What Does Your Name Mean?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the story goes as follows; I used to play the Lore-master class in the Lord of the Rings Online MMo, a class that utilizes pets. One of them (the pets) happens to be a sneaky lynx that when sent out on the enemies it dealth tons of damage and wasn't spotted until it was really close to them and from my point of view, it's head and back, while running, seemed almost like a torpedo with a tail attached. So there you have it; stealth, high dmg and the looks (sort of) a torpedo of my feline companion.... I'm weird, I kno

Well, when I was creating my account, I was thinking of a name. And, then I thought about my personality: "Well, I like being cool and cute!" I thought to myself. And, boom, Cool Girl I came up with because I'm cool and well, I guess girls can be cute and tough too, so yeah! :)

Mine originated from my XBox 360 gamertag that I made way back in 2007, "WhiteFury13". Because I was mostly playing shooters like Halo 3 and the Left 4 Dead series with local friends, I wanted something that looked cool whenever I saw it, so I went with "WhiteFury". The "13" part was added because I was born on the 13th. Over time a lot of people online (both on XBox Live and in other forums) started referring to me as just "Fury", so I've gotten used to it and used that as my username on these forums.

humm my name is simple and weird in origin the Nova part is the main thing as ive had this part of many of my usernames for years in may palces on the internet many can come to know its derived from the the nuclear explosion caused when a star dies a Nova and that is so ive had it a fascination with since ive studied about in a book a while ago and it caught on eventually ever since i started using it as a username now the knight part cause i could and the user name Nova was taken we all know who has that now dont we

• 2 weeks later...

One of my aboslute favorite girl name ever is Lillian.

I used to roleplay back in the days, I always picked a kind of boring name like Maria (sorry if your name is Maria, I didn't mean to offend you) and gave it my own kind of twist by adding some different letters and/or writing it differently.

So I gave the name Lillian my own twist by removing the ai and add ee instead. Thus the name Lilleen was born.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

CodeCass is a combination and corruption of my first and last names, Cody Castleman. Plus my father had the nickname "Cass" when he was my age. So I stole that and threw my own twist on it when I got into gaming and needed a handle.

Uh...

My name is literally a mash of letters that sounded cool, which I came up with while coming up with names for a Worms Armageddon team a few years ago. Seriously. Anstane was the first one I came up with and the name...just kind of stuck as cool, so I kept reusing it until I figured "Why not start using it as a nickname, it's better then what I've been using before".

I usually use another nickname but since that links to several personal things I won't discuss it.

Pokefailure has a very simple reason for existence, I downloaded reborn because I was bored and wanted to play a game.

"Lel another easy pokegame" About 2 hours in, *BOOOOM* I lose to julia. It's not even CLOSE. Water starter didn't help "ooooh a challenge"

I actually started trying to beat julia, I grind and get a squad of 6 decent pokemon. Beat julia, move on.

Fast forward to the 1st pulse, I got rekt like 5 times, I needed help, Google pokemon reborn, Find it has a forum "Oh wow" I failed at pokemon, type in "PokeFailure"

2-3 Months later, I beat the game and several other fangames bcuz I am no longer the PokeScrub. But I can't change my name so it's stuck.

I've always liked crows due to their intelligence, but I began adding a reference to a raven or crow to my usernames online after I began playing the video game series Armored Core. In those games you pilot giant robots as a mercenary, and the term for mercenaries in the Armored Core universe is "Ravens". As a nod to the game series, I started calling myself "Corvus" since its the name for the constellation of a raven. The "Wandering" is just there to sound cool.

(As a bit of a side note, my current profile picture is of a robot called a Huckebein, which was named after a German comic book character who was incidentally, a raven).

Oooh, I forgot this was a thing~

For a long time I was trying to think of an online alias for myself but I just couldn't think of anything so I thought it would just have to come to you one day like an it chooses you sort of thing or it just comes along or whatever but eh, and micky33000000 was just something I thought of when I was 8 making a bebo account I know right

So I have a lot of reasons for this name but I came up with it because I wanted a certain colour on the showdown server and I started thinking of things an BlueMoonIceCream popped into my head, so I typed it in and low and behold.... it was still the wrong colour buuuut it was one letter off so I googled symbols that look like the letter m and I got this "ℳ".

So that's how I was able to choose it but there's more to it than that though, you see I always like to be a positive person at least whenever I can you could call me an optimist, I like making people happy which is very fitting for BlueMoonIceCream, I also like my friends and I would always like to make them happy of course. Another thing I like is the night sky it's amazing looking at the stars and the full moon sometimes helps me forget about my troubles and whatnot also my favourite colour is in fact a shade of blue, cyan to be exact and of course I do enjoy ice cream though I haven't had any in over a year.

And finally you'll probably find that a guy like me only shows up.... once in a Blue Moon ;3

Well, Ghost was basically chosen because I like Ghost types. And as for Stark, it's not as obvious as most would think because, although my fondness of House Stark from A Song of Ice and Fire played a part in my choice, what decided it was a personalty trait of mine.To avoid a litany, I'll just say that I'm not very forgiving towards people I don't like; and I tend to show my displeasure rather bluntly if they try to force their opinions - or even their presence - on me, though normally I'll avoid these people, if I can.

Because S P A N G E

Okay really Adaliene is the middle name of my book's protag. Once I fell into Fangame Hecktm she slowly grew a life of her own.

As for why I picked that in the first place...go back and ask hs me. Or rather not. Rather, stay far away.

My name here is something I am. I like adventure. I also ride an Adventurer touring bike. So this was a good name for me on this forum.

Also, my in game name few people here would understand because it's in my dialect: Keun666

Keun is rabbit or bunny, an animal I just love. It's just so damn cute! The 666 is because I'm like metal.

I can't really remember when I first used shy-twinee as a username, but it had to be some time in highschool. I coined it based on:

1. every since I was little, I have been a shy gal
  2. I have an identical twin and the school guidance counselor, like most people, couldn't tell us apart so she would often call us twinny when only referring to one of us (I like spelling it as twinee) and the nickname just grew on me.

• 4 weeks later...