you to Castelia sewers, where she thought suspicious people might hide. That's it.

Diantha literally did nothing the entire game in XY, she appeared once, talked to Lysandre, and never showed up again until we beat the elite 4.

To be fair, most of what I remember of the Distortion world was the fact that there were boulder pushing puzzles for some inexplicable reason, and the music.

And the fact that she was aware of Team Galactic means that Cynthia considers researching mythology more important than stopping the group of maniacs who blew up a lake. There's really no other reason why she wouldn't be helping you stop them. She doesn't even help you battle Cyrus.

Also, I'm still very doubtful of Arclight being the champion. You'd think the champion would be more concerned with stopping Team Meteor than a random illegal Pokemon seller.

Edited by aquawaffle

As for Anna, as cool as she is, the champion stuck in an orphanage, unable to even battle or fight her way out? Errr.... strongest trainer? Sure..

She, as well as Noel and Charlotte, had their Pokemon confiscated while at the orphanage. Unless you're telling me she's going to overpower a bunch of adults on brute strength alone, she kind of didn't have a choice.

That being said, though... for some reason, it'd strike me as odd for her to be champion. I'm not really sure why. Elite Four I can see, but... champion feels more or less... off?

With the state the league is in so far as challengers go, though, what with several of the Gym leaders being incapable of filling their post for one reason or another, it wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't a champion. Like if the previous champion had retired or died or something along the lines of that.

• Global Mods

To be fair, most of what I remember of the Distortion world was the fact that there were boulder pushing puzzles for some inexplicable reason, and the music.

And the fact that she was aware of Team Galactic means that Cynthia considers researching mythology more important than stopping the group of maniacs who blew up a lake. There's really no other reason why she wouldn't be helping you stop them. She doesn't even help you battle Cyrus.

Also, I'm still very doubtful of Arclight being the champion. You'd think the champion would be more concerned with stopping Team Meteor than a random illegal Pokemon seller.

Cynthia did say that she thought Team Galactic were harmless nerds before they blew up Lake Valor.

That's why I think that we've already met the champion, we just don't know who exactly it is.

And a lack of mentions about the champion does makes a bit of sense, when you consider that not only there are 18 gym leaders to beat (17 at first), the path to reach Victory Road is a harsh one, and only a small amount of trainers have met the Champion face to face.

And considering that the Reborn region was destroyed once, maybe the newest champion is a somewhat recent champion, and no trainer has yet reached Victory Road after Reborn was destroyed.

I think that those lack of mentions, along the fact that Anna was in the Orphanage for some time, unable to get out... hmm... interesting.

My opinion on the chances of being champion.

Anna 90%

Arclight 5.9%

Bennet 2%

Fern 2%

Someone else/new 0.1% ( I only put this last one on because I don't like to rule out the impossible ).

So you think it is impossible for Lin to be champion.

Also I don't think Bennett would be the champion.

She, as well as Noel and Charlotte, had their Pokemon confiscated while at the orphanage. Unless you're telling me she's going to overpower a bunch of adults on brute strength alone, she kind of didn't have a choice.

That being said, though... for some reason, it'd strike me as odd for her to be champion. I'm not really sure why. Elite Four I can see, but... champion feels more or less... off?

With the state the league is in so far as challengers go, though, what with several of the Gym leaders being incapable of filling their post for one reason or another, it wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't a champion. Like if the previous champion had retired or died or something along the lines of that.

They reclaimed their pokemon though.. and still Anna is only sitting safe with the other kids . You'd think SOMETHING would get told or happen if she was the champ but wellp... who knows anymore :'D May it be a surprise. I just hope the explanation for it is good