Possible E4...ers

Damage

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know that leader thing that someone posted earlier? About the season one leaders? It got me thinking and I wanted to see all the leaders throughout the years. I found a link to it and it was cool to see profiles for Cain and Kiki and everyone. Even florina has a thing were shows how she was once not all flobotish....

Then. I found something odd. So let's talk about terra. Everyone has theories about her. The most common being she was driven crazy with something to do with arceus. But there's another obvious oddity about her right in her gym battle. See, most leaders love to save their ace for last. But terra seems to send out her Rawrchomp whenever she feels like. Weird isn't it. The Pokemon she DOES always send out last is her evil swagsire. Which brings me back to the link I found

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=11241&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1

It contains one more leader. One who has not been in the story yet. A ground leader by the name of Sandy with her ace...Quagsire. Not to mention the fact that her battle sprite is the spitting image of Terra's.Now this opens up some veery interesting possibilities. Is the terra we know a fake? Did this sandy make terra the way she is? Is she alive? This girl plays a bigger role in the story than we know. I suspect we'll meet her (or hear about her) soon enough.

According to your link, Sandy was an April Fools prank, so we probably won't see her in the game.

Isn't that just gonna be Baby Arceus though?

Actually some people speculate it may be a young Lin who was trapped in time, as Adrienn describes seeing a young girl climb the tower, but we don't see her. People say it's Lin because Ame made this topic for I think it was dangan reborn and there was a young girls sprite that looked like Lins, which just so happens to match the one shadowy figures sprite on the intro screen that people talked about.

According to your link, Sandy was an April Fools prank, so we probably won't see her in the game.

Ah, but I'm still not counting out the possibility. That swagsire ace of terra's was done for a reason imo.

Edited by Zane0144

Ah, but I'm still not counting out the possibility. That swagsire ace of terra's was done for a reason imo.

Uh who Terra sends out depends on what you have in. I've had Terra send in Swagsire as her second mon before. Also ideally Gym leaders should save their ace for last, but that's being worked on to make that actually happen in game since they currently just kinda show up half way through the fights.

Ummm leaders don't save their aces for last all the time sir. I direct you to Shade who would usually bring out Chandelure before things like Rotom. Then there is Kiki who can bring out Medicham before other team members. Sometimes Flobot even brings in Cradily before finishing the battle. Terra brings out Garchomp if it is best fit for the situation, not because it isn't her ace. It being the highest leveled member should tell you it is her ace.

Also yes it is trying to be made so that leaders save their aces for last, I believe this was discussed somewhere.

• Support Squad

most of the AIs decisions are based on Pokemon essentials. I highly dout Ame had anything to do with that choice. Especially because the AI used to be real stupid when Terra came out.

about sandy, ame said in that thread:

as renzo said, sandy was an april fool's joke. season 2 leaders were revealed a bit at a time, one part being the silhouette of their battle sprite. when the ground leader was being revealed we made sandy based on terra's silhouette as a gag and pretended she was the real ground leader. then suddenly poof, terra.

But about Lin being the one Adrienn saw under the stairway.. Does this mean Lin was down there with that thing, that had a few lines when you left the place?

If so what if Lin actually joined Meteor to free it from down there (because they became friends'n stuff) and that's why they(/she) actually is trying to get in there (It would be very strange if it's the champion o.ò )?
If it isn't actually Arceus (cuz tbh the voice just didn't make the impression of god to me [and even if it is baby arceus, arceus did create universes and other stuff after haching]) she would be leading meteor to free smth else and therefore risking to lose Solaris' and Elias' (well and sirius' [notice how they all end with s..{illuminati!}]) trust. But what if this thing she isn't actually betraying them? what if this thing is actually able to create the new world they are dreaming of without being Arceus? This would mean, there is something trapped in there strong enough to anihilate a world and create a new one and seeing how Lin actually is aggressively trying to reach this goal I don't think it has any good intentions ..

waah I somehow doubt this actually is what's going down but still.. ! goosebumps D: & love where this is going ~

Edited by Mimmu

As far as I can tell the AI prefers to send out pokemon in the order that they're in their team (ie. since their ace is the last pokemon it's more likely to be sent out last), but they will always rather send out a pokemon with a super effective move over a pokemon that doesn't have any super effective move, even if it's not the next pokemon they would 'normally' send out (if they have multiple pokemon with super effective moves then they'll send out whichever was closest to being the next pokemon), so if you send out a pokemon that only their ace has a super effective move against then they'll send out their ace.

There may be some other considerations for how the AI chooses to send out its pokemon, but that's the thing I've noticed most consistently about the AI (the AI still does all kinds of weird stuff that absolutely confuses me though).