Pokemon Injustices

Fumble

If you watched HoodlumScrafty, you'd know that he has a recent series with TheGreatBulbasaurus, where they make top 10 lists of Pokemon injustices. So post what you think is an injustice here! It can be anything really, like no item to do this, a Pokemon not getting this typing/ability/move, this move not doing that, etc. Here are two simple injustices of the top of my head (don't want to go ranting on and on):

- Fog only was there to lower accuracy and hamper your vision, and it was taken away after generation 4, meaning it was there for only three games.

They could've done so much more with fog, like have it boost certain types of moves (Flying? Ice? Water?) or create new abilities that take advantage of it! I was disappointed when this was all it did in generation 4, and even more when generation 5 did not include it, giving it no time to improve.

- No Castform form for Sandstorm (and Fog). I understand that Sandstorms are relatively uncommon, while the others aren't (rain, sunny, snowy), but Sandstorm (and Fog) are weather forms, too! They could do all sorts of things with a Rock type Castform and give it an even more diverse movepool! I mean, they had Weather Ball be affected by Sandstorm and Fog, so Castform should be, too!

Believe me, I have a LOT more to say, but it's time for you guys to contribute! Happy posting!

It took Flareon 6 (SIX!) generations to get a STAB move that could actually capitalize on its massive Atk, and now that it finally got Flare Blitz...

... It still sucks! That's a huge injustice right there!

Some pokemon injustices:

1- masquerain not being bug/water type.

2- weavile not having technician as a ability.

3- typhlosion not having earth power in the moveset.

4- escavalier not capable of learning gyro ball.

5- flygon not being part bug type.

6- yanmega not being part dragon type.

These are the only ones I can think of right now.

EDIT: sorry for the flygon typing mistake but now it should be corrected.

Edited by dark_stalker

Injustices huh? Well:

-Magnezone still hasn't got levitate as ability. Magnet rise is NOT the way to solve this gamefreak.

-Gyarados is not a water/dragon.

-No intimidate for special attack.

-No evo for farfetch'd, dunsparce, luvdisc, spinda, sableye, mawile, (<<I don't care they have megas), castform...

-Jynx still hasn't got the evo Magmar and Electabuzz got.

-Luvdisc ain't still evolving into Alomomola.

-Bug doesn't resist fairy and itself.

-Rock doesn't resist rock, bug and ice.

-Ice doesn't resist grass, ground and water.

-Gale wings.

-Dragonair, Milotic and Flygon still do not have megas...

-Gyarados' mega is water/dark and not water/dragon

-Mega Rayquaza exists.

-Mega Mewtwo exists (there are 2 of them, as a matter of fact).

-Unown is still useless and doesn't seem to be evolving into Sigilyph anytime soon. Neither seems they will make a mon called Missigno and make it Unown's evo.

-Arceus is god yet not the stronger mon statistically.

-Constrict and barrage are as useless as ever.

-Grass and rock have too many weaknesses, it is not fair for these types.

And those are all I remember right now.

flygon and yanmega not being part dragon type.
>flygon
>flygon
>flygon

But....what?

EDIT: okay it seems the people who posted did it BEFORE me and not AFTER, so this is a double post...sigh, can some mod help me and erase this one?

EDIT EDIT: my two posts were merged! thanks based admin!

Edited by zimvader42

- Rock Smash (HM-version)

A lot of you may know that I HATE Rock smash with a passion and this is why:

It is/was an HM-move that is sooo dastardly weak... apparently it has a 50% chance to lower defense - sweet! - if it would trigger more then once upon using all 15PP (which is exceptionally low for a move with its Base Power)

you NEED it to advance... effectively blocking a move slot for a more effective move, because you couldn't unlearn it. - yes HM-slaves blah blah blah... but even they can only carry 4 moves...

and currently in Reborn... you still need it at certain points... but you don't have another viable TM to swap it for, once you're done rock smashing...

sometimes I wish we would get HM-Items like in Omicron... that pickaxe is just so glorious... no more Rock Smash...

- Cut not being effective against Grass-Types (YOU CUT TREES WITH IT!)

- Ice Pokemon being available always pretty late game (original games)

Fairy not being weak to Bug.

No bugs being able to learn surf, and only a legendary bug and a very rare bug can learn Fly.

The incredibly off putting Pokemon sizes, (Yanmega is 1.90m, while Charizard is 1.50 or something.) I get that Japanese people are incredibly short and these seem big, but to a western man of 1.90 tall I feel Charizard would have to fly on me or else I'd get PETA on my tits.

(honestly, finding out the real height of certain anime characters has destroyed many of my expectations.)

The fact that Ice suck as a type is probably the biggest injustice. Each generationg, Game Freak makes it stronger and stronger offensiverly... And weaker and weaker defensively. The only two Pokemon capable of starting a weather condition that advantages Ice-type Pokemon are weak to literally half the metagame, Also there are LOTS of Ice-type Pokemon whose stats and movepools are geared towards being bulky attackers... But again, what's the point in having good (not even "great", just "good") if you have more than 5 weaknesses? Might as well go all out on the attack right? Yet only Weavile (and Mamoswine to a lesser extent) do this consistently... And they are physical attackers. And physical Ice-type moves are much worse than special ones. Game Frak, why do you hate the Ice type?

Well, they originally made dark type moves special while most dark type mons at the time were physical attackers, and they redeemed themselves in gen IV. Maybe they'll do the same with the ice type? It needs a handful of new resistances IMO, since no matter how much of a good attacking type it is, is almost preferable to use ice without the STAB rather than having your mon die to everything. If ice resisted water and flying, with only those two it would be already more bearable. If it resisted water, flying, grass and ground (and itself ofc) as I always believed it should, it would be a fairly better defensive type: mamoswine, for example, would hae only three weaknesses to fighting, steel and fire, since the rest would cancel each other out.

Rock, grass and bug are three other types that have been very mistreated as well. Rock's amount of weaknesses doesn't compensate enough to use it defensively. Just imagine if rock resisted bug, ice, itself and electric, it would be so much better, and things like water/rock corsola or rock/flying aerodactyl would find themselves with less weaknesses.

Grass is the worst starter type and that's unfair. More weaknesses than resistances, compared to water and fire, both decent defensive types, is pretty bad. If grass resisted rock and took neutral damage from flying (as more birds use trees rather than eat them, and the seeds they eat aren't actually digested), that would already be something huge for the poor type.

And bug, as much as I love fairy types, should be made resistant to fairy. Dunno if super effective against (I'd preffer them to be weak to fire tbh), but resistant, hell yes. If bug resisted psychic, ghost, dark and fairy it would get an incredible boost (also, a single-minded bug should be almost indifferent to the power of mind, spirits, evil or magical beings; they're all for SURVIVAL!!).

fairies

/thread

*sees dragon related avi*

*gets it*

*lols*

EDIT: oh my god I'm not having any of the luck today. I take too long to write -.-

I'm sorry for asking again but, could some admin delete this? Don't even merge it, just erase it, I'm tired of double posting today...

Edited by Godot

- Azumarill having Huge Power .. I mean wtf?! Where does the power come from?! It has 2 little sticks as arms!
- Garchomp not learning DD
- mantine & Gyarados not learning roost

- Machamp not having Iron Fists as an ability and not learning Mach Punch

- Milotic & especially Rapidash not having a Mega (PEGASUS!! q.q)

- Breloom learning Spore
- Ninjatom being affected by Spikes, Rocks & Weather (Srsly this thing cant get touchet by a draco meteor but if there's a little sand in the air its dying? And how the hell are ..)
- Stealth Rocks affecting flying & levitating Pokemon (.. Rocks on the ground a threat for anything in the air? Or are the rocks levitating as well?)
- Unaware (How is this even working? You use 3 SD and this thing is all like "Nah, didn't see it")
- With the introduction of Megas and insanely high stats why are Truant and Slow Start still a thing?
- Raichu being overall less useful than Pikachu

- Normalize not giving a boost
- making Purrloin stand up in its 3d sprite.. its just.. look at it ! 509.gif it was so cute.. q.q

Ho-hum where to begin.

-Gyarados not getting a fking STAB physical move till Gen 4

-Turning Azumarill from total garbage to one of the most predominant Pokemon ever.

-The teams since Gen 3 having almost unreal goals in mind.

-A ten-year old (15-16 year old IinXY) can flatten Champions and Pokemon of legends like they're just another Rattatta on Route 1.

- Not giving any Kalos Megas (I don't mean Diancie, I mean I wanna see a giant-ass shield of a Mega Chesnaught or something like that)

-Prankster (Not even gonna go into that one)

-Extremespeed and Spore not being breedable.

-An ice cream cone and a torn garbage bag that are Pokemon........... -_-

.......Can't think of any more right now.

-Charizard and Mewtwo getting so much fanservice (megas cough cough)

-Alakazam getting rekt by the physical-special split

-Bug types can't surf. None of them. Only Genesect and Volcarona can fly.

-They don't make enough weak Ghosts/Dragons to pad our Monotypes with

-That they made Muk and Electrode yet people complain about Vanilluxe and Garbodor...

-Only mega from Gen 5 is Audino

-That, right as HM's were going out of style in Gen 5, they're back in ORAS

This is the part where I earn my Devil's Advocate title

--------

bugs eat other bugs, so why would bug resist itself? *stares at scyther, the monster praying mantis*

You can use rocks to break/sharpen other rocks

When water freezes in the cracks and crevices of rocks and stuff, it can totally break the rock just not in the easy, super effective sort of way.

Why it doesn't resist bug, idk. bugs can move earth around and form it, but they don't actually break into rocks or w/e

why would typhlosion get earth power? it has no earth/ground affiliation whatsoever, it's like ponyta- it's just a mammal with flame hair

yanmega is all bug and no dragon- although, seadra should be all water creature and no dragon, except for the silly ancient oriental belief that seahorses were dragons. Just cuz dragon is in the name.... it's not a dragon.

Can you even imagine what a jynx evolution would possibly look like? [bad joke was REDACTED]

idky ice would resist ground. Water, maybe. You pour water on ice, the ice will melt, but you just turn down the temp and it becomes more ice. So it's kinda neutral that way.

Muk is living sludge, chemcials that mixed together to create a kind of life. Garbodor makes far less sense. Frankenstein was made with human parts mashed together. You won't make old vacuum tubes and bags of lint come alive by sticking them together. Vanilluxe is ice cream with a face. Why? Cryogonal is a creature with crystaline structure, which just looks way better and makes more sense than vanilluxe. Voltorb is an energy/electric based being that was created accidentally in the process of making pokeballs (how pokeballs work in the first place is a huge mystery and scientific conundrum). Verdict- not an injustice.

Manta rays can't roost, they need to keep moving to move water and thus oxygen over their gill so they can breathe. Idk about gyarados though. Maybe too OP??

What is a ninjatom? oh, Ninjask. Wonder guard. You always have to wonder how it works. *shrug*

Stealth rocks, as seen in the show, I think is more accurately described as a trap rather than a hazard. rough terrain is always a hazard. Stealth rocks are something... more.

-Injustices-

Gale Wings- why don't all flying pokemon with wings have a chance at that?

Dragonair evolves into that friggin slob, dragonite

No evo or mega evo for torkoal

Mega Mewtwo Y's form. It's just terrible to look at.

HM moves, in general.

Arceus and its terribad lore exists

GF not revamping stat distributions for older legends and starters.

Why does venusaur, a fat frog plant thing, have more defenses than blastoise, a tank turtle?

wait, surskit can't surf?

Chikorita line is a thing.

pikachu is popular

shiny pokemon don't have all maxed IV's anymore

gym trainers suck

evil organization thugs all use the same tired old pokemon

pokemon that don't get drain punch

@helia- I know what you mean. look up the height and weight of Ryu, then look up the height and weight of Scorpion/Sub-Zero.

-An ice cream cone and a torn garbage bag that are Pokemon........... -_-

Biggest injustice to me is that people still say this shit before realizing gen 1 had inanimate based object pokemon. A magnet, a ball, a pile of sludge, a smokey toxic ball, a rock, a rock snake, eggs, jello. Not too mention some of the "absolutely incredible" pokemon before gen 5. Gen 1 is a prime example ready? Plants, Birds, Turtles, Bugs, A rat, A mouse, a snake, a shrew, fairies before fairies, rabbits, rocks, foxes, dogs, cats, a balloon, a bat, more plants, more bugs, a starfish, a squid, a tadpole, fighters, magnets, more birds, a seal, a clam, a pile of pollution, air based pollution, kangaroos, rhinos, ducks, Crabs, seahorses, dragons and more fucking birds. Oh and genetics. Who could forget those two pokemon? Honestly people get on gen 5, when in reality it's actually GF doing the same shit over and over again. In gen one we had dragons, snakes, turtles and rats. In gen 5 we have... Dragons, snakes, turtles and rats. I blame gen 1 for GF's horrible design habits :V

bugs eat other bugs, so why would bug resist itself? *stares at scyther, the monster praying mantis*

You can use rocks to break/sharpen other rocks

When water freezes in the cracks and crevices of rocks and stuff, it can totally break the rock just not in the easy, super effective sort of way.

Why it doesn't resist bug, idk. bugs can move earth around and form it, but they don't actually break into rocks or w/e

Can you even imagine what a jynx evolution would possibly look like? [bad joke was REDACTED]

idky ice would resist ground. Water, maybe. You pour water on ice, the ice will melt, but you just turn down the temp and it becomes more ice. So it's kinda neutral that way.

Muk is living sludge, chemcials that mixed together to create a kind of life. Garbodor makes far less sense. Frankenstein was made with human parts mashed together. You won't make old vacuum tubes and bags of lint come alive by sticking them together. Vanilluxe is ice cream with a face. Why? Cryogonal is a creature with crystaline structure, which just looks way better and makes more sense than vanilluxe. Voltorb is an energy/electric based being that was created accidentally in the process of making pokeballs (how pokeballs work in the first place is a huge mystery and scientific conundrum). Verdict- not an injustice.

Rock resisting rock is based on the same logic you use, but backwards: there are rocks even tougher than metal, and there are rocks that cannot be sharpened/broken by other less tough rocks.

Not all rocks are weak to the expansion of ice inside them. Rocks that do not have porosity are certainly "resistant" to ice, since water can't get inside them in the first place (unlike in ground, which generally is always permeable and softer than rock). The same way around, some rocks are not hard or compact enough to even scratch ice, while others are, so if we went by that Ice and rock should be neutral to each other (which could work as well)

In glaciars, ice forms rock-hard structures that move slowly by gravity. Glaciars remove, scratch and change the appearance of the ground around them as if it was nothing (this is probably why they made ice se against ground I guess), but ground is soft in comparison and it can't even do shit to big masses of ice, unlike rock which can have a chance depending on how hard it is. As for ice resisting water, I just think that it is colder, solid water, that floats above liquid water, and isn't really harmed by water in any way, that's why I think ice should be resistant to it.

I'll give you bug resisting bug however. Doesn't make sense from a biological point of view but I always felt it should, mostly as an added survival factor for terribad typings such as Parasect's and Leavanny's.

Regardless, these type resistances I talk about are mostly thought in a strategical way with the only intention to make ice, rock and bug better defensive typings. If they make sense or not at the end of the day, you simply point at "pokemon logic" and call it a day.

The way Garbodor-Vanilluxe are justified as being worse than Muk-Electrode is random as fuck in my opinion. Saying that garbodor makes far less sense than muk is almost as saying that garchomp is far less of a badass than gyarados, just because. For what we know, Garbodor can perfectly be based in the same principle Muk is, that is, chemicals that mixed together to create a kind of life. I mean why not? how do you know that the same reactions that brought muk to live weren't similar or even the same that made the substances inside garbodor come to life as well? If anything, the only real difference between them is that muk is made of liquified crap, while garbodor is made of solid crap (and has a skin-bag...sorta lol).

I'll give you Vanilluxe however, in that is just an ice cream with a face. BUT, Electrode happens to be a pokéball with a face (and upside down). "Electrode is an energy/electric based being" the same way I could say "Vanilluxe is an ice/snow based being". If anything, as said already, the choice of an ice cream as visual design is a bit weird, but comes down to the same weirdness that makes most people like electrode. I'll agree though, that Cryogonal looks better (than both). A shame that most people don't like it (another injustice) and that it isn't ice/psychic (yet another injustice).

fairies

/thread

Scyther not being able to fly.

Genwunners that make huge gripes over inanimate objects being Pokemon while ignoring the Voltorb and Muk lines completely,

Victoria's existence.

Having to have SHOES to be able to run.

why would typhlosion get earth power? it has no earth/ground affiliation whatsoever, it's like ponyta- it's just a mammal with flame hair

It's the Volcano pokemon, it should be able to make the ground erupt! If a coral pokemon (corsola), a flower (sunflora) and flying/levitating dragons can use earth power Typhlosion should be able too.

Injustices

-Only smack down is 100% accurate from all the other pshysical rock type moves

-A +6 speed pokemon still can't outspeed priority

-Klefki exist (not because its a key)

-Event only moves not becoming available in newer generations

-Wash rotom is stupidily good while fan rotom is terrible bad (give it new ability and new form move plz)

-Dedenne is not even scratched from a freaking meteor coming from a 7 meter dragon

-The healing gap between super potion and hyper potion is huge

-Nidorina/queen can't breed

Rock resisting rock is based on the same logic you use, but backwards: there are rocks even tougher than metal, and there are rocks that cannot be sharpened/broken by other less tough rocks.

Not all rocks are weak to the expansion of ice inside them. Rocks that do not have porosity are certainly "resistant" to ice, since water can't get inside them in the first place (unlike in ground, which generally is always permeable and softer than rock). The same way around, some rocks are not hard or compact enough to even scratch ice, while others are, so if we went by that Ice and rock should be neutral to each other (which could work as well)

In glaciars, ice forms rock-hard structures that move slowly by gravity. Glaciars remove, scratch and change the appearance of the ground around them as if it was nothing (this is probably why they made ice se against ground I guess), but ground is soft in comparison and it can't even do shit to big masses of ice, unlike rock which can have a chance depending on how hard it is. As for ice resisting water, I just think that it is colder, solid water, that floats above liquid water, and isn't really harmed by water in any way, that's why I think ice should be resistant to it.

I'll give you bug resisting bug however. Doesn't make sense from a biological point of view but I always felt it should, mostly as an added survival factor for terribad typings such as Parasect's and Leavanny's.

Regardless, these type resistances I talk about are mostly thought in a strategical way with the only intention to make ice, rock and bug better defensive typings. If they make sense or not at the end of the day, you simply point at "pokemon logic" and call it a day.

The way Garbodor-Vanilluxe are justified as being worse than Muk-Electrode is random as fuck in my opinion. Saying that garbodor makes far less sense than muk is almost as saying that garchomp is far less of a badass than gyarados, just because. For what we know, Garbodor can perfectly be based in the same principle Muk is, that is, chemicals that mixed together to create a kind of life. I mean why not? how do you know that the same reactions that brought muk to live weren't similar or even the same that made the substances inside garbodor come to life as well? If anything, the only real difference between them is that muk is made of liquified crap, while garbodor is made of solid crap (and has a skin-bag...sorta lol).

I'll give you Vanilluxe however, in that is just an ice cream with a face. BUT, Electrode happens to be a pokéball with a face (and upside down). "Electrode is an energy/electric based being" the same way I could say "Vanilluxe is an ice/snow based being". If anything, as said already, the choice of an ice cream as visual design is a bit weird, but comes down to the same weirdness that makes most people like electrode. I'll agree though, that Cryogonal looks better (than both). A shame that most people don't like it (another injustice) and that it isn't ice/psychic (yet another injustice).

A lot of the type resistances you're talking about don't actually exist - rock doesn't resist rock (though, a lot of rock pokemon are half ground type and ground does resist rock), bug doesn't resist bug (again, a lot of bug pokemon are also flying type and flying does resist bug) and ice doesn't resist water (water resists ice and is neutral offensively against ice), ice doesn't resist ground.

- Mew and Cryogonal knowing Attract.

- Sludge Wave is not compatible for Gengar.

- Fairy being immune to Dragon types.

- Chatter 100% confuse chance. (Hacked Gale Wings are impressive.)

- About how Freeze-Dry affects most common dual typed water Pokemon.

- Sap Sippers.

Add more injustices here.

A lot of the type resistances you're talking about don't actually exist - rock doesn't resist rock (though, a lot of rock pokemon are half ground type and ground does resist rock), bug doesn't resist bug (again, a lot of bug pokemon are also flying type and flying does resist bug) and ice doesn't resist water (water resists ice and is neutral offensively against ice), ice doesn't resist ground.

I knoooow they don't exist lol, I just proposed resistances that I THOUGHT some types should have to make their use as defensive types in a pokemon more worth it (ice only resisting ice makes it just so bad in a pokemon, and rock and grass having each 5 weaknesses is a bit too much, they're not that strong to begin with, only rock maybe). Maelstrom discussed why he doesn't find these logical, and then I discussed why I do find them (most of them at least lol) logical to a degree.

But yeah is more likely that ice is just going to stay the worst defensive type forever. Damn you, gamefreak.

Several type problems that are hindering the game and make it unfair for certain types. Hold on to your butts, cause I'm doing them all.

Normal --- not super effective against anything. I might as well use Bird type. Don't really know how to solve this one.

Water --- should be weak to poison. This way we nerf Water, which is an awesome, almost untouched type. Face it, how often do you see Grass moves used against you? Also, when electric is used, it probably comes as a STAB so you know to avoid it. At the same time, Poison is one of the types that has almost no offensive presence. It had absolutely none last gen, when it was SE only against Grass. Now with Fairy one would argue that things got better, but it's still underused and tossed aside in favor of Steel, and is still resisted by 4 types and one is immune to it.

Fairy --- should be weak to bug, not resist it! Now it's an OP powertype that tosses the most offensive types and makes them less usuable (Dragon, Dark, Fighting). It's worth mentioning that poor Bug type is now resisted by a total of 7 types and effective against only 3. If the change is applied we suddenly have a boost for the Bugs which are horrible defensively and now even more horrible offensively. Yes, bugs would get better over Poison types in terms of usage, but not Steel, as the latter also has a defensive presence, thus remaining usable. Also, Psychic should be resistant from Fairy attacks. It balances the metagame, as it doesn't have many resistances, and Fairies can easily be outsmarted by humans, based in lore.