biboo195

Grass type  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which grass type should i focus on training ?

There's just so many awesome Grass type in Rejuvantion, but i can only focus on maybe 1 or 2 pokemons. Please help me decide. And if you have a more awesome Grass type pokemon in mind (except the starters), please share. But i would like it better if i can catch that pokemon before Narcissa.

Edited by biboo195

I think you should look at your current team and see where it is lacking when coming up with your decision. Would the Bug/Poison/Flying options be more beneficial and which can be utilized the most to help progress your team?

Food for thought.

I think you should look at your current team and see where it is lacking when coming up with your decision. Would the Bug/Poison/Flying options be more beneficial and which can be utilized the most to help progress your team?

Food for thought.

New run mate.

What to choose depends on how you want to use it. Jumpluff is really fast so its great for hitting stun spore/sleep powder/poison powder/leech seed. Acrobatics also hits really hard.

Roserade has it's high special attack so its probably better for inflicting damage though it's not as quick.

Leavanny's powerful but it has rather a lot of weakness so it may be taken down a bit too easily.

Tangrowth meanwhile has the highest physical defense so it's fairly solid though not exactly outstanding.

If you want to inflict status, I'd say a whimiscott with the prankster ability is best for that. I'd also consider abomasnow as it's snow warning will allow you to use blizzard with prefect accuracy, though you'd have to watch for fire attacks.

Another potential option is a lilligant with quiver dance as it can quickly become dangerous.

If you want to inflict status, I'd say a whimiscott with the prankster ability is best for that. I'd also consider abomasnow as it's snow warning will allow you to use blizzard with prefect accuracy, though you'd have to watch for fire attacks.

Another potential option is a lilligant with quiver dance as it can quickly become dangerous.

Except none of those are available in the current version :P

I have to go with Explosms on this one. Even if it is a new run, you should have some team planned no? You gotta see what's more fitting for the future.

But i'll go with Roserade because Poison OP nerf pls. No really, I just like Roserade more than the other three.

P.S - No Parasect this poll is terrible 0/10

P.P.S - Don't let Azery see this poll

Roserade. I don't want to be the only guy who got the ire of the RNG-gods in finding a decent Budew... :P
jk, you can also get Vileplume, which can take a hit, then inflicts status (Toxic/Sleep Powder) or drain back it's health/deal massive damage. (just don't try it on a certain psychic-poke)
Roserade is a quicker way to put them in the grave (but frailer), although I don't know where you would get a shiny stone.

As much as I love Leavanny, Roserade is much better defensive-wise, since it can actually live a few hits. Then again, you're missing out on the chance to have Will-o-Wisp, unless one of your other Pokemon already has that.

Jumpluff = really good support with Sleep Powder/Toxic + Leech Seed Combo plus its high speed makes it move first.
Roserade = Good Defensive wise and in Attack as well.

Since Roserade doesnt have any good poison type moves yet I say you can Choose Jumpluff for Support or Tangrowth for its defense imo.

Edited by LeonTakashi

why not trevenent? Can status and stall with willo, leech seed, and harvest plus has pretty high attack to hit with shadow force and horn leech which provide it with more healing/stall.

Interesting. I've never thought of him, but if i have him, i can replicate his competitive move set even before lvl 35. Thanks for sharing mate.

It honestly depends on what you want your Grass type to do in the long run. There isn't really a degree in that "which is better", since your team may need an offensive Grass type, a defensive Grass type, or a tanky one. If this is your first choice, think about how you're going to revolve your team around it.

If you want a physical attacking Grass type Leavanny is top choice due to it being second fastest, learning Swords Dance by itself and having strong STAB moves such as X-Scissor and Leaf Blade to work with. Jumpluff can run Swords Dance but is TM reliant and needs Seed Bomb for STAB, so it's better if you relied on it for utility, such as sleep, Leech Seed and the rest.

Tangrowth is a tank in which it can take tons of physical hits and deal damage back from both spectrums, but it's slow and has poor Special Defense. Trevenant is sort of a jack of all trades, master of none amongst all these; it's only notable stat is it's good Attack, but is inferior to Leavanny at sweeping. You'd use it for it's Ghost type, if anything. That's the only niche it has.

Roserade is a wide choice due to it having good bulk, speed, and high Special Attack to work with. It's the best special sweeper amongst all given choices and you can top it off with some utility as well.

It honestly depends on what you want your Grass type to do in the long run. There isn't really a degree in that "which is better", since your team may need an offensive Grass type, a defensive Grass type, or a tanky one. If this is your first choice, think about how you're going to revolve your team around it.

If you want a physical attacking Grass type Leavanny is top choice due to it being second fastest, learning Swords Dance by itself and having strong STAB moves such as X-Scissor and Leaf Blade to work with. Jumpluff can run Swords Dance but is TM reliant and needs Seed Bomb for STAB, so it's better if you relied on it for utility, such as sleep, Leech Seed and the rest.

Tangrowth is a tank in which it can take tons of physical hits and deal damage back from both spectrums, but it's slow and has poor Special Defense. Trevenant is sort of a jack of all trades, master of none amongst all these; it's only notable stat is it's good Attack, but is inferior to Leavanny at sweeping. You'd use it for it's Ghost type, if anything. That's the only niche it has.

Roserade is a wide choice due to it having good bulk, speed, and high Special Attack to work with. It's the best special sweeper amongst all given choices and you can top it off with some utility as well.

Basically i want to build a team around my starter (Speed Boost Torchic). I already have (M)eowstick for support with dual screens (and Prankster Thunder Wave if Jan gives us that TM), so now i don't know what i need for my team.

I'll be the odd one out and say Leavanny. While Roserade does have higher defense, I've always had amazing success with Leavanny. Sure it can't survive fire or flying attacks (but why would you put it against those types anyway?) but Leaf Blade against anyone who doesn't defend against it will hurt. X-scissor on Leavanny is great too, destroying psychic and dark types. It's a glass cannon and a good one, plus it's rather fast!

Edited by fireflame