Cool stuff you'd like to see in Reborn

Mint_Spaghetti

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I'd like it if we moved back to the mechanics where TMs can be passed down via breeding.. I get that it isn't very useful since TMs are unlimited, but when breeding for TMs not available yet, it is great.. Since the moves would not make any of the pokemon OP and not everybody breeds, it definitely wouldn't make a major impact in the difficulty of the game, but would make life easier..

Also if move tutor moves could be passed down via breeding it would be nice.. That way even if the tutors aren't introduced, we can still work at it and get the tutor moves.. Will just take more effort.. Which if you ask me is fair..

Actually, a "past moves" tutor to make the moves learned by first and second evo stages reteachable to the third stag, if they lose them by evolving (like the gen1 stone evolutions) wuld be very nice. Or these moves becoming reteachable at the Onyx move tutor.

Actually, a "past moves" tutor to make the moves learned by first and second evo stages reteachable to the third stag, if they lose them by evolving (like the gen1 stone evolutions) wuld be very nice. Or these moves becoming reteachable at the Onyx move tutor.

All my shekels to donate for this.

I can't decide if this a topic for "Cool things that might happen" or "Cool things that are awesome but it will never happen", so... I'll make a list for both!

Cool things that might happen

- More axes!

- A guy in the 7th Street that can teach Egg moves to your pokes. Only once per day though.

- The cellphone thing, to rebattle certain trainers (I think this one will happen, though).

- More tag battles!

- A place where you can pay to hatch eggs instantly

- More Blake

- A way to create weather yourself by using Rain Dance/Sunny Day/Sandstorm/Hail + Thunder/other moves.

Cool things that are awesome but it will never happen

- Razor Claw in the Jasper Ward (REACHABLE)

- A way to use the Meteors Helicopter. Screw Fly.

- Dittos with perfect IVs

- A way to ride the Tauros everywhere \o/

- Everybody gets converted to Blue

- More Blake

- Fern gets cloned

- DNA Splicers can be used with any two pokes

This last part is totally a joke.

I don't know about you guys, but I would love to see the cutscenes in small animations, like we saw in the Emerald version when Rayquaza appears in the struggle between Kyogre and Groundon.
I don't know if that's possible but it would be extremely epic view the striking scenes of the plot (such as Kiki's death) that way.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Though I think that's Essentials' problem, not Reborn. :/

i dont think that is a big problem because moves like hydro pump,close combat,shadow ball,surf,psychic,flamethrower,elemental punches and many other moves have animation.i dont think it is a big problem to give the other moves animation when many moves have one

i dont think that is a big problem because moves like hydro pump,close combat,shadow ball,surf,psychic,flamethrower,elemental punches and many other moves have animation.i dont think it is a big problem to give the other moves animation when many moves have one

The problem is that there are HUNDREDS of moves that require their own unique animations, and it would be incredibly time-consuming to create an animation for each one.

Furthermore, I don't know if anyone on the Reborn development team can even add attack animations to the game. It might be an RPG Maker or Pokémon Essentials issue, rather than a Pokémon Reborn issue.

I've said it before but multiple save slots like regular pokemon games have. Zeta and Insurgence use Essentials and have multiple save slots. I don't see why Reborn can't since I don't want to have to do the manual save file moving around. Though since Ame put in a backup save feature I imagine this isn't too far off.

More challenges to do inbetween content would be nice. Namely contests and something like a Battle Frontier like the one in emerald. Other than that the stuff I want is just want episodes bring, exploration, adventure, Pokémon to find and so on. Really excited for when the game is finished and all those doors are going to be explorable. I can imagine all the puzzles and stuff with it.

More challenges to do inbetween content would be nice. Namely contests and something like a Battle Frontier like the one in emerald. Other than that the stuff I want is just want episodes bring, exploration, adventure, Pokémon to find and so on. Really excited for when the game is finished and all those doors are going to be explorable. I can imagine all the puzzles and stuff with it.

Yeah I have been thinking about the Frontier and who the Brains would be if there was one.

A little minor detail that could happen:

So there was some speculation that Shelly's Illumise would be named after her, but I was wondering what about Bugsy the Volbeat? I'm hoping that Shelly will realize that she is stronger than her brother and either:

A. Replace it with something like a Volcarona, named Charlotte (remember when Charlotte saved Shelly at Yureyu?) or Cal (their reunion in E14). Both are/were Fire type users, and Volcarona is Fire type, so...

B. Keep the Volbeat and rename it Cal. She has become his friend again, after all, and Volbeat does have that red band (although now Cal's hair is blue again and he uses more than just Fire types...)

I would also love the cellphone thing. Not just because of rebattles,but to talk with some of the leaders.

Also the option to call Fern...And call him just to tell him how bad he is and that he sucks...I would pay 50 000 for a cellphone just to contact him and annoy him all day long.

So there was some speculation that Shelly's Illumise would be named after her, but I was wondering what about Bugsy the Volbeat? I'm hoping that Shelly will realize that she is stronger than her brother and either:

A. Replace it with something like a Volcarona, named Charlotte (remember when Charlotte saved Shelly at Yureyu?) or Cal (their reunion in E14). Both are/were Fire type users, and Volcarona is Fire type, so...

B. Keep the Volbeat and rename it Cal. She has become his friend again, after all, and Volbeat does have that red band (although now Cal's hair is blue again and he uses more than just Fire types...)

Aww that's so sweet. I would love that.

Volcorona > Volbeat all day

I'd like a cellphone system particularly for the hg ss gym leader rematch. (Or more particularly just to call the gym leaders and bug them a little) Scenes where you find a number of gym leaders just doing every day things in different wards or outside the city would be pretty cool. Kinda just getting a little insight into their lives outside the craziness that is the region. (Also the rematches would be with everyone's team at level 100 and post game tbh)

ALSO I WOULD LIKE A FIRE EMBLEM AWAKENING OPTION TO ROMANCE CHARACTERS, BUT I MEAN IT'S WHATEVER. #SULKS

Edited by Stealth

I'd like a cellphone system particularly for the hg ss gym leader rematch. (Or more particularly just to call the gym leaders and bug them a little) Scenes where you find a number of gym leaders just doing every day things in different wards or outside the city would be pretty cool. Kinda just getting a little insight into their lives outside the craziness that is the region. (Also the rematches would be with everyone's team at level 100 and post game tbh)

ALSO I WOULD LIKE A FIRE EMBLEM AWAKENING OPTION TO ROMANCE CHARACTERS, BUT I MEAN IT'S WHATEVER. #SULKS

lol whens can I do support with Clefable doll.

Triple battles, including Rotation battles.

I love Rotation battles, they're so cool. All the double fights we've had so far were cool and I like it a lot to get to team up with people, or even to stand alone against teamed-up opponents.

It'd be awesome to see the oher battle varieties make appearances.

Triple/Rotation battle against ZEL when? It's the perfect opportunity.

Dunno, I just like those battle forms and wish they were present in the game. Though to be fair, I don't know if this is possible, since I'm clueless about the limitations as far as programming goes.

Edited by Ama

I support the Charlotte idea. As of Cal, eff Cal.

Triple battles, including Rotation battles.

I love Rotation battles, they're so cool. All the double fights we've had so far were cool and I like it a lot to get to team up with people, or even to stand alone against teamed-up opponents.

It'd be awesome to see the oher battle varieties make appearances.

Triple/Rotation battle against ZEL when? It's the perfect opportunity.

Dunno, I just like those battle forms and wish they were present in the game. Though to be fair, I don't know if this is possible, since I'm clueless about the limitations as far as programming goes.

I don't know if it's possible to happen in Essentials, or if Essentials will manage to implement them, but just imagine how hard the AI's gonna derp in these situations. We already have things like Victoria in the Pyrous doubles or allies trying to murder us or Fern spamming Water Sport and Growth against a half dead Roggenrola in the Peridot factory :P The struggle's gonna be real.

Also, we've got far too many doubles in the last few eps. I'd prefer to go solo 6 vs 12 in some of them than having derping allies, underleveled allies, allies trying to take me down or Aya going to a Nidoqueen that can't do a lick of damage. If I have to battle bosses, I want to battle bosses, I don't want to battle bosses and my partner's stupidity.

Edited by Odybld