Spoiler-Lock Review

Amethyst

• Administrators

All right, so we're coming up on what, a week after the community release? This is the first episode we've, as a site and mod team, put spoilers under wraps in the community following the episode.

Now, I wanna get some feedback from the people who this effort is for in the first place: People who haven't played E15 yet, but intend to:

I just want to know how we're doing. Has this been working out for you? Have you gotten spoiled despite our attempts? If so, how/where? Do you have ideas of other stuff that needs to be policed for spoilers? Has enforcement been on point, or too slow?

The only time I remember being spoiled is before even beta came out and that one guy hacked in and got alpha screenshots. Aside from that, no, nothing has been spoiled... Although people could work on making forum titles as some are just like (Spoiler alert) Fly. That outright tells you fly is in the game. It would be in peoples best interest to learn how to make a title without spoiling as well. That is all.

• Administrators

If it's reporting a bug, though, I'm not sure how carefully these things can be titled without it being something like "uh this thing is broken and I can't say why so click this and look"

I intend to wait until the official release. So far, I still know nothing about the actual episode, save for those few teasers you've given during development. I'm just making sure to steer clear from those parts of the forum that do discuss the new episode.

As long as I refrained from clicking on threads with spoiler warnings, absolutely nothing was spoiled for me at all. So, it looks like the system works!

I think this is a wonderful policy to have. It doesn't have any negative repercussions regarding forum activity, and it lets people play through the new episode unspoiled without needing to avoid these forums like the plague.

I got spoiled that there was a decision concerning battling taka from one of the topic titles. Also that there was a PULSE. But other than that I was pretty spoiler free. Everything was awesome and took me by surprise still :) fantastic episode :)

I got spoiled that there was a decision concerning battling taka from one of the topic titles. Also that there was a PULSE. But other than that I was pretty spoiler free. Everything was awesome and took me by surprise still :) fantastic episode :)

Indeed.

Next time it has to be made more clear that the spoiler lock policy is also avoiding picking stupid names for the threads. There are lots of people throwing E15 content right at the title but with a "Spoiler tag" on it.

Ex: E15 TAKA BATTLE [spoiler]

Edited by Knight_Teutonic

Pretty good work with the spoiler thing. As someone said,did get a bit spoiled by topic names,but it is kind of hard to write something without giving info and still showing what the topic is about(still people should try not to put stuff like taka,lapras etc in their name,atleast for now) . I did see something once or twice on the status updates which spoiled a bit,but people reacted fast and said something like "pls dont spoil" etc. All the other people were fair and correct and if they said something, it wasnt anything of value and was only teasing us which was fun.

Edited by CrazySheriff

• Administrators

Great, so it sounds like this is much better over all, except for topic titles. Making a separate board wouldn't change that though since the newest topics can still appear in the feeds at the top right on the forum/site. But it's something that's easy for someone not to think about -- I can make an effort to call attention to that going forward.

In order to handle bug topics, tbh we should just have a catch-all bug reporting thread for stuff besides typos/tile errors. Then the speculation threads are few enough to handle, especially if we remind people to be mindful of these things.

Thanks for the feedback, let me know if you guys have any other ideas!